All my data is lost!!

Olly_Norway

Question

Hello guys, I started up the Euro Truck Simulator 2 for a few minutes ago and all my data is gone. My profile both on this website and in-game are there, but all the data I had are lost. For a few months ago I stopped playing ( around may, just before the release of 1.31.) but I really want to start playing now. I've 183 hours behind me and I had a lot of nice trucks, I really want them back. Please help me. 

I've looked in my documents and I have my profile there and also the autosaves. I hope one of you guys can help me out with this. See the files for photos.

ETS2 Saves.PNG

Profile in the documents.PNG

15 answers to this question

Hello,

Please try to verify the Game Files.

• Go to Steam Library.

• Right click in "Euro Truck Simulator 2".
  • Properties.
  • Local Files.
  • Verify Integrity of Game Files.
  • Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Is there any error message showing up in the game console, or in the UI?

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

32 minutes ago, AdaBey said:

Hello,

Please try to verify the Game Files.

• Go to Steam Library.

• Right click in "Euro Truck Simulator 2".
  • Properties.
  • Local Files.
  • Verify Integrity of Game Files.
  • Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Best regards.

For the last ca. 20 minutes it says it's updating. 

Updating.PNG

Guest Cowie

Hello, it is normal for an update to take quite some time.

Please be a bit more patient, if it is still updating after a few hours, let us know.

Kindest regards,
~ccowie

1 minute ago, TFM DJ ccowie said:

Hello, it is normal for an update to take quite some time.

Please be a bit more patient, if it is still updating after a few hours, let us know.

Kindest regards,
~ccowie

Ok, I will wait. perhaps it's a lot to update since the last time I was online was before 1.31 that will say around May 2018. On forehand thanks for helping me, all of you.

11 hours ago, Olly_Norway said:

Ok, I will wait. perhaps it's a lot to update since the last time I was online was before 1.31 that will say around May 2018. On forehand thanks for helping me, all of you.

Hey there

The update depends of your pc and internet.

Close all program that using your internet ( Not steam ),

If you want  the update go any faster.

I hope this explains

Kind regards

Total EDM
TruckersMP Team

10 hours ago, Armonk said:

Hello @Olly_Norway,

There are several helpful answers here. Just wondering if they have helped you at all on solving the issue you you have described. 

Please let me know if they have!

Kind Regards,

Armonk

Unfortunately, it still says it's updating. I've had the PC on the whole night until now. As you also see my TruckersMP profile are also missing its data. Are there any other things I can do?

The photo shows the current state.

Updating.PNG

As you see here, it seems like I've made "a new profile", I haven't played since 08.05.2018, as the profile below says, in that folder, all the autosaves are there. That is my real profile that "are missing". When I started the game yesterday the game said I had to make a new profile, I didn't think much about that before it said I had to make a new avatar. So it seems like I have 2 profiles instead of one... and by this, I don't mean avatars. 

I've tried to delete the new profile both in the game, but also in the documents. Every time I re-connect with the games, it says I have to make a new profile.

Hello guys, I've finally solved the problems. 

After checking around I found out that my new profiles were saved in the documents. Not in a folder I made that was named Games. So I took the old profile and moved it over to the documents, and re-joined. Suddenly all my data was back. I'm really sorry for making all this trouble when it was a silly thing like this. When I made the new folder named GAMES, I never thought that would be a firewall for the games.

Again I'm so sorry, and in the end, I will thank you all for helping me out!

Guest Cowie

Hello, we are glad that your problem has been solved. 

Thank you, everyone, for helping out.

//Locked and moved to solved.

~ccowie