TruckersMP - Engine and Gear Change Tutorial

HelmeS

Hello Truckers!
In this guide i'm going to show you how you can change your truck's engine and transmisson by save editing. 
If you follow the guide perfectly, you will learn it.
__

*Make sure that, in your config.cfg file writings same with that's : 

-| Go to Document's.
-| Find "Euro Truck Simulator 2" and click it.
-| Open your "config.cfg" file with notepad.
-| Find those and change with yours if they're not the same :

uset g_developer ---> set to 1
uset g_save_format ----> set to 2
uset g_console -----> set to 1
__

Then watch to video and follow the step's : 

**Make sure that you have downloaded this file : 

I hope this guide helps you, have a great day! 

Best Regards,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Woah! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Night,

Let's say it's SaveEdit excess, but at the same time it's cool ... the truck gets a lot more powerful than the original engine :D

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you know, I see you can swap engines and transmissions from another truck,  but can you edit the standard SCS rear differential ratios for the base game transmissions? Is that allowed or could we look forward to seeing it be allowed in the near future? Picture shows what I'm referring to. Thank you in advance.

Edit: It appears SCS has these differential ratios already in the files but it's like only one can be chosen at a time for each transmission.

20190526_194812.png

Edited by Zippy405
Added extra info

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

First deactivating steam cloud in steam settings for game (if you got activated) and in game option for cloud save too.

After it save your qame with keyboard button for quick save, exit the game and open your profile folder then find quick save folder with "game" file. Open it game file with SII_Decrypt application, now you can edit and save it. When you finished with editing start the game and load quick save.

How can you know if you search in right folder (if you got more than one profile)?

Use "Hex to Text Convert" put your profile folder name here:

https://www.duplichecker.com/hex-to-text.php

• 1 month later...

Hey! I read all the lines you wrote. There really is very useful information under each title. In fact , I would like many players to read this topic and learn detailed information. I hope the players will regulate themselves. Thank you so much for the information you gave You are good man.

King Regards
Scanva Diesel A/S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great guide and video thanks. ❤️ 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 6 months later...