Help with modding on TruckersMP

YaiRL202

Question

Hey. I am unsure if it's the correct forum, but I'll go for it.

So I use the G29 wheel with a shifter, as you may know the shifter is a 6 gear shifter.

** Please, don't comment anything about realism, only help if you can. I am aware that this is unrealistic. If it makes any sense to you, I am more trying to simulate car driving rather than truck driving. I am aware that the Allison transmission is Automatic. **

Now, the 6 gear shifter works great with the Allison 6 gear transmission, the problem is that you need to buy your own truck, and upgrade it in order to get the Allison 6 gear transmission.

Buying and upgrading your own truck is not that of an easy task, and there is a pretty large gap between a beginner with 2,000 euros in his bank account to a trucker with 150,000 euros in his bank account, that can afford his own truck.

To fill this gap, beginners have to use quick jobs, in which you use 'rental' trucks for your jobs, and earn money till they can afford their own truck.

The problem is that the 'rental' trucks have in 99% (or always, I didn't dive into it) a 12 gear transmission, Which, for me at least, is one big disadvantage. I have tried to use the 12 gear transmission, and It felt so bad that I couldn't drive more than 10 kilometers. Some of you may like it, as I said, I am more trying to simulate car driving rather than truck driving. (Regardless of the truck I am driving ingame). Using the Range option is way too many shifts for me, (12 gears!) and using the Splitter option as a 6 gear, (like 1,3,5,7,9,11) feels extremely bad. If I use the Splitter option as a 6 gear, the first gears of the truck are just so soo short that they are just useless, and if you drive an automatic transmission you can see that the truck starts driving from the third gear sometimes. It makes me entering roundabouts in gear 7 which should be equals to gear 4 as if it was a 6 gear. I find it very unplayable.

Anyways, that's why till now I always used my modded profile which had tons of money and the best trucks in the game, so I can drive every truck I want with the 6 gear transmission as a manual.

But today I had a thought, to create a mod for myself, that changes all the quick job trucks' transmission to Allison transmission. This way, I can start as a beginner and build my career, grow up over time till I eventually can afford my own truck.

So I did some research and created my first mod. I went to "/def/vehicle/truck_company/". This folder is where all the quick job trucks are located. I edited every single one of them, (there are about 100) and changed the transmission to "/def/vehicle/truck/*truck*/transmission/allison_retarder.sii". I saved, packed the edited files as a winrar archive, and changed it from .rar file to a .scs file. (if anybody is intersted, I will happily send you the mod) Then, I placed that file in the mods folder under "Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod", and entered the game. At first my mod didn't even show up in the mod manager. I tried to find a solution but I didn't realize where is the problem so I ended up combining my mod with some other mod I had installed. I entered the game, mod manager, enabled the mod and hurried to select a quick job and see the results. It worked! All the quick job trucks had the Allison 6 gear transmission, and I could drive all of them as a 6 gear manual truck! Then, I quit the game and opened up TruckersMP, and did the same. As expected the game said the most recent save is missing a mod, but it happens with every mod on TruckersMP so I thought nothing of it. I continued on and selected a quick job, only to realize that unfortunately it doesn't work on TruckersMP. I had an idea, I moved to singleplayer again, started a quick job, had the 6 gear transmission, and then saved the game and moved to multiplayer. I opened the same save and boom! it worked! I could drive a quick job with a 6 gear transmission on TruckersMP! I finished the job, and tried to select a new quick job, and then again it didn't work.

So after all this letter, is my mod uncompatible with TruckersMP? Is there any way to make it work on TruckersMP? What am I missing?

Thanks.

TL;DR: I created a mod that makes all the quick job trucks have the Allison 6 gear. It worked great on singleplayer but on truckersmp it didn't, for some reason, and I had the normal 12 gear transmission. When I opened the quick job in single player and then saved the game and moved to MP, it did work till I finished the job and then when I tried to start a new quick job, it didn't work once again. Any thoughts?

6 answers to this question

Hi

Once you accept a quick job, the truck and trailer (all job data) get saved to your save file, which in turns loads in MP as it is reads as default data of the game.

There is no way around it, you will need to accept a job with the mod in SP and save, and then join MP. Repeat every single time.
Same as any trailer mod.

Would be best just to take a loan for a truck in your case, but career in MP is not really possible due to damages of other players/trolls.
Good luck :thisisfine:

Hello,

TruckersMP does not support 3rd party modes and Steam workshop modes.

You can take advantage of the mods on this site.

https://forerunner-mods.weebly.com/

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

13 hours ago, MetaltigerEU said:

Hi

Once you accept a quick job, the truck and trailer (all job data) get saved to your save file, which in turns loads in MP as it is reads as default data of the game.

There is no way around it, you will need to accept a job with the mod in SP and save, and then join MP. Repeat every single time.
Same as any trailer mod.

Would be best just to take a loan for a truck in your case, but career in MP is not really possible due to damages of other players/trolls.
Good luck :thisisfine:

Thanks.