Flynn Dawson

Reversing with double-trailers. (Training/Guide)

I've seen a lot of peoples struggling with reversing a double trailer already in the few months that I'm playing Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Altought I've also seen a lot of peoples trying to park it into the unload-location, which is in most cases a very funny thing to watch.

Therefore in this guide I'll show how to allow yourself scriptwise to park a double trailer in the hardest-possible way.

And either I'll show you what would be the best way to train your skills in parking/unloading a double trailer.

1. How to make yourself able to hard-park a double trailer:

As most of you might have noticed, you can't select the hard way to park with doubles when arriving at the unload location.

This can simple be resolved by going to the "profile" files in your Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder, and click on the profile that you want to use.

"In case of multiple profiles you can login with your in-game profile and reload the folder, it will be the one on top (last used) after doing this".

In the profile folder you should open the "(config) .cfg file", and change the number behind this line: "g_simple_parking_doubles" from 1 to 0.

Now you will be able to hard-park your trailer in-game, in addition you can also auto-select hard-parking by setting "g_parking_difficulty" to 2.

2. How to reverse with a double trailer in case of driving into a death-end road:

A lot of peoples would be able to find their way out here, but some of them take a very long time for it while it is totally uneccaserely.

As most of you guys know, you just steer into the upposite direction of the trailer when you turn out of a death-end with a single trailer.

The basic of doing this maneuver with double trailers is almost the same, however you'll steer to the direction as where you wish to go.

By steering into the same direction your first trailer goes into the upposite direction, and thereby pushes the second trailer in the same.

Make sure to take a good look at the angle between the second and the first trailer, with a to sharp angle you will end up in damage.

However as long as you go straight in reverse, a smooth but carefull zig-zag move would do the job.

3. How to park double trailers on the hard-parking spot:

If you can turn your doubles in a narrow entrance it is time for you to learn how to park it into any place.

It is very important to look at the angles of your trailers and the angles of your truck when attempting to park it backwards.

The angle between your truck and the first trailer should not exceed 90 dagrees, and the angle between the trailers shouldn't exceed 110 dagrees.

That's just theoretical, to give a clear insight on the working angles, however when getting much above this angles you'll need to correct by driving forwards.

When you don't correct it there would be a big chance for you to end up sharpened. This will require some training, but the result is fantastic in my opinion.

Further I would advise everyone who is going to train their reversing skills with double trailers, to start immediately with the cabin-view.

When you take the exterior-camera you'll get used to that, and thereby it would still be hard to do it from the interior.

Hint: Its better to have the parking spot on the drivers side, since you will be able to see where your trailer goes by looking trough the window than.

The turned trailer would make you unable to watch it by using your mirrors, therefore this is highly recommendable in order to succeed.

Example/Clarification video for reversing with double trailers:

I'd hope that this guide helped you with the basics about how to learn it.

Good luck with training your skills in reversing with double trailers!