Put discord icon on front page of TMP

MrSirViking

So i have been around this site for years! So i finally decided to get on to the discord. I am a Discord admin for xsgtpepperx and i like discord. So i thought why not join the fun of TMP Discord. But that was very hard to get into! Like i thought i could just open up the TMP website and find a link on the frontpage or in information or something that would let me on the discord. But i looked around and couldent find anything. So i had to google TMP and then discord. That got me a post that explained that i had to go into my settings and then connect discord and TMP. Fine i did that. Then where is my Discord link? No link still just some strange discord box in my settings. Looked back at the page and saw i had to hit connect. Did that and finally got TMP into my discord program. But that was WAY harder than it should have been. I noticed that you had a facebook, twitter and Twitch icon on the font page you can click. So my suggestion is to put a little DIscord icon with those that then takes you to the site that explains how to get on to the Discord. OR at least some easier way to find the Discord :)

Viking

Hello there, and thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, your post does not follow the format for suggestions. Could you edit the post so that it meets the following format:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Positivetrucking168

Community Moderator on the Forums

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrSirViking said:

But i looked around and couldent find anything.

If that is the case, I have to tell you that your search might not have been thorough enough. As a matter of fact, when opening the index of our forum, there is a gigantic section which is, in fact, already named "Discord" (Picture). You would have simply needed to click the "Guidance" section (the meaning of it should be very self-explanatory) and then you would have found this topic:

The reason why there is no simple invite link is that every Discord account is tied to the TruckersMP account, which means that we have the option to find and punish your online account as well, not only your Discord account of which you could create dozens. An invite link does not give us the option to tie Discord accounts to the respective user's TMP profile.

There are no plans to change that as of now. Hopefully, you can understand that.

//Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.