Speed Limit Aftermath and Scania R730

Random_Truck_Driver

@MrSirViking I tend to agree with you. I might wasn't clear enough, I wanted to say before speed limiter was enforced, main cause of the accidents were scouts drivers.

Driving from point A to point B is simple as that, to go from A to B. Some people enjoy doing it 90km/h some not, it is not a matter of importance how you are doing it as long as you have fun playing game.

I know, you will tell me it is a sim game, and for that reason we have EU1 which is sadly empty most of the time.

I personally deliver just one cargo per game session, usually 5000+ km long delivery, thus I tend to drive faster when road is clear, and I can assure you that there are so many empty roads in the game. I was in every corner of the continent. The only mess is on that small part of the map, the notorious C-D road.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, MrG721 said:

The only mess is on that small part of the map, the notorious C-D road.

No i dont agree on that. Yes the biggest mess is the C-D Road. But the middle of germany, from denmark down to Switzerland and all that, is a pretty big mess too with people going 150 km/h when the road often narrows down to one lane at the highway turn off's. I see lots of ba stuff happen on those roads too :)

I have no idea about Scania. But I think the speed limit is good.A good speed of 150 is already more than 150 trucks. Maybe limit 200 for vehicles.

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

On 8/12/2018 at 2:22 AM, Silver Strikyn said:

^

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but all servers have a global speed limiter of 150km/h (80km/h in a city), with the exception of EU1 which has a global speed limiter of 90km/h

In my opinion, the speed limiter is doing a good job. However, what I think needs to be done is that the notoriously busy areas (like C-D for example) should have the speed limiter lowered even more (around 120km/h) as 150km/h is still an extremely dangerous speed and could easily cause a crash. Same applies to the notoriously busy cities, they should also have a lower speed limiter.

Hmmm I might just not have noticed it because I usually don't go beyond 90MPH. That's generally what I set my cruise control to when I'm traveling without a load. Then with a load I usually do 75 or 80 outside of cities.

I don't really see those speeds as dangerous. It is the other drivers that might make it dangerous, but how safe or dangerous it is to overtake them... well that's in your own hands, as it should be. I'm generally pretty careful whenever I'm coming up on traffic, usually I try to only overtake at +5MPH or so... but it doesn't bother me much if other people aren't. Usually people go crashing around me instead of into me, as I'm safely avoiding them. If they don't look safe (judging by their driving style as I am behind them), I don't try overtaking them. If I see someone coming up on me I move half way into the shoulder and signal them by. I don't see why there needs to be much forced babysitting. We have the reporting system and assuming enough people are hired for the job, that should be good enough to catch the super reckless drivers. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

But there are still lots of people who has trucks that are save edited like crazy and pull 0 ton trailers around that cause bigger crashes.

The towns seem to be speed limited even if you have the limiter turned off which is a great feature as it prevents more accidents like say in Calais or Duisburg where traffic density is high. 

Trucks are the much more popular choice due to their size and strength and I think 150kmh is a decent speed.

On 7/29/2018 at 10:33 PM, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I have two questions regarding the game. 

First, why i can no longer find the Scania R730 in the truck dealers. All i find is the Scania S730 and please don't tell me it's the same, cause it's not.

Secondly, can someone tell us if the implementation of the speed limit has been successfull in reducing the accidents happening? Cause so far it has ruined the long distance journeys and the highway experience. In my routes i try to eliminate the highway driving as much as possible cause it's so boring. At least if it's been successfull in reducing the accidents, there will be something positive out of it. 

Lowering speed limit to avoid accidents is a proven concept. Also it should make a lot of sense. The time frame for reacting on a situation becomes bigger and the braking distance becomes a lot shorter.

Also this is a truck sim. And trucks drive 80kph. 90kph in some countries like France. Anything above that is realism breaking. I suggest you try a racing game if this game bores you.

55 minutes ago, Evillian said:

Lowering speed limit to avoid accidents is a proven concept. Also it should make a lot of sense. The time frame for reacting on a situation becomes bigger and the braking distance becomes a lot shorter.

Also this is a truck sim. And trucks drive 80kph. 90kph in some countries like France. Anything above that is realism breaking. I suggest you try a racing game if this game bores you.

Couldn't agree more with this. This is not a game as such, it's a simulator. If I could have it my way all servers would be limited to 90 like they used to be. Too many people now are driving like absolute baboons and no one seems to play it like a simulator anymore.

#MakeTMPGreatAgain :lol:

57 minutes ago, [VIVA] Renegade said:

Couldn't agree more with this. This is not a game as such, it's a simulator. If I could have it my way all servers would be limited to 90 like they used to be. Too many people now are driving like absolute baboons and no one seems to play it like a simulator anymore.

#MakeTMPGreatAgain :lol:

It's a shame it seems TruckersMP doesn't aim to be in the simulation genre while the core game is a simulation game.

For sure they will lose players if they bring the limit back to 90kph but they would only lose the trolls. And i thought losing them is the mission anyway? :-)

6 hours ago, MrG721 said:

I just can't understand all this complain about speed and stuff, wishes and desires about making game more sim like, but ignoring EU1 server which is exactly server with the settings what they want. Amazing. People move to EU1 don't hesitate, spare yourself of trolls.

I think that players with the ambition of a realistic driving experience do not ignore the EU#1 server per se.
It is rather that a realistic driving experience has also to consider other road traffic participants, of which most can be found on the EU#2 server.

However, I wonder why players that prefer to drive at excessive speeds complain about the reduction of the maximum speed limit on the EU#2 server instead of driving on the EU#4 server, where no speed limiter is applied and they can drive as fast as they want.
One could conclude that their main goal is to endanger other players and cause mayhem...

38 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

However, I wonder why players that prefer to drive at excessive speeds complain about the reduction of the maximum speed limit on the EU#2 server instead of driving on the EU#4 server, where no speed limiter is applied and they can drive as fast as they want.
One could conclude that their main goal is to endanger other players and cause mayhem...

Can I ask you same question?

Why players that prefer slower speed complain on players that prefer higher speed while driving on server where higher speed is allowed and as a bonus there is a given server for them to enjoy in slower speed?

Community of players that prefer to drive 90km/h should promote EU1, and if 50% of these players move from EU2 to EU1 it is a win win situation.

Why would you bother with players that prefer higher speed and demand speed reduction across all servers?

It's even more logical to moderate simulation server aka EU1 where traffic rules are more respected than server where simulation obliviously is not that good implemented, people come to EU2 to steam off after job etc, we are escaping from everyday reality to hang on with friends.

I don't have a word for you, if you feel endangered in the video game...

Seriously start promoting EU1, invite friends there, make it more popular and over it with trolls/high speeders etc...

19 minutes ago, MrG721 said:

Can I ask you same question?

Why players that prefer slower speed complain on players that prefer higher speed while driving on server where higher speed is allowed and as a bonus there is a given server for them to enjoy in slower speed?

Community of players that prefer to drive 90km/h should promote EU1, and if 50% of these players move from EU2 to EU1 it is a win win situation.

Why would you bother with players that prefer higher speed and demand speed reduction across all Servers?

I can not speak for players that prefer to drive at "slower speeds", as the term needs to be defined more precisely. Slower as what?

I for one prefer to drive at a speed that I regard as safe, considering the truck and cargo, weather- and road conditions, my driving capabilities and the traffic Situation, but never above the locally allowed speed limits (sometimes even slower!).

So as far as I am concerned, one should be allowed to drive as fast as it is safe for everyone.
Apparently, driving a truck at an excessive speed of more than 150kph was regarded to be as not safe by the TruckersMP team, who consequently reduced the maximum allowed speed limit to encounter a raising number of accidents. I guess you can not outsmart physics, can you? ;)

To answer you question, I mainly drive on the EU#2 server because the amount of players better match my idea of realistic and accurate road traffic.

Your so called "bonus" is also available for players that prefer to drive at "higher speeds" and is called EU#4.

Nevertheless, the majority of both parties are found on EU#2. Why is that? Love-hate?

I guess we have to learn to accept that every player is entitled to play on the server of his/ her choice. With all possible consequences that it might bear.

1 hour ago, MrG721 said:

I don't have word for you, if you feel endangered in the video game...

No offense, but you seem to have missunderstood what I was trying to say. It was my clumsy attempt to refer to the players vehicle and cargo. 

