New command "/mute"

wpx_

6 hours ago, JimmyPalmer said:

it would be necessary to stop to mutate a player, one can not do it while rolling.

Not necessarily, many players can type whilst driving. 

As for your other point, you'd still have to pull over to find the user in the tab menu, so still, even if you have to pull over, this command would make things easier in highly populated areas. 

On 8/18/2018 at 10:38 PM, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

+1  this will help with overpopulated areas but in my opinion i think its easier to  mute someone on the tab. 

It would only be easier and you'd be less prone to accidents for typing whiling driving if the list would be sortable - by ID, by name, by company name etc. And right now it's not.

steam.php?id=vargurr&pngimg=gordon2&tbor

+1 Very good idea. The keyboard players won't really enjoy this but I feel like there are more problems with the tab. You could still have it both?

Keyboard user can use the tab option aswhere controler users will be able to use the chat easily. It's all about still enjoying the game while muting someone annoying. The reason this should be implemented is to improve the game experience and not waste time due to someone annoying.

13 hours ago, Computerpro said:

Not necessarily, many players can type whilst driving. 

As for your other point, you'd still have to pull over to find the user in the tab menu, so still, even if you have to pull over, this command would make things easier in highly populated areas. 

I agree with you when you have a steering wheel but when you play the keyboard or the joystick it's more complicated

11 minutes ago, JimmyPalmer said:

I agree with you when you have a steering wheel but when you play the keyboard or the joystick it's more complicated

I totally understand it's much harder with keyboard/joystick. However, if you are in a highly populated area such as CD, many players will be displayed in the Tab  menu and as such, it's quite hard to find a given user who is potentially breaking some kind of rule through the use of CB. Even if you have to pull over, it's still much easier to type the command as oppose to messing around with the tab menu for ages finding the user. 

12 hours ago, Vargur said:

It would only be easier and you'd be less prone to accidents for typing whiling driving if the list would be sortable - by ID, by name, by company name etc. And right now it's not.

I do think that's a good idea. Maybe sorting the tab menu by ID? Would work well.

• Thanks 1

It would be way easier to look at the person that is honking, and see, hey that person's in-game id is 235. The you do something like /mute 235 and you are done. Instead of, like other people have mentioned, scrolling down the list of people to find that one guy.

I think it could be quite useful, for people who play the game alot, and want a quick way to mute someone.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

way not just add something in the players near you list next to the players name  so a player can just open the players near you find the name & just click on the mute & the player gets muted no need for any commands 

I think such command (with the adequate counterpart /unmute) would be a good addition as it would simplify and make faster the process of muting a certain player. Extremely helpful for whoever has low fps, in densely populated areas, as it can be quite a pain moving your mouse during low fps and especially finding the right player. I also think both functions should be kept in-game, leaving the player the choice between a user-friendly option and an advanced one.

WJmVjFt.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...