Removing Calais-Duisburg From The Map

Netrodo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25.07.2018 at 2:33 PM, Glada_Laxen said:

Just like how Bergen - Oslo used to be super heavily trafficked.

That was only because double trailers got released. Not everyone had Scandinavia DLC, so not as many people were trolling there. They very soon went back to the C-D Road. 

Anyways, the road is getting widened, but that doesn't mean it will be much better. When you leave Calais, it is two lanes, and there is always traffic there and a helpful Skoda Pilot there to block the road for you.

Deleting the road from Calais to Duisburg is a really bad idea if there was a choice because it is a critically important road as there will be players who are there for legitimate purposes that will be using it to get to the motorways over in Duisburg and Calais, especially as over in Duisburg you can go left at the junction if you are coming from Calais and you will be able to gain access to the motorway network that way and you can go up to Hamburg and beyond from there.

If Calais-Duisburg was deleted from the map, it would require awfully long detours for those who want to go north from Dover/Calais as they would be expected to re-route via EP which is quite a way round or go via the Ruhr area and given that the A45 and the Liege motorway is already very busy, this would just make the situation worse on those roads.

Wonderin', how many actually think about, "deleting" CD would be an option, resp. a solution. :huh: The CD route, as any other route, shouldnt be changed.

First of all, we're talking 4 servers, without counting the ATS-server.

There isnt some random dude with a gun in your room, who's forcing you to run EU2 and then as well driving on the "CD" the whole day.

You know what you get, when you drive there. Noone, who'S clearly minded and appreciates cargo-delivery without damage, would drive there. NEVER,EVER, dude.

The only folks , who are "suffering" trough the CD-road, are the game-mods, who've got to go trough tons of reports.

But at the same time, there are "options", to bypass that problem. There are several terms for a "proper" report. When you give in reports @ CD road, it doesnt matter if its get accepted or not, you will get a bad rating. 

The reason of the rating, got already explained.

I guess, publishing some of these terms, would relieve staff, but thats none of my business. Or maybe improve the report-rating, so people who give in CD-reports, will get "-1"  for every CD-report.

So at the end, you're not able to give in reports anymore.

Its ALWAYS the same thing, when you ask folks, who are mad about the CD-road. You ask 'em, why the hell they  keep on driving on this route, day in day out.

The typical answer is, that they "enjoy" being around other drivers. Sorry, but that bulls* . There are more than 30 roads, around 4 countries, which are FULL of drivers. Always 5- 10 drivers around you.

Just take a look @ ETS2RealtimeMap

Be honest and tell you're  enjoying the "thrill", man. The thrill, to circuit around trolls, idiots and noobs, and trying to avoid a crash. ;)  There's no shame in it. 

The CD route is more a mixture of "parkour" and traffic, than a driving simulation. I cant drive there with good conscience, anymore.

Have fun.

I don't go down the C-D road anymore cause the roads and how busy it can be i do have all the DLC Maps and i like to go down to France a lot :lol:

6 minutes ago, Photonic said:

Where's the proof that the C-D road is going to be rebuilt by SCS except for a vegetation update, then again only a small part of C-D road is in Germany.

Looking at the way they rebuild Italy before the Italy DLC, hopefully they make similar changes to Germany in their coming update. 

But the C-D road is not the issue, it's the players. 

SHeDTix.png

On 24.07.2018 at 01:55, Allan [Tango Tr Owner] said:

SCS güncellemesinde cd gerçek bir şey gibi genişletilecek, böylece trollerin oynamak için başka bir yer bulması gerekecek.

I think there's only asphalt change for this road.:thinking:

Archived