Request for Reconstructing Calais - Duisburg Route on Multiplayer

Hi all! You know about the current situation at Calais - Duisburg road. I've some plans about preventing some unwanted situations there, in order to make changes on the route. ( These changes are only valid on multiplayer, singleplayer map should kept as it is, such as in Operation Big Sur ;) ) There are some images about where should be edited. Also, I've some other advices:  

* Speed bumps and traffic signs at risky areas are highly required in order to prevent accidents (not in the short term :lol:, but in long term it would absolutely make sense ) Also, the whole road should have medians between opposite lanes, and climbing lanes should added along the road in order to provide safe overtake. The last thing which is needed is getting the time of yellow light longer in order to add barriers to the critical intersections, which will close the road during red light (like in toll gates) in order to force players obey traffic lights. Good day!

Legend.png

Calais Inner-City

Calais Inner-City.png

Calais Interchange

Calais Interchange.png

Calais - Lille Freeway Interchange

Calais - Lille Interchange.png

Bruxelles Freeway Interchange

Bruxelles Interchange.png

Duisburg Inner-City

Duisburg.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • HaulieLove 2

This is a tricky suggestion to handle; I'll be honest and admit that we have been looking at what we can do with this road.

The road between Calais and Duisburg is very popular for some reasons and we don't want to change too much of that because it will likely take away the reasons of why people love that road. We are aware that some parts of that area are poorly designed for multiplayer usage where a large part of the users do not comply with basic traffic rules such as yielding. I'm pretty sure that we are not going to remodel the city of Calais and Duisburg, although we may be looking at other things to improve.

For now I will reject this suggestion since remodelling Calais and Duisburg is not on our planning, but that doesn't mean nothing will ever be done. We may or may not still do things related to this at some point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 2

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.