Add a chat cooldown.

Suggestion Name: Title says enough; add a chat cooldown to prevent spamming as this does not exist yet (see the image).

Suggestion Description: Numerous times I have seen people spamming or abusing the chat function within TruckersMP. They are for exampling spamming the chat with "Join our VTC", or "Join our Discord group" etc etc. If the text is that short, it wouldn't be a problem at all for me. But, apparently, if people are promoting their VTC in the chat, they literally have to write a whole book about it (again, see the image). Usually they send it a couple of times, like every minute - I'm ok with that. But the real problem is, that some of them are sending it every second, like, every second. See the image for a "detailed description".

A cooldown would be e.g.:

10 messages in 10 seconds: 30 seconds cooldown;

30 messages in 1 minute: 1 minute cooldown.

Any example images: https://imgur.com/b0RQkyl

Why should it be added?: To prevent the above. This is obviously not the first time this happened, even after I screenshotted the same from that person, another person started doing the same, and then I left :lol:

Note: I have searched through the forum on "Chat Cooldown" and didn't find anything relevant to this.

• Sticky locked this topic