Connection Problem?

bonafide

Question

11 answers to this question

Hello :)

It seems you meet freezing game when play

Try these to solve this problem

1. Try turning your router off for 1 minute and then turning it back on and see if you still have connection problems

2. Try clearing your DNS cache, follow this link for the guide https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

3. Try changing your DNS to Google's one and see if that has any effect https://www.techworm.net/2016/08/change-default-dns-google-dns-fast-internet-speeds.html

4. Try re-setting your win-sock cache 

step 1: click on windows search program and type "cmd" enter (run cmd as an admin, right click run as admin)

step 2: once you're in, type "netsh winsock reset catalog" enter

step 3: type "netsh int ip reset.log hit" enter

step 4: restart your computer

Reset your network adapter, firewall and DHCP.

This page will guide you through what you need to do and explains for different Windows operating systems as you scroll down. 

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653

You type 

·         netsh int ip reset reset.txt

·         netsh winsock reset

·         netsh advfirewall reset

into a command prompt window

12 minutes ago, Trucking French said:

Hello,

Have you had the answer to your problem

Cdt, Trucking French

Not yet, but something tells me it's firewall related on the router side.

10 minutes ago, HelmeS said:

Hello,

After connected to the server's this maybe happening because of your Internet Service.
If you having this problem in other games too you should change your Internet Service.

Best Regards,

Other games don't seem to be affected.

Hello,

"Start by restarting your router. If this doesn't help make sure you have all other connected devices to your network disconnected and try to play with cable if you are over Wi-Fi. If you keep having connection problems try to open the specific ports: 42860, 49200, 42890. Also set Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 "

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Hello, check steps:

• If you are using Win 7 make sure you have Service Pack installed.
  • Try to run the TruckersMP as administrator.
  • If you are using any mods turn them off
  • Make sure you put correct path when you install the TruckersMP - default path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\
  • Turn off antivirus 
  • Turn off firewall
  • In additon this video will be useful
  • Also you can get support here by creating a ticket 

With all respect.

Hello, bonafide :)

I had experienced the same thing just like you, and the cause of that problem was unexpected failure of CPU's overclocking.

If you have overclocked your CPU, why don't you try to reset that?

or if you have anything overclocked, why don't you try to reset them all, one by one?

I think this could be helpful to solve this issue if some of your devices have already been overclocked.

I hope your problem gonna be solved as soon as possible.

Thank you. 

7 hours ago, HelmeS said:

Maybe you should call your Internet Service's "Customer Service" and speak with team about this. 

It's definitely this, unfortunately most i can do is tell my aunt about it since I'm not playing at home.

5 hours ago, AdaBey said:

Hello,

"Start by restarting your router. If this doesn't help make sure you have all other connected devices to your network disconnected and try to play with cable if you are over Wi-Fi. If you keep having connection problems try to open the specific ports: 42860, 49200, 42890. Also set Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 "

Best regards.

I tried this.

3 hours ago, Lucy* said:

Hello, bonafide :)

If you have overclocked your CPU, why don't you try to reset that?

Thank you. 

My PC isn't overclocked :(

4 hours ago, Gainer said:

Hello, check steps:

• If you are using Win 7 make sure you have Service Pack installed.
  • Try to run the TruckersMP as administrator.
  • If you are using any mods turn them off
  • Make sure you put correct path when you install the TruckersMP - default path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\
  • Turn off antivirus 
  • Turn off firewall
  • In additon this video will be useful
  • Also you can get support here by creating a ticket 

With all respect.

Windows 10, it's always ran as admin, i have no mods, not even the "client side ones" i see a lot of people using in videos. The download path for my steam games are on a different path but i don't think that's the problem since this seems to be a issue with their new internet. Turned both off.

5 hours ago, iFlufy said:

Responses were provided.

Now,your problem has been solved ?
Let me know

Yes, thanks everyone for your responses, I think it's the internet blocking the connection because I always have high ping, Don't know why truckersmp is always the only multiplayer thing i play that is affected.

3 minutes ago, bonafide said:

Yes, thanks everyone for your response

Problem/Question is solved ! Thank you for participating.

//Locked and moved to solved