Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Speed Limit Aftermath and Scania R730

Random_Truck_Driver

I have two questions regarding the game. 

First, why i can no longer find the Scania R730 in the truck dealers. All i find is the Scania S730 and please don't tell me it's the same, cause it's not.

Secondly, can someone tell us if the implementation of the speed limit has been successfull in reducing the accidents happening? Cause so far it has ruined the long distance journeys and the highway experience. In my routes i try to eliminate the highway driving as much as possible cause it's so boring. At least if it's been successfull in reducing the accidents, there will be something positive out of it. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, about the R730, i dont know why us cant find it anymore on Dealers, and about the speed limit, i think 150km/h is good for highways experience, look at the logic, here is simulator game, not a truck race, and i think 150km/h is good for multiplayer, even with that max speed occurs some accidents, and i think if remove it, the server will become a truck race and will give a bad experience on the simulation spec.

Kind Regards, 

Maycon.

45 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

First, why i can no longer find the Scania R730 in the truck dealers. All i find is the Scania S730 and please don't tell me it's the same, cause it's not.

Hello,

You can buy Scania R650 and then do upgrade engine to 730 version.

Or create a custom configuration immediately.

595.jpg?_1701015703

56 minutes ago, Maycon Phillip said:

Well, about the R730, i dont know why us cant find it anymore on Dealers, and about the speed limit, i think 150km/h is good for highways experience, look at the logic, here is simulator game, not a truck race, and i think 150km/h is good for multiplayer, even with that max speed occurs some accidents, and i think if remove it, the server will become a truck race and will give a bad experience on the simulation spec.

Kind Regards, 

Maycon.

For me getting on the highway with 150 km/h speed limit is boring. The truck is 99% of the time steady at that speed (besides some hard turns) and it feels that the truck has much more to give but the game doesn't allow it. Accidents happen all the time but ever since they implemented the fix command everything is better. 

59 minutes ago, Vergyz said:

Hello,

You can buy Scania R650 and then do upgrade engine to 730 version.

Or create a custom configuration immediately.

Yeah thanks that worked.

28 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

For me getting on the highway with 150 km/h speed limit is boring. The truck is 99% of the time steady at that speed (besides some hard turns) and it feels that the truck has much more to give but the game doesn't allow it. Accidents happen all the time but ever since they implemented the fix command everything is better. 

Yeah thanks that worked.

Well, i dont think that command is good, when you have the services on the game to do repairs on truck, that command broke some part of the reality, and of course, the truck have much more to give, but that speed limit is okay for now on the simulator spec of multiplayer.

Kind Regards,

Maycon.

150 Is still too fast. Too many people approach junctions at full speed in heavy traffic; which either results in people not being able to cross or merge, or in accidents. And too many of those speeding dimwits prefer to let an accident happen so they can yell "REC BAN", over using their brakes and showing a little patience. So no, I don't think the number of accidents have significantly been reduced. For that we need to also reduce the number of people with no regard for other road users.

5 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I have two questions regarding the game. 

Its the same on SP, SCS obviously removed them from the dealer but kept the engines in the list....I would imagine its to keep the dealers up to date! I would imagine they will drop the Classic FH16 750, Magnum 520, Stralis 560, Old Actros with 598hp & the MAN TGX 680 V8 at some point too as they are all old models! 

21 hours ago, Haulvoc said:

150 Is still too fast. Too many people approach junctions at full speed in heavy traffic; which either results in people not being able to cross or merge, or in accidents. And too many of those speeding dimwits prefer to let an accident happen so they can yell "REC BAN", over using their brakes and showing a little patience. So no, I don't think the number of accidents have significantly been reduced. For that we need to also reduce the number of people with no regard for other road users.

Even if the limit was 50 km/h people would still do that. And since the playerbase is increasing rather than decreasing i don't see it happening anytime soon. 

As the first problem you can verify the game files and get any R model from any scania gallery

In the speed limit, it is certain that the accidents are mainly on double-lane roads (eg duisburg calais), not on long journeys. As the speed increases, the speed of overtaking increases and this is the cause of the accident.

Best regards.

.banshee

But why did you buy this game if you dont like the speed limit? In the original game the speed limit was 90km/h But then SCS added an ingame option to remove that so you diddent have to edit files for it. And if you take WOT jobs its still 90km/h. I think its nice that people cant drive like speed freaks. :) It helps with the simulation and the accidents :)

About the truck? Thats a good question. I am not sure if i have the r730 in mine. Havent looked. But i wouldent think SCS would remove it. So try a verification of your game files in steam. Other than that you could do as someone else explained by buying a lower R model and modifying it to your liking.

