[ARCHIVED]How to enable 2fa on your account

This guide might be OUTDATED

Please refer to this Knowledge Base article instead: 

https://truckersmp.com/kb/16

Dear players :)

Privacy and safety of our team's and players accounts and information within all of TruckersMP is a very important thing to us. We want to make things as safe as possible. That's why we decided to implement a Two Factor Authentication a few weeks ago.

How to enable 2fa at truckersmp.com

1. Firstly, you need to open truckersmp.com and log in with your truckersmp account.
  2. Hover with your cursor over „Account“ at the top right corner and click on „Settings“. After that, click on „Account Settings“ at the right side of the window.

3. Thirdly, you will be redirected to the account settings where you can edit your account, delete it or enable/ manage the Two Factor Authentication

4. In the Two Factor Authentication menu, you will be able to see the button „Enable Two Factor Authentication“ as you can see in the following picture:  enable1.thumb.PNG.aa9068e87ad96e3b08329e104a56cb9b.PNG      Click on it.

5. You now have to open an authentication app, such as Authy or Google Authenticator to get started. You can then scan the QR code to add TruckersMP to your app.

6. Once you've done that, some backup codes will appear. Copyy or screenshot them! This is a very important step for future reference (in case you switch the phone, are not able to login, etc.).

7. Now you will see your code in the authentication app. Every time you want to log in on truckersmp.com, you just have to enter it there.

How to enable 2fa on the forum

1. Go to settings, account security
  2. Click "Enable" in the Google Authenticator section
  3. Open any 2fa app (Authy, Google Authenticator,...) and scan the QR Code
  4. Enter the scanned verification code from your app in the provided field
  5. Once you've entered the correct authorisation code your 2fa is set up and your security settings will look like this:

security1.PNG.64f4a0e4a730510b6edef7065d43ae57.PNG

Once you have applied the settings as shown above, the authentication should work without any issue. Please always remember your backup codes!

You've lost your codes and now don't have access anymore?

As already explained above, it's very important to remember the backup codes in case you don't have access to your phone, for example. We get many support tickets because of the same problem - users lost their backup codes and can't sign in anymore. Nevertheless, you will be able to login to your account again by creating a support ticket at truckersmp.com/support. Describe your problem and once a manager's there, your 2fa will get deactivated and you can set it up again. After you've done this step, you should definitely save the codes!  Now you should be able to login as usual again. 

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask :D 

Best regards,

NeonLeon

TruckersMP Team

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 12:32 AM, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

What does this actually do? Im very confused. :thinking:

Makes your account more secure, so instead of just entering a password, you've got to enter a code as well, which means in the rare occasion someone has gained access to your password, they won't actually be able to get on your account because they'd also need the code. 

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys! What can I do if I lose my backup code and can't get back in my account to turn 2FA off? I contacted TruckersMP support and I wait for response! Is there anything else I can do in order to unblock it except waiting for a reply?

Thanks anyway!

I also have the same problem and i cant log in and download the truckersmp mod any help would be appreciated Also it says that i need a token or in case i dont have the token iam going to need a backup code instead pls i need help cause i have searched everywhere to find a solution

39 minutes ago, Topouzakis said:

Hello guys! What can I do if I lose my backup code and can't get back in my account to turn 2FA off? I contacted TruckersMP support and I wait for response! Is there anything else I can do in order to unblock it except waiting for a reply?

Thanks anyway!

• 4 weeks later...

Think it is excellent that this has been implemented.

I have a query though; I cannot find the backup codes for the forum account? Are the backup codes on the web site account also to used with the forum? Just I have learnt to back these codes up in a secure place.

Thanks in advance :)

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

The backup codes just appear at the beginning, so just after you finished the authentication. So, if you didn't write it down, you won't be able to get them in the future. But if you would have problems with the authentification, you could still contact us via truckersmp.com/support and we could solve the problem in another way @pete_agreatguy ;) 

• Thanks 1

I'll turn it off on the forum and re-set it up :)

Certainly setting up the 2fa on the forum account doesn't provide backup codes :/

If I have issues with the forum account I'll just have to contact via support ticket.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

• 1 month later...
  • NeonLeon pinned and unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...