45 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I guess we have to learn to accept that every player is entitled to play on the server of his/ her choice. With all possible consequences that it might bear.

Exactly.

So get to my point from first post, why do people then complain? If a player choose to play on EU2 then it should be fully aware that this server might not provide expected experience, everybody knows that crashes/incidents happens on EU2 very frequently.

So please people (not talking to you personally) if you can't cope with EU2, just avoid it. That is why are there EU1, EU3, EU4

Your so called "bonus" is also available for players that prefer to drive at "higher speeds" and is called EU#4.

Nevertheless, the majority of both parties are found on EU#2. Why is that? Love-hate?

I call it a bonus because all people that complain constantly mention things like "it is unsafe", "this is a simulation game", "trolls" and things like that, it's like their mantra to demand whatever they want.

EU1 = server, created to provide simulation experience as much as possible limited to 90km/h (simulation game mantra)

EU4 = no collision aka the safest server of all, only player can do damage to himself by bad driving (it is unsafe mantra)

EU3 = no cars, possibility of excluding trolls, still good speed (trolls mantra)

They don't go there, they are allowed to discard these options even if suits them better, so they go straight to EU2 and complain, and abuse reporting system, and I have to say that I was the victim of the reporting system, someone had a bad day and reported me for just being near the accident, Game Mod reacted too quickly and gave me 3 days ban, which was deleted from my account after was revisited by upper staff and labeled as mistake.

We love EU2 the way it is, we love to have cars, collision on, no speed limit. The thrill you might have by following all speed limits is not working on all players, some players are thrilled by having full control over vehicle at higher speed, managing fast urgent long distance deliveries without damage and so on... Both sides can achieve something on some of the offered servers, but there are more options for people who prefer sim like game (EU1), super safe game (EU4) or something in between (EU3)

For others including me, the best choice is EU2. I don't have problem with trolls, bad drivers, beginners, kids and so on, I have more problem with reporting system abusers which are mostly players that drive slower and get hot even on slightest contact. 

I know that intentions are good with those speed restrictions, e.g. city area 80kph, but I don't find them useful, just annoying. First, the city restriction extends to highways on numerous locations. Second, the max speed of 150kph doesn't prevent that many accidents to be useful. If you haul any cargo, you most likely cannot drive faster than 160kph and probably slower because of curves etc. So why not just remove the speed cap?

On 31.07.2018 at 2:34 AM, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

Wait what? Has SCS removed trucks from the dealers??? I've been away so have not been in game for over a week

The speed limit has decreased accidents as you no longer have cars going around at 200km/h, I have noticed a drop in those types of crashes

I agree with you mate  :check: 

Where is the realism by driving a truck faster than a car. I think its completly unrealistic to drive a truck with that high speed. OK there are a lot of players who can drive fast and safe and so have more fun but 150km/h is absolutley OK.
I´m happy with the "limiter" also because the car is not easy to handle in higher speeds. Espiacally not without a driving wheel.

6 hours ago, >ILG< Rene Sneipa said:

I think its completly unrealistic to drive a truck with that high speed.

I had chance to hit 2 office clerks standing on the road, they have survived impact without scratch and my truck received 50% damage, completely realistic.
https://postimg.cc/image/cqycycic1/

The other day I have tested pay toll ramps strength, I should be able to broke trough them, boy I was wrong, these are made out of titanium and supported by reinforced concrete 100% truck damage, completely realistic.

I was in the mine on like 20% downhill road and stopped, placed in neutral without parking brake my truck didn't move, looks like my truck has some magnets in the wheels preventing free rolling, completely realistic.

Rain, snow doesn't have effect on vehicle beside being pure cosmetics.

There are many more unrealistic things in the game, going faster is not a big deal.

Poor physics implementation is the weakest point of ETS2

15 hours ago, >ILG< Rene Sneipa said:

Where is the realism by driving a truck faster than a car. I think its completly unrealistic to drive a truck with that high speed. OK there are a lot of players who can drive fast and safe and so have more fun but 150km/h is absolutley OK.
I´m happy with the "limiter" also because the car is not easy to handle in higher speeds. Espiacally not without a driving wheel.

At least they could remove the 80kph restriction on cities since it most of the time extends on highways.

Archived