How and when to make a Support ticket?

Hello everyone!

I would kindly like to remind you the following regarding support tickets:

Before I start, I would like to say the following: please do not immediately make a Support ticket when you are experiencing even the smallest problem, because, after all, I think the forum is still the best place to ask a question, because you'll get an answer almost as soon as you publish the topic! Support tickets can be used for email changes, major technical issues or problems with 2 Factor Authorization (2FA). If you would like to leave feedback about us, or anyone in the team, you can do so here. I would also like to let you know that we are, on the most part, not SCS support, so please don't send us problems concerning World of Trucks or any in-game bugs you may encounter that have nothing to do with TruckersMP. It saves you time, and saves us time, you can find the SCS forum here. Thank you on that part.

Now to what I want to point out:

Our support panel is there for (mostly) technical problems, and not for any ban, or appeal related things. So please, when you are making a support ticket, please check again that what you are making a ticket about is actually appropriate, and does fit in support related things. The people taking care of the support tickets, are mostly - surprise surprise - support members of the TruckersMP team, and thus, what you should know, are not able to deal with reports, appeals or feedbacks. And also, just a little thing: when making a ticket, be sure to give us as much information as you possibly can; describe your problem in detail, make a title that fits well, give us as much attachments as possible, and be sure to select the correct game, architecture and language of your ticket. This way you will get much more attention than a ticket that just says "help" in the title and the description. Again, this will give you more attention from us, and thus will you be able to drive on the virtual roads of Euro Truck Simulator 2 much quicker!

One more thing I see a lot is people having trouble with making an account on TruckersMP, this problem is usually caused by a Steam profile not being set to public. You can set your Steam profile to public easily: Log in on Steam, then click on your profile picture in the right upper corner. Next, click on Edit Profile, then, click on Privacy Settings, and make sure the following settings are set to public: My Profile and Game Details, and do not check the box that says "Always keep my total... Blah blah". That's it, fixed.

Detailed guide:

Spoiler

***For pictures please refer to the original topic because for some reason I'm not able to insert those pictures here correctly. You can also find your own language there:

Dear Truckers,

Since one of the most recent Steam updates which has changed the privacy settings of existing Steam accounts, we are experiencing an increasing number of issues during either registering on TruckersMP or trying to link new games with existing TMP accounts. Usually, this is caused by incompatible Privacy settings on your Steam account and can be solved easily. So if you get the error from the screenshot below, please read through this guide in order to learn how to fix this issue.

1.) Firstly, you need to open your Steam library and hover with your cursor above your nickname at the top right corner of the window and click on 'Profile'.

2.) Then, click on 'Edit Profile' at the right side of the window.

3.) Thirdly, you will be redirected to the settings screen where you can change your nickname, avatar, location, etc. But that is not what we are up for right now. On the right-hand side, click on 'My Privacy Settings'.

4.) Now, you have arrived at the Steam Privacy settings, where you can choose whether your profile status is set to Private, visible for friends only or completely public. In order to solve your issue, please ensure that both, the Steam-Profile as well as the Game Details are set to Public. Make sure that the checkbox next to 'Always keep my total playtime private even if users can see my game details' is NOT ticked. Here is a screenshot of the settings you have to apply:

Once you have applied these settings, as shown above, the registration/linking of new games with your TruckersMP account should work without any issues. Normally, the activation should be done within a couple of minutes, but if it takes a bit longer it could be the case that the servers are busy at the given time. So if your game does not get added to your TMP account instantly, please be patient and just give it some time.

The Support Team

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Useful links:

Reports

Feedback

Support panel

TruckersMP website

SCS's forum

The TruckersMP team

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic

Updated: added:

"I also want to let you know that we are, on the most part, not SCS support, so please don't bother sending us problems concerning World of Trucks or any in-game bugs you may encounter that have nothing to do with TruckersMP. It saves you time, and saves us time, you can find the SCS forum here. Thank you on that part."

Archived