Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

About the ban issuing

SkyMas7er23

Question

Hello,

I'm confused about one of the rules from the "ban issuing" section. I am talking about the information given for the 6th ban. "The 6th ban (...) undo. Any bans further than 12 months before the current ban are ignored under this rule. This is considered the cooling off period." (the bold text).

I'm not much sure what this should mean. I think it means that when I don't break the rules for 12 months (or more) from my last ban, the next one will not be respected, like if I have 2 bans and after 13 months (for example) get a new one, It won't be respected so actually I will still have 2 bans (and I will need 4 more for my account to be banned permanently). am I right?

I'm not sure for what does it mean, because the English is not my main language, so I'm not understanding it good sometimes.

5 answers to this question

Once a ban is over 12 months since it ended, it does not count towards your history and the dot next to it will change from green to yellow. It means if you get history bans (Such as 1 month for history due to 4 bans in the past year) these bans will not count towards history ban lengths. So if you have a ban that ended on 12th July 2018, it no longer counts towards your history after 12th July 2019.

However, history bans themselves do not come under this rule if you have 2 of the same length. For example, if you have 2 x 1 month for history bans that are older than 12 months, your next ban will be 3 months for history regardless of how old the 1 month long bans are.

Edited by heyhococo
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

What we mean with this rule is that, normally, when you for example receive your 6th ban within 12 months you will be permanently banned from our system. However if your very first ban was issued like 3 years ago, and you receive 5 bans within 1 year (which means you would have 6 in total) you would not be permanently banned, but for 3 months instead.

If you look on someone's profile and see if they have any bans, you might be able to see a little (mostly green) circle in front of the bans. This means they are either active bans, or they happened somewhere in the past 12 months. If you see a small yellow circle, it means the bans has been there longer than 12 months and thus is inactive.

• Thanks 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions