Lag / Stutter?

[Viva] LincALot

Question

Hello, I have been playing ETS 2 and ATS for a while now and Since I got my new computer I have been dealing with these annoying little lags/stutters. It has been 4 months and I am tired of dealing with them. I have searched for ages and have found no results.

Every 10 - 40 seconds I my game freezes for 1 sec then continues. I have set my graphics to ultra and then the lowest and it keeps happening. It happens on ETS 2 and ATS No other games do this.  

(New Profile, Starting Up A Thing With A Friend.)

Lag at the beginning when I pulled out with my truck was Fps and Because I just started my game. The freezing is what I want help with. (In the video I showed low graphics and high it still freezes.)

-- Thanks Linc

Hello :) 

Try these

1. Locate and Secure your Profiles, Copy them to a seperate Folder.

ATS: http://prntscr.com/f7ofiu

ETS: http://prntscr.com/f6bney

2. Then de-install ATS/ETS2 via Steam and de- install TruckersMP.

3. Restart your PC.

4. Then start searching for all old Folders of TruckersMP and ATS/ETS2 and Delete them. A RegCleaner Software will be helpfull. Sometimes there are "Dumb" Folders/Paths to ATS/ETS2, that were created by the TruckersMP Launcher. 

http://prntscr.com/hommq6 

http://prntscr.com/hommzm 

http://prntscr.com/homn7x

5. When u deleted all Folders, Restart ur PC Again.

6. Log In to Steam-->Rightclick on Steam--->Settings-->Download-->Steam Library Folders-->Add Library Folder---->Choose another Partition or Hdd and mark it as Default Library. 

http://prntscr.com/homntm 

http://prntscr.com/homozx

7. After that Procedure, Re- Install ATS/ETS2 via Steam into the new Library, make sure you installing this Version.

ETS: http://prntscr.com/f7nmne

ATS: http://prntscr.com/f85fz

important: Check TruckersMP for the actual Versions of the Game, they can be different!!

8. Start the Game in Single Player and check the Version. Create a new Profile, but do not Drive. Close the Game.

9. Search with Windows File Explorer the Path to the ETS/ATS Installation. Keep this Path in Mind.

After that, download the actual Version of TruckersMP, unpack it to a seperate Folder. Install it from this Folder as Administrator.

Make sure that you having the right Path to the Games when you Installing TruckersMP.

You have to check them manually, do not let the Launcher Auto searching for them.

10. After the Installation start the Launcher as Administrator and let him finishing his Downloads. Then start the Multiplayer. If you can Play, close the Game and insert your old Game Pofiles.

Hi Forum Member !

*Have you verified the game's files
*Make sure you use the highest level of graphics card in the game.
*Please Delete If You Are Using a Mode in Scs Games.
*The game may not be the same as the bit on the computer. /Set Computers Compatible Bits 64 and 32

Do You Check the Instructions I Have Written?

1 hour ago, LincALotGaming said:

Hello, I have been playing ETS 2 and ATS for a while now and Since I got my new computer I have been dealing with these annoying little lags/stutters. It has been 4 months and I am tired of dealing with them. I have searched for ages and have found no results.

Every 10 - 40 seconds I my game freezes for 1 sec then continues. I have set my graphics to ultra and then the lowest and it keeps happening. It happens on ETS 2 and ATS No other games do this.  

(New Profile, Starting Up A Thing With A Friend.)

Lag at the beginning when I pulled out with my truck was Fps and Because I just started my game. The freezing is what I want help with. (In the video I showed low graphics and high it still freezes.)

If the performance of your computer is low, there is nothing to be done. If your computer is good, the answers shown at the top will help us. If you have tried some steps and you did not get results, please format your system settings.

In the past days I broke the settings of my computer and got the number of processors 4 out.I had problems with this pretty bad FPS.

Scan your computer for viruses!

Pleasant regards

Kamer

Veteran Driver II

dcba905cdac6291ae8932f4fba24668b.png

role_veteran-ii1.png.ec521170e6dbabfa52c

You can communicate with me (:

30 minutes ago, Kamer said:

If the performance of your computer is low, there is nothing to be done. If your computer is good, the answers shown at the top will help us. If you have tried some steps and you did not get results, please format your system settings.

In the past days I broke the settings of my computer and got the number of processors 4 out.I had problems with this pretty bad FPS.

Scan your computer for viruses!

Fps is fine its the mini freezes Steam overlay shows 60 fps and when it freezes its still 60 when it unfreezes so its not fps wise.

Hello! Try this:

1. Open the document directory and go to the ATS folder.
  2. Find config.cfg and open it.
  3. Search for: g_save_format and change it to 0.

That is my idea, but these was the solution for my problem.

Cheers

"You seemed like the ,,veteran” that knows everything. Not like a war veteran, just a guy that was long enough to know how it works"

57 minutes ago, HelmeS said:

Hello,

Can you explain us your new computer's content? If your sistem not balanced for example 1080ti - İntel Dual core - 4 gb ram or similar. If you sure your sistem is balanced you can look this topics to fix your problem : 

Best Regards,

I have a Gtx 970 Eight-Core Processor and 16 Gig Ram.

1 hour ago, LincALotGaming said:

Fps is fine its the mini freezes Steam overlay shows 60 fps and when it freezes its still 60 when it unfreezes so its not fps wise.

Have you made any changes to your computer in recent days?

Was this problem ahead of you?

If you help us, we can solve your problem!

@LincALotGaming Have you done a recent virus scan of your ? any virus may slow down your computer, please check the status of your computer. Is your display card up-to-date?

Take a look at this guide.

Pleasant regards

Kamer

Veteran Driver II

dcba905cdac6291ae8932f4fba24668b.png

role_veteran-ii1.png.ec521170e6dbabfa52c

You can communicate with me (:

28 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Your specs are fine.

Are all of your drivers up to date?

All my drivers are up to date. I believe it is because my pc disk is at 100% all the time. I have tried fixing this but nothing works I have restarted me pc Installed testing things I have Factory reset it and Nothing is working I knew this would effect games but I can play gta 5 High settings no lag so I didn't really care at that point.

48 minutes ago, HelmeS said:

@LincALotGaming Have you tried un-reinstall your game(ets2 and truckersmp starter). If it's still dropping reinstall your windows and clear your computer case.

If you still have your problem you should show your computer to someone who understands fixing computer's problem. Only i can say that's. 

Yep I have reinstalled both games over 3 times and I wiped my pc and tried nothing.

Hello,

Installing the game into a SSD helps with game loading and auto-save freeze. If the disc in which the game is currently installed is full, this may cause FPS drops.

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

I'm thinking I need a new hard drive I have been trying to fix the 100% Disk usage all the time but nothing works. I've been using my pc for 6 months with the 100% disk thingy so I don't know if its my hard drive or not but everything I try to optimize games Nothing works so I be live this is the error But I'm not 100% sure.

1 minute ago, AdaBey said:

Hello,

Installing the game into a SSD helps with game loading and auto-save freeze. If the disc in which the game is currently installed is full, this may cause FPS drops.

Best regards.

Yeah Thinking of changing from a HDD to SSD but I'm not looking to spend that much right now.

3 minutes ago, LincALotGaming said:

Yeah Thinking of changing from a HDD to SSD but I'm not looking to spend that much right now.

Hello,

If you can not make spend for SSD, you can delete unnecessary files by formatting your computer.

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing last forever.

Have you tried deleting all temporary files in %temp% yet?

Also, have you tried disk cleanup yet?

Aside of that, are you subscribed to any Steam workshop content, or do you have any mods running?

Have you tried creating a new profile yet?

4 minutes ago, LincALotGaming said:

I mean I have 300 gigs of space left so I don't see the need of deleting stuff.

I understand, can you browse this topic?

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Support of the Year 2018

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing last forever.

1 minute ago, Frosty. said:

Have you tried deleting all temporary files in %temp% yet?

Also, have you tried disk cleanup yet?

Aside of that, are you subscribed to any Steam workshop content, or do you have any mods running?

Have you tried creating a new profile yet?

Okay so I have mods on ets 2 but this is happening in ets and ats So the stutter I get in game is happening to both. I have deleted all in %temp% and Ill do a disk cleanup now. (In the video you can see the "stuttering" and it effects Anyone who is behind me , I was doing a convoy the other day and every time I "stutter" its freezes me on other peoples screens for 1 second then I continue at the speed I was going.)

Hello, LincALotGaming :)

My problem that I had experienced was not exactly same with yours, but I want to focus on this sentence what you said above, 

"It happens on ETS 2 and ATS No other games do this."

My graphic card also worked pretty well on other games but not on ETS2.

At first, I did not have any doubt about my graphic card, but finally I just decided to check and get an a/s if I need.

So, I brought my graphic card to an a/s center, and ask for help.

After checking mine, the a/s center said that it is pretty good and no problem was founded.

But a/s center also said that they could change mine with the same one and suggested to me that try it because they could not test mine with ETS2.

(A/S center said they couldn't do that because they did not have a ETS2 software.:troll:)

So, I decided to try to change mine with the same one and also to change my power supplier before I use it.

As you know, your power supplier is one of the most important part for your pc, and if it is unstable or not enough to support your system, it can damage other devices.

I just thought, maybe there were some possibilities that my graphic card could have been damaged because of my power supplier. 

So, I also replaced  my power supplier with a new one(more powerful), just in case.

After doing this, my system worked pretty well not only on other games but also on ETS2!!

In the end, the conclusion is that I suggest you to try to change your graphic card or power supplier or both.

I hope this gonna be helpful to solve your problem and you solve it as soon as possible. :lol:

Thank you.  

7 minutes ago, AdaBey said:

5 minutes ago, Lucy* said:

Hello, LincALotGaming :)

My problem that I had experienced was not exactly same with yours, but I want to focus on this sentence what you said above, 

"It happens on ETS 2 and ATS No other games do this."

My graphic card also worked pretty well on other games but not on ETS2.

At first, I did not have any doubt about my graphic card, but finally I just decided to check and get an a/s if I need.

So, I brought my graphic card to an a/s center, and ask for help.

After checking mine, the a/s center said that it is pretty good and no problem was founded.

But a/s center also said that they could change mine with the same one and suggested to me that try it because they could not test mine with ETS2.

(A/S center said they couldn't do that because they did not have a ETS2 software.:troll:)

So, I decided to try to change mine with the same one and also to change my power supplier before I use it.

As you know, your power supplier is one of the most important part for your pc, and if it is unstable or not enough to support your system, it can damage other devices.

I just thought, maybe there were some possibilities that my graphic card could have been damaged because of my power supplier. 

So, I also replaced  my power supplier with a new one(more powerful), just in case.

After doing this, my system worked pretty well not only on other games but also on ETS2!!

In the end, the conclusion is that I suggest you to try to change your graphic card or power supplier or both.

I hope this gonna be helpful to solve your problem and you solve it as soon as possible. :lol:

Thank you.  

I don't think that is the problem. When I run the game on low graphics it still stutters/lags and I can play high graphic/pc intense games like gta 5 on high and that does not seem to lag.