Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Sticky Throttle/keyboard

Silvrav

Question

HI All

So I have been experiencing the following in ETS2/ATS and it only occurs in MP.

If I am accelerating and then enter the chat window (Y) or shit+tab to go into the steam overlay and then back into the game my throttle key (W) doesn't work.

To fix it I either have to completely stop, brake repeatedly or sometimes going back in and out of the steam overlay, it will work again.

I have had it once as well where the throttle got stuck and I had to switch off the truck to avoid an accident.

Maybe related or not but I also then have a desync of sound, ie I don't hear my exhaust brake or engine revving when pressing the corresponding key.

Any ideas?

Again, in SP all is well.

*have submitted a ticket as well

15 answers to this question

Hello :)

Try this:

• Maybe you use "W" when use chat and game blocks your command. Just press SHIFT+TAB and ESC,and It'll be fixed
  • Please turn off UNIKEY before login game and play
  • The problem of pressing the W + Up arrow key at the same time on the keyboard will solve the problem.
  • Or try to press Ctrl+F1

33 minutes ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

Try this:

• Maybe you use "W" when use chat and game blocks your command. Just press SHIFT+TAB and ESC,and It'll be fixed
  • Please turn off UNIKEY before login game and play
  • The problem of pressing the W + Up arrow key at the same time on the keyboard will solve the problem.
  • Or try to press Ctrl+F1

Thanks for the reply :)

Where is the unikey option?

hello

have your problem been solved?

if not,you can try this method

Have you tried re-installing TMP?

You can do so by following these steps:

1) Delete TMP via the configuration screen

2) Go to X:\Documents\ETS2MP and remove the ETS2MP folder

3) Download and install the launcher again

Best Regards

Soul Knight:)

Hello,

You should not press shift+tab while playing. You can ramming other players wrongly.
This isn't a bug if you shift+tab of course your "W" doesn't work. So if you wanna it's always working just use "W" and "Y" dont shift+tab.

For your other problem ( hearing brake or revving) to fix it : 
Look at this topics : 

Best Regards,

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, HelmeS said:

Hello,

You should not press shift+tab while playing. You can ramming other players wrongly.
This isn't a bug if you shift+tab of course your "W" doesn't work. So if you wanna it's always working just use "W" and "Y" dont shift+tab.

For your other problem ( hearing brake or revving) to fix it : 
Look at this topics : 

Best Regards,

Hi HelmeS

I think you misunderstand me. I know W won't work when I shit + tab.

Thing is W still doesn't work after if I go back into the game after shift tabbing back into the game 

Secondly, its not about not being able to hear my truck, i can hear my truck, but the sounds are desync...ie the engine noise/revving only plays 2-3 seconds after I press a button, where in SP it goes with the button when I press it

8 minutes ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

You can find it in Taskbar 

Like this:

BlueStack-11-unikey.jpg  (This photo is my UNIKEY)

You can also see more photo here

Reveal hidden contents

ibus-unikey-telex-vn.png  go_tieng_viet_unikey_ibus_6.png 

Then right click and choose finish

ah, unfortunately, i don't use that software.

37 minutes ago, Soul Knight said:

hello

have your problem been solved?

if not,you can try this method

Have you tried re-installing TMP?

You can do so by following these steps:

1) Delete TMP via the configuration screen

2) Go to X:\Documents\ETS2MP and remove the ETS2MP folder

3) Download and install the launcher again

Best Regards

Soul Knight:)

Have done so but still no luck :(

6 minutes ago, MrCipr said:

Hi @Silvrav,

a couple of great answers have been given, and I would like to know if they helped in answering your question.

Best regards.

MrCipr

TruckersMP Support

The shift+f1 or shit+tab and esc does fix it as a word around yes, just more likely to cause an accident :P

8 hours ago, Silvrav said:

HI All

So I have been experiencing the following in ETS2/ATS and it only occurs in MP.

If I am accelerating and then enter the chat window (Y) or shit+tab to go into the steam overlay and then back into the game my throttle key (W) doesn't work.

To fix it I either have to completely stop, brake repeatedly or sometimes going back in and out of the steam overlay, it will work again.

I have had it once as well where the throttle got stuck and I had to switch off the truck to avoid an accident.

Maybe related or not but I also then have a desync of sound, ie I don't hear my exhaust brake or engine revving when pressing the corresponding key.

Any ideas?

Again, in SP all is well.

*have submitted a ticket as well

I haven't had this issue yet, however I use the arrow keys as driver, brake, and steer. So my guess is it could be just the w key being your drive key. 

Hello,

Have you tried to disable the sticky keys? If your answer is "No", please follow this steps:

1. From the computer settings, select "Keyboard".
  2. Under the "Use sticky keys" heading, make the settings you want.

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Greetings.

I believe I know the problem you are refering to. Before I set up my wheel, I played TMP using keyboard. Rarely, I would make the mistake of holding either A or D (to turn the truck left or right) and pressing Y at the same time in an attempt to chat while driving. This would cause the direction key I was holding to become unresponsive and stay stuck. As a result, my truck would either tip over or hit a road barrier. I don't believe there is a fix for this, however, to regain back control of the key, you need to repeatedly press said key until it is no longer locked. In your case, everytime the W key is locked, repeatedly tap it and you should regain control once more.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

v1.png 

14 hours ago, AdaBey said:

Hello,

Have you tried to disable the sticky keys? If your answer is "No", please follow this steps:

1. From the computer settings, select "Keyboard".
  2. Under the "Use sticky keys" heading, make the settings you want.

Best regards.

Yip, stickies are disabled 

13 hours ago, Baratako said:

Greetings.

I believe I know the problem you are refering to. Before I set up my wheel, I played TMP using keyboard. Rarely, I would make the mistake of holding either A or D (to turn the truck left or right) and pressing Y at the same time in an attempt to chat while driving. This would cause the direction key I was holding to become unresponsive and stay stuck. As a result, my truck would either tip over or hit a road barrier. I don't believe there is a fix for this, however, to regain back control of the key, you need to repeatedly press said key until it is no longer locked. In your case, everytime the W key is locked, repeatedly tap it and you should regain control once more.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

So far this seems to be the only 100% workable solution :)

9 hours ago, MrCipr said:

Hi @Silvrav,

a couple of great answers have been given, and I would like to know if they helped in answering your question.

Best regards.

MrCipr

TruckersMP Support

Solved for now but do believe it remains a bug as it only happens in MP

thanks all