I can not reply about the first question, because I have no interest in the Scania trucks, but the second question.

I think the "speed limit" is quite influential because it works well in high population areas such as C-D.

The speed limit could make your play so boring, but I think it is indispensable for your and our safety.

Just remember that ETS2 is not a violent racing game, but a peaceful truck simulator. :D

Firstly, the 150km/h is good and bad, imo.

Skodas that drive around holding 'W', will crash going around a corner, whether they are going 150 or 200.

Also, for someone like me, the 150 km/h is bad, as I always drive fast but safe, slowing down where necessary. Driving around holding 'W' is boring, going 150 km/h or reaching 170 km/h.

For amateur drivers however, I believe it is good.

The Scania R730 is still available in Scania truck dealers around the map. Both the new R and the old 2012 R is still in the game. You just need to build it to the R730. For example, you choose the base R or 2012 R and then put the 730 HP engine into it and you will have an R730. and regarding the new server-wide speed limiter, I feel like its a positive as it makes it easier to catch speed hackers but not really effective in limiting accidents as 150 KPH is still very fast and on the road where most accidents happen - the Calais - Duisburg Road - 150 kph is still too fast. Also like you have said, it also does ruin the highway experience as your now limited to 150 kph. 

Is there a non-speed limit server? I haven't played in a couple of months. However I don't want to play multiplayer if I'm forced to a speed limit at all times. SOME of us can actually drive safely without wrecking others while speeding. There should always be a server where this is an option. Otherwise it's a failure in my book. We already have to go the speed limit for the "online" hauls anyway. Taking options away completely is never a good move. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

^

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but all servers have a global speed limiter of 150km/h (80km/h in a city), with the exception of EU1 which has a global speed limiter of 90km/h

In my opinion, the speed limiter is doing a good job. However, what I think needs to be done is that the notoriously busy areas (like C-D for example) should have the speed limiter lowered even more (around 120km/h) as 150km/h is still an extremely dangerous speed and could easily cause a crash. Same applies to the notoriously busy cities, they should also have a lower speed limiter.

On 7/31/2018 at 4:35 PM, MrSirViking said:

But why did you buy this game if you dont like the speed limit? In the original game the speed limit was 90km/h But then SCS added an ingame option to remove that so you diddent have to edit files for it. And if you take WOT jobs its still 90km/h. I think its nice that people cant drive like speed freaks. :) It helps with the simulation and the accidents :)

Developers probably saw an opportunity to boost game sales so they removed speed limit.

Someone from the PR noticed that not all people prefer 90km/h, a huge chunk of the market prefer higher speed -> add option to disable speed limit = easy money.

There is a server with 90km/h speed limit, enjoy simulation there but problem is... server is running empty most of the time. Ask yourself why.

On the other hand players who prefer higher speed and want to pull full potential from their trucks are limited.

We are left without option of having a server that has no speed limit.

And by the way we are not speed freaks, we haul long distances and use max speed whenever it's possible and safe to use.

Blame irresponsible scout car drivers and piece of the map called C-D for 99% accidents before global speed limiter was enforced.

I do believe that accidents are still happening on that piece of the map at the rate of 95%

Limiting scout cars to 150km/h would probably solve most of the problem. Leave trucks as they were.

13 hours ago, MrG721 said:

Developers probably saw an opportunity to boost game sales so they removed speed limit.

Someone from the PR noticed that not all people prefer 90km/h, a huge chunk of the market prefer higher speed -> add option to disable speed limit = easy money.

There is a server with 90km/h speed limit, enjoy simulation there but problem is... server is running empty most of the time. Ask yourself why.

On the other hand players who prefer higher speed and want to pull full potential from their trucks are limited.

We are left without option of having a server that has no speed limit.

And by the way we are not speed freaks, we haul long distances and use max speed whenever it's possible and safe to use.

Blame irresponsible scout car drivers and piece of the map called C-D for 99% accidents before global speed limiter was enforced.

I do believe that accidents are still happening on that piece of the map at the rate of 95%

Limiting scout cars to 150km/h would probably solve most of the problem. Leave trucks as they were.

Funny enough, the last 10 trolls and rams i have had was trucks going 150km/h not cars. Everyone says the cars are the problem, but its not true. I cant remember the last time i was hit by a car outside CD Road. Its always trucks.  And what is the point of doing 150km/h? Its a simulator driving game. The whole point is driving from one place to another with cargo. Why do you want to do that fast? When you are done with one job you are just gonna do another anyway. So why is it so important to do it quick? I just dont understand it.

Archived