"x" button / voice command not working

mc_gueuze

Question

Hello mates,

i'm trying to solve a problem for over 2 evenings now regarding the "cb voice" command, normally as i've seen on several posts, that command should be "x" button.

but for some unknown reason, seems it's not working at all...

Microphone works fine on any other program and in windows settings, the thing is, even if the microphone is not working i guess i should still see the icon show up when i press "x" right?

i've been trying all mentionned (as far as i have found them) like:

• Make sure that the correct device is selected in Steam> Settings> Communication> Voice recorder, then test the microphone from the same place.
  • Open the game. On the desktop, right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of the following launch bar and come to the "Recording Devices" section. Make only one selected.
  • Press "TAB" key in the game and try to make Voice Chat settings from Settings
  • Steam > Settings > Contact > Sound Recorder make sure that the correct device is selected here.
  • Try to uninstall the drivers sound (Realtek) remove.  Download and install again
  • Try turning up the volume. Go Tab > Settings > Sounds a have a play with the sound levels
  • "My Documents-ETS2MP" can you delete the folder and try again
  • Run the multiplayer mod as admin

I have also tried to delete truckersmp (personal files as well) and reinstal, as well as ets2 and i just can't find the problem :-(

Even tried by removing my config & command files in my documents...

that "x" button is just not working in game (has not been allocated either by another function) though it's working as i'm using here in the teXt.

any more ideas are welcome, cheers ;-)

22 answers to this question

@mc_gueuze Hello!

Make sure it works in windows first. So right click the speaker icon in your taskbar and pick recording devices, a window will pop up. Speak in your microphone and you should see the levels move beside your active recording device. If you see movement, right click that one and select , Set as default device. You've now made your microphone the default recording device. Start the game and it should work now.

Regards B)

BombZ

2 hours ago, BombZ said:

@mc_gueuze Hello!

Make sure it works in windows first. So right click the speaker icon in your taskbar and pick recording devices, a window will pop up. Speak in your microphone and you should see the levels move beside your active recording device. If you see movement, right click that one and select , Set as default device. You've now made your microphone the default recording device. Start the game and it should work now.

Regards B)

BombZ

nope, the microphone is working fine elsewhere, the problem is in the game as the x button is not activating the voice function

hello

If your X key is not working, maybe you can use some utility, like SharpKeys, that allow you to re-map any keys to any others. With this, you should be able to change the binding, making it so, for example, you assign X to "Right Ctrl". Once done, you'd be able to use the "right Ctrl" key to speak on the CB radio. See image in the Spoiler. With some keyboard and/or controller brands, you can even change bindings directly, using their own software (I can assign X to a button in my Logitech G27 wheel using Logitech Profiler), which is even better, because you wouldn't need 3rd party software. Please be aware that SharpKeys changes entries in the windows registry, so it's provided with the warning "Use it at your own risk".

06.30.2018-08.49.58

have a try

Best Regards

Soul Knight:)

thanks @Soul Knight, i'll try this ;)

EDIT: didn't solve the problem :thinking:

add. info.: Before i had "x" assigned to some function, but used to delete the assignement earlier, and so it still wasn't working i reinstalled both (game and truckersmp + local files in documents)

Edited by mc_gueuze

4 hours ago, [L Y]- xiaonan said:

hello
My method is usually an input method problem where you press shift+ CTRL or CTRL + spacebar in the game and you press X
Best regards
xiaonan

actually it looks more like if the "X" command/assignment of truckersmp ain't working anymore...

Hello @mc_gueuze

Many answer has already given.

Please let us know, when your Problem has resolved ! :)

Sincerely, El_Bras!leño
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           TruckersMP 

Portuguese - English - German

Press "TAB" key in the game and try to make Voice Chat settings from Settings

Can You post a screenshot with the dialog of this settings? Maybe is something wrong and You didn't see it.

"You seemed like the ,,veteran” that knows everything. Not like a war veteran, just a guy that was long enough to know how it works"

1 hour ago, [VIVA] PsychicznyMajster said:

Can You post a screenshot with the dialog of this settings? Maybe is something wrong and You didn't see it.

these are my settings, for now devices are set as default because i don't have my usb headset with me,

but even if my headset is connected and set up, nothing happens, even when i push on start test, nothing happens.

• how is the start test supposed to behave? do i have to keep on pushing on "start test" button or just press once?
  • in the blank field, left from "start test" button, is there somthing supposed to happen?

in-game (settings closed):

• when i press "x" button, there is supposed to be a little pictogram showing up, is it only showed when i press or does it shows up when system detects my voice?

image.png.38e391b00a773d83555726a14e79e4ed.png

3 minutes ago, mc_gueuze said:

these are my settings, for now devices are set as default because i don't have my usb headset with me,

but even if my headset is connected and set up, nothing happens, even when i push on start test, nothing happens.

• how is the start test supposed to behave? do i have to keep on pushing on "start test" button or just press once?
  • in the blank field, left from "start test" button, is there somthing supposed to happen?

in-game (settings closed):

• when i press "x" button, there is supposed to be a little pictogram showing up, is it only showed when i press or does it shows up when system detects my voice?

image.png.38e391b00a773d83555726a14e79e4ed.png

Thanks, and now can You give us the list of the microphones or do You have only "Default"?

"You seemed like the ,,veteran” that knows everything. Not like a war veteran, just a guy that was long enough to know how it works"

7 minutes ago, [VIVA] PsychicznyMajster said:

Thanks, and now can You give us the list of the microphones or do You have only "Default"?

i have 3 options:

• Mappeur de sons microsoft - input
  • internal microphone (connexion stereo) laptop integrated microphone
  • casque (usb device) headset

Hello,

Have you tried changing the profile? You maybe need a new profile,delete old and create a new one.

Also, plesae look at this:

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

6 hours ago, .GENO. said:

Hi

Try this function

• casque (usb device) headset

Cordially :-)

that's the optioin i choose when i have my headset connected, still not working :(

1 hour ago, AdaBey said:

Hello,

Have you tried changing the profile? You maybe need a new profile,delete old and create a new one.

Also, plesae look at this:

Best regards.

have been thinking about this also, but it's not working :( 

AND MICROPHONE IS WORKING IN WINDOWS

4 hours ago, [VIVA] PsychicznyMajster said:

All right! Try this software: http://joytokey.net/en/ and change the [X] button to another one. Let us know if You finish.

but this is a program if you're using a joystick, right?

...i'm using the keyboard, and the X button works perfectly in windows (10 professional) and if i assign X button to (for example) brake in truckersmp, it works as well.

20 minutes ago, mc_gueuze said:

but this is a program if you're using a joystick, right?

...i'm using the keyboard, and the X button works perfectly in windows (10 professional) and if i assign X button to (for example) brake in truckersmp, it works as well.

So sorry, i give You the bad name of the software. I can't find the name of the software that changes the keys on the keyboard. If i found it i will send You or try self to find a software that will change it.