Removing Calais-Duisburg From The Map

Netrodo

On 24-7-2018 at 12:42 AM, Doblo said:

Euro Truck Is Not All About Calais-Duisburg TruckersMP Players! I Saw Them They Have All The Map DLC's But They Are Only Using Calais-Duisburg =D.My Friends Also When They Got Logged On They Say "Lets Go To Duisburg!" Then I Say "Uhhh Again? Hell No I Am Going To Use My France DLC" Is There A Way To Delete Calais-Duisburg From The Map? I Want To Play With My Friends Please Help Me! LOL (A Joke Only ETS2 Players Will Understand... RIP) I Wıll Be Happy If You Show Your İdeas About What Do We Do If We Have This Problem. Fell Free To Comment :F

dear,

normally this won't make any sence,

first all those trollers drove around from rotterdam to euro port but they didn't removed that

maybe there should be other solutions for the c-d route

regards

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does not have any sense. To be honest, the current state of C-D road is almost good. Basically everyone who want chaos goes there, and the highways are left for those who want peace.

The only thing i think needs improvement is the entrance/exit to Calais. This road gets very overcrowded and it is a pretty dangerous highway which a couple of sharp turns which regularly cause accidents, which cause traffic jams, which cause accidents, and so on. Considering the roundabout at the entrance of Calais is pretty close to C-D road (you can actually see it in your GPS, at normal zoom, from the road), i think that, if possible, opening a short road going from that roundabout directly to C-D road would make it much better to enter/leave Calais:

U1lrkBC.jpg

That way, all the crowd of players who want to go to C-D road would use that road, and leave the default one with way less traffic. Players who dont want to enter C-D road would only need to take care of that roundabout. You could simply take the 'main' avenue of Calais, turn right and end of the problem, while all the crowd could just go straight.

Sure, it would be harder for people who wants to enter the city, but currently traffic coming from A16 has to do a very dangerous left turn against the heavy incoming traffic from Calais. In my opinion, a roundabout 'against the crowd' is much better.

On 7/31/2018 at 5:46 PM, Asyedan said:

It does not have any sense. To be honest, the current state of C-D road is almost good. Basically everyone who want chaos goes there, and the highways are left for those who want peace.

The only thing i think needs improvement is the entrance/exit to Calais. This road gets very overcrowded and it is a pretty dangerous highway which a couple of sharp turns which regularly cause accidents, which cause traffic jams, which cause accidents, and so on. Considering the roundabout at the entrance of Calais is pretty close to C-D road (you can actually see it in your GPS, at normal zoom, from the road), i think that, if possible, opening a short road going from that roundabout directly to C-D road would make it much better to enter/leave Calais:

U1lrkBC.jpg

That way, all the crowd of players who want to go to C-D road would use that road, and leave the default one with way less traffic. Players who dont want to enter C-D road would only need to take care of that roundabout. You could simply take the 'main' avenue of Calais, turn right and end of the problem, while all the crowd could just go straight.

Sure, it would be harder for people who wants to enter the city, but currently traffic coming from A16 has to do a very dangerous left turn against the heavy incoming traffic from Calais. In my opinion, a roundabout 'against the crowd' is much better.

As much as throwing ideas are good, and kudos to you for that. But that is a VERY BAD IDEA. I'm not sure if you know, but where that connects is a roundabout. People of TruckersMP do NOT know how to drive in roundabouts. :lol:

SHeDTix.png

I personally love crowded roads and I use c-d way. but it would be nice if the c-d path was expanded.

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

He road ,they find it more fun.
My opinion,hopefully scs will also make changes on that path,and for us it will be a more enjoyable road experience.:wub:

@Asyedan People that drive on the C-D road cannot really complain about their awful experience, just don't drive there. Also, there have been many hints that in the next update SCS will make the C-D road have 2 lanes each way, which would put less pressure on the road.

Just remember, people that drive there want to drive there. The GPS always tries to take you on another route, usually down by Liege, so by going on the C-D road, you are disobeying the GPS.

Well I mean, the two lanes each way may not fix the whole thing. For example, when you leave Calais there are two lanes and there is always traffic there, and on the entrance to the C-D road from the Calais side. Hopefully though, the widening of the road will fix most of the issues of the road

1. To make changes to the structure of the road does not really make any sense at all. If you make this part of the road wider, the traffic congestion section just go somewhere else. There are many options for this. There are many options for this, for example, those two routes that I showed on the map.

22839688_m.png

Are TruckersMP going to redo all regional roads on the map? You can redo a section of the road with a high density of traffic, but you can not change the players who like to play in a high traffic density. And these players will immediately find an alternative to C-D road.

2. Changes in the roads on the map in TruckersMP will also cause some inconvenience to the players. For example, if a player made a delivery to MP (multiplayer), and then decided to continue delivery to SP (single player), then at the entrance to the game there will be a message about the changes in the game world and the player will be moved to the garage without cargo. Result: the delivery can not be completed.

The same situation will occur when going from SP to MP.

On 08.08.2018 at 12:40 PM, Dziada said:

@Asyedan The GPS always tries to take you on another route, usually down by Liege, so by going on the C-D road, you are disobeying the GPS.

You are wrong about GPS. If you select "regional roads" or "shortest" in the GPS settings, then the route runs along the C-D road.

On 7/23/2018 at 4:55 PM, Allan [Tango Tr Owner] said:

in the SCS update the c-d is due to be widened like the real thing so the trollers will have to find somewhere else to play

Even with the road widened I don't think it will stop any of the trolls.  If anything I'd imagine it will make traffic worse during peak hours since you'll have more space available, you'll have more trolls trying to force their way through gaps.

Removing the C-D road wouldn't get us anywhere. It would just send everyone that prefers to drive there to another road and it would be overpopulated. Most people drive on the C-D road because there is lots of people in that area. The problem comes with rammers and people who decide to overtake on a very popular road. I would rather have something like Europoort show again, but I can only imagine how bad that would be with how many players we have now.

Archived