FPS/Lag Issue [ETS2/ATS]

Omor Sadi

These are the steps you can follow to improve your FPS and Lag Issues In-Game:

1) Validate your game files from Steam

• Right-click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 from Steam
  • Select Properties
  • Click on the LOCAL FILES tab
  • Click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE
  • Press CLOSE once the validation process is finished. You will be told whether any files had to be reacquired or not.

2) Update Graphics Driver

• Nvidia users: Nvidia Drivers [www.geforce.com] Click on Auto detect your GPU
  • AMD users: AMD Drivers [support.amd.com] Click Download Now where it says Automatically detect and install
  • Intel HD users: Intel Drivers [www.intel.com]

3) Delete programs you never use

It's a good idea to uninstall all the programs you don't plan to use. This should include both manufacturer-installed software and software you installed yourself but don't want any more—especially utility programs designed to help manage and tune your computer's hardware and software. Utility programs such as virus scanners, disk cleaners, and backup tools often run automatically at startup, quietly chugging along in the background where you can't see them. Many people have no idea they're even running.

4) Disabling startup programs and services

Many programs are designed to start automatically when Windows starts. Software manufacturers often set their programs to open in the background, where you can't see them running, so they'll open right away when you click their icons. That's helpful for programs you use a lot, but for programs you rarely or never use, this wastes precious memory and slows down the time it takes Windows to finish starting up.

• Right-click on your taskbar
  • Select Task Manager
  • Click on Start-up tab
  • Check what programs are listed. Windows will rate their Start-up impact for you
  • Right-click to disable unnecessary programs

Note: Avoid disabling important stuff like graphic or audio drivers. Programs such as Apple and Adobe products can typically be disabled without worry though.

5) Defragment your hard disk

Defragmenting sorts your files into a more intuitive order for mechanical hard drives so that the needle doesn’t have to jump around as much, which can reduce loading speeds. 
You should only do this if you are running Windows and your game off of traditional mechanical hard drives. If you are using an SSD, do not attempt to defragment it. Your loading performance will already be excellent and defragmenting will only reduce your drives lifespan to no benefit. 

Steps may vary slightly between different versions of Windows, but should be obvious.

• Go to Computer/This PC
  • Right-click on C:
  • Select Properties
  • Click on the Tools tab
  • Under Optimise and defragment drive press Optimise 
  • Select the appropriate drive and click on Optimise. (This may take a while but can be stopped and resumed freely.)

6) Power options

Open Windows start menu, search "Power Options" and press enter. Select "High Performance" power plan in the window that just opened.
If you are using laptop make sure it is plugged into power outlet, don't play on laptop's battery.

7) Check for viruses and spyware

If your PC is running slowly, it's possible that it's infected with a virus/spyware or Junk files. This is not as common as the other problems, but it's something to consider. Before you worry too much, check your PC using anti-spyware/antivirus programs and Junk cleaners

• Malwarebytes
  • CCleaner

[ Please, Comment if you have any other solutions that may help ]

-

I think this could be so helpful for someone who has bad or poor RAM/GPUs/CPUs etc...

1) Just log in to the MP server with your ID. 

2) Before clicking the "DRIVE" button, find the "Options" button.

3) Go to the "Graphics" section.

4) Find the "Grass density".

5) Then, adjust its option from "High" to "Low" or "Disabled".

0BB0A808FE7D714E57F19F0E4DC66A23DF18BD25

Thank you. :) 

For Intel Graphics there is no help. If you have Intel Graphics Card then you can't do anything (i know it because i have it). It's lagging for me even with lowest options!

DON'T USE INTEL GRAPHICS CARD FOR GAMING, I LEARNT A LESSON.

• 2 weeks later...

I am surprised that no one mentioned about the ping.

For Asian players, I have bad news for you. Your will suffer more lag than the European players. Because you have a higher ping than them.

If you don't have FPS issue but you are still lagging, that means your network problem. But why is it bad? Because you have no way to improve this. Its physical limitation.

The EU servers are hosted in Paris, the data you sent from your own location to Paris takes time to travel. That causes ping increase and you will suffer lag.

Yes, if you are living in Paris you've got luck.

---

P.S.: I don't understand anything above because I asked someone who knows computer very well and he answered me this.

• 2 weeks later...

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.

//Topic moved to Archives.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Archived