[GAME]Tracking other player's speed

Suggestion Name:  Title^

Suggestion Description:  There are many Speed hackers our question is how do we know if they are speed hacking or in other words driving over 150km/h? 

(new option on the tab list) 

- Click tab

- Right click 

- At the button next to "settings" in yellow click speed. 

- Huver your cursor over a moving truck and it will tell you how fast they are driving. 

(There should be a box pop under then the tab lost showing the speed)  

Any example images: No.

Why should it be added?: All Game Mods have to decided if a reported user is Speed hacking or not it's more easier to show evidence of there speed. Also, this would be something cool to have either way. 

Regards,

-Arctic Wolf :)

• Like 4
  • Upvote 10
  • True Story 1

Stay happy and safe

• 7 months later...

This suggestion is a really good one i hope it gets implemented. 

• Upvote 1

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

Good suggestion, but what about the known bug "Speedboost" with what You drive faster a little bit more than the global speed limit OR looks like speedhack?!
If someone record and report me for "speedhack" after I got the speedboost example on CD road at the train, I would be very angry if I would get ban for this, because I am the "victim". (Yes, my English is terrible sry.)

Example video:

Spoiler

So +1 and -1 from me :P 

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

Petrova

DC: Petrova#6591  |  VTC: Wolves™  |  My YT Channel  |  Languages what I speak: Hungarian, English, Russian

Thanks guys! I didn't even know this topic was open lol.

On 3/17/2019 at 5:58 PM, Petrova said:

Good suggestion, but what about the known bug "Speedboost" with what You drive faster a little bit more than the global speed limit OR looks like speedhack?!
If someone record and report me for "speedhack" after I got the speedboost example on CD road at the train, I would be very angry if I would get ban for this, because I am the "victim". (Yes, my English is terrible sry.)

Example video:

Hide contents

So +1 and -1 from me :P 

That can be acceptable. Places like the train, bridge etc, all of that can't be counted due to the speed bug.

Stay happy and safe

• 3 weeks later...

Great suggestion, except for the hovering over truck part. It would be a lot easier to display it in the hud under his name and make it toggleable in the settings. +1

sup9Kg1.png

I do feel like this would be useful for admins but you can already tell if they are speedhacking based on if their wheels jump and they suddenly game speed, also when going downhill you can actually go a few MPH above the speed limit so you might think someone is speedhacking when they aren't.

50 minutes ago, Excalibur97 said:

I will rather love too see that suggestion like this. So it will make convoy better. +1

sup9Kg1.png

It really is useful.
I agree with the other people below the name or hud, as they call it.

Suggestion .... just more to improve
Speeds should be in color patterns, are more prominent and easier to visualize.
Proposal to add:

0-90 KM / H ______ color green.
91-150 KM / H ______ yellow color.
+ 151KM / H ______ red color.

The color system would be useful for a quick assessment even to be alerted by a colleague. The physics that comes with 1.35 will make everything so much more realistic that high speeds will be very important for curving, rotating accidents.

I would add something else.
How much is the speed allowed for rotations, tunnels, bridges, accesses of viaducts and connections between highways.
Yes I know there are differences.
A calibration so that the speed in these locations respects the actual law of the game, nearby boards.
EX:
French Rotarian limit 40 km / h.
Trucks, cars would have speed following the color scale.

Would be like this:

0 km / h - 40km / h _____ color green / perfect ok.
41km / h - 80km / h ______ orange color / warning.
81km / h - 150km / h ______ yellow color / dangerous attention.
150km / h ___ red imprudent color.

Edited by plinio_lisboa
add info.
  • Upvote 1