Removing Calais-Duisburg From The Map

Netrodo

12 hours ago, Ozmaster11 said:

Imagine a c-d route 2 lanes with everyone speeding and passing.

Pass on all that.

It already exists: the road coming from Calais to A16 highway and the small section of the mentioned highway between Calais road and the C-D road.

The first one is a mess due to the complex nature of the road (many decently sharp turns, no hard shoulder, intense traffic and an extremely dangerous intersection with the exit from A16 with all the traffic coming from C-D road trying to turn left into Calais). On the other hand, the A16 highway, being a pretty straight route at least in the section with the most traffic, is pretty calm. For every accident i've had or seen on A16 highway, there are 50 in the Calais entrance road.

A dual lane C-D road would make it a bit better because you wont have to worry about the incoming traffic (well there will be surely the usual <insert insult here> driving wrong way). But the biggest problem of C-D road is not the road itself, is the entrance to Calais which is overcrowded and you dont have any other option to leave Calais unless you take the ferry to Dover which is a route not everyone can use, for example if you are going to Calais from Montpellier you can't go via Europoort > Dover, you would waste a lot of time. Does not matter if you want to use the C-D road or not - if you want to go from/to Calais, using that road is almost mandatory so you have to either potentially take a long detour to your route or put yourself in a high risk of an accident.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss the old Europort traffic jams. It's fun to have a lot of traffic, the problem with C-D is simply the people who overtake. During peak hours there's no where that it's safe to over take there. I've been driving a J-Spec for awhile now, and when you don't have 700hp you get passed a lot and time and time again it causes accidents right next to me. But closing the route will not do anything, another road will become populated and that's where people will go. If you want to do a more serious trip then pick another route, I almost never get routed down that road without manually setting a waypoint.

I dont think TMP should edit the map. I know they add NCZ and all that but i really dont think they should go around editing and removing roads. If you dont like the road dont drive there. And let the people who want to be trolled go there. I for one never drive there if i can avoid it. And i always can so i never drive there. If the road was meant to be different SCS would have made it so. :)

Hello
Good time
Version 1.32, which has already released its beta release
There are certain changes
One of these changes is the ownership of the trailer, although these trailers do not have a good balance and cause the truck to be toppled on dangerous roads.
And that the editing of Germany is beautiful
And to play in this area has given a new sense
I hope that the Mantu TG X will be added to this version

With respect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24.7.2018 at 12:58 AM, JeffSFC said:

If more players would just play the game correctly, the excuse "I go to CD road to see other players" would be a moot point. People need to start being part of the solution, not the problem.

I can absolutely agree... I always try to populate other areas with my presence xD CD Road is a No-Go for me. Also I want to make profit for my VTC. CD Road is a bad place for that.

But Removing CD Road is like a funny joke. 

Hello!

My opinion here is that your friends like to drive with more people around them where its more fun! The fun itself doesn't come from the people around you, it comes from people ramming each other maybe you get rammed, your truck gets flipped, how everyone says "RECORDED" but they don't even take a screenshot. My point here is we should have more busy roads like Calais-Duisburg so people don't just drive there, also its more fun around other players not to drive on a highway where there is not a soul around you!

On 24.7.2018 at 12:42 AM, Doblo said:

Euro Truck Is Not All About Calais-Duisburg

That is true.

I Saw Them They Have All The Map DLC's But They Are Only Using Calais-Duisburg 

Exactly, simply because it's boring to drive alone and you rarely see somebody on the road when you drive somewhere else. It's fun if you drive with friends though.

Is There A Way To Delete Calais-Duisburg From The Map?

Even if there's a way, deleting the well known Calais-Duisburg road won't really change anything. The Problem is that everyone drives there as if it is a daily routine. You get used to the road once you drive there for like 100 or 200 hours and when you try to drive somewhere else, you get bored really quick. Lets just hope SCS changes the C-D road a little because the traffic jam is just too huge in prime times. Like 2 lanes for each direction would definitely help a bit.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

As this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised.

Thank you to everyone for your participation.

If you wish to get your topic unlocked, please contact me.

Regards,

Positivetrucking168

Community Moderator on the Forums

//Locked and Moved to Archive

Archived