[ARCHIVED] What truck should I buy ? [GUIDE]

Hi, today I will tell you which truck is best to buy for beginners. :)

> This is totally based on my opinion and experience. Each and every truck is unique and best for different features, Try each and every truck in-game and you will know which one is best for you. 

[ Please, Comment which Truck is Best and Which one is Worse in your opinion. Don't forget to mention the reason ]

DAF 

• I like DAF because of their design.
  • This is best one for beginners
  • Same basic engine as scania (360HP)
  • Basic price is just 96K
  • I recommend the XF 105.

Mercedes-Benz

• If you have more than 100K than this is one of the best trucks in game 
  • I love side-skirts for 6x4 
  • Powerful engines
  • Best for towing
  • I recommend New Actros

Volvo

• Same as Mercedes expensive but good. 
  • Basic design
  • Perfect for heavy trailers
  • Most powerful engines [750hp]
  • FH16 is the best

MAN

• Good price, quality and design of vehicle
  • 320HP engine (Same as mercedes) under 100K 
  • The TGX is nice

Iveco

• This truck is cheapest in game 
  • Nice design
  • Basic power just 310HP
  • I recommend the Stralis

Renault

• I do not recommended it 
  • Poor quality & expensive 
  • 450 HP Engine sounds like 10HP
  • For the same (or lower) price you can buy Volvo, Man, Iveco, DAF or Mercedes-Benz
  • Slowest truck

Scania

• I love Scania trucks (best design)
  • Basic price 112K
  • Not recommended to new users (Expensive)
  • Powerful engine [730HP]
  • i recommend either the R 2012 or the new S series

_____

Hope this GUIDE will be helpful for you. :D

Please, Comment which Truck is Best and Which one is Worse in your opinion. Don't forget to mention the reason.

[ Please mention if Information is wrong ] 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

The best way for beginners in my opinion is to start with a Volvo. Its a very powerful truck for a cheap price. Yes, DAF and others are less expensive, but the adventage is you can use this truck until the end of the game.

A easy way is to take a credit. With a good truck its very easy to pay the monthly charges. 

Of course for a absolute beginner its better to learn the game while taking quick orders.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

When you are looking to buy a truck you have many options in ETS2. My personal preference is something with a lot of horse power because I do a lot of long distance drives. I also prefer Volvos because I like the dash on them. 

If you wanted to I recommend going into single player and saving your game before you buy the first truck. This allows you to test the trucks without losing money if you dont like them 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For me Renault and Iveco have the ugliest dash and interior design. Renault is ugly outside aswell. 

Volvo and scania have good engines and look beautiful. After them my prefference is DAF, Mercedes and MAN

With prices I would either start with XF or New Actross and for new recruited drivers I would pick cheapest Iveco.

Once you get some money and if you like to pull heavy cargo with Volvo you will forget that you have trailer attached behind you :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I see so many Scania and New Volvo..

Don't take me wrong, I do like them, they are nice trucks but, the fact is that they are just used because of theyr 730hp and 750hp. This isn't realistic. You don't see trucks over 550hp or however not every second. If SCS adds 800hp on Renault Trucks, this will be the only truck you will see on the roads.. ridiculous.

I prefer driving the Renault Premium 460hp, Volvo FH16 Classic 500hp, Mercedes New Actros 520. Trucks that you really don't see in game exept for New Actros. And, they are, for me, much better than other over seen trucks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Buying a truck is very user specific though I've only used Scania's and Volvo's due to their powerful engines and nice interiors. The Volvo's interior is decent though I prefer the Scania since you can have the nice hand stitched interior as well as it having the Mighty Griffin Tuning which applies inside and outside. Also DAF has their own tuning DLC though I haven't checked it out, if you are greatly into the asthetics of trucks DAF is also a good idea. Though I highly recommend that to everyone DO NOT BUY RENAULT THEY HAVE THE SMALLEST ENGINES IN THE GAME, sorry just had to rant ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I just love the Interior of the New Actros. This Truck is pretty awesome, power-wise and design-wise. 

Ive driven Scania 2012 and S 2018, DAF 105 and EURO6 and both of the Volvos for along Time. Every single Truck for atleast 70-100 Hours.

They are all awesome and you can make them all comfy in the Interieur. BUT the new Actros and the Scania S 2018 are my favs :)

• Like 1

Mercedes-Benz <3

1 hour ago, ZW3RGi said:

I just love the Interior of the New Actros. This Truck is pretty awesome, power-wise and design-wise. 

Ive driven Scania 2012 and S 2018, DAF 105 and EURO6 and both of the Volvos for along Time. Every single Truck for atleast 70-100 Hours.

They are all awesome and you can make them all comfy in the Interieur. BUT the new Actros and the Scania S 2018 are my favs :)

Hey man, whats the Scania S 2018 or whats the new Actros? Where do I find the years of a truck? I just see trucks on Youtube with the 2016 model

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AdrenalinVL said:

Hey man, whats the Scania S 2018 or whats the new Actros? Where do I find the years of a truck? I just see trucks on Youtube with the 2016 model

Hey, this is the "new" Actros http://truck-simulator.wikia.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_New_Actros. On this Website you can see where you will find any Trucks.

And this is the 2018 Scania S http://truck-simulator.wikia.com/wiki/Scania_S

• Like 1

Mercedes-Benz <3

• 3 weeks later...