Disable Air Horns

Suggestion Name: Disable Air Horns

Suggestion Description: Get the ability to disable only the air horn from other players and keep the standard horn playing from other players.

Any example images: Negative.

Why should it be added?: The air horn is crazy loud and people tend to spam it.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

I agree with this idea because air horns are really loud and usually means I have to use F1 if I am stuck in a queue or turn my headset down.

The ability to disable just air horns and not all horns would be beneficial - maybe it could replace it with a default horn.  

+1 to this suggestion :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Disabling Air Horn  will be a very bad idea i believe common how can Truckers MP Disable Air horn 

if they even do that then the realism of the game would just go down and also then the air horn would be just for a look on the truck 

if you can't use it...I think it's a bad idea.

1 hour ago, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

-1 I don't feel the need to have such a thing as the air horns removed. I mean even in real life you hear simi trucks, car, vans using there horns but we can't remove the horns. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

To be fair they don't lay on them like people do in game ( a few seconds when drivers are angry ) because someone put them in a dangerous situation......if anything i think scs should update them! 

• True Story 1

1 hour ago, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

-1 I don't feel the need to have such a thing as the air horns removed. I mean even in real life you hear simi trucks, car, vans using there horns but we can't remove the horns. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

In real life it is illegal to unnecessarily blast your horn. 

But regarding the topic; there are some regular horns that are super loud too. For example the Scania one. 

I personally got horns off, I never drive so that someone has to honk at me, so I don't really need to hear them. 

• True Story 2

SHeDTix.png

1 hour ago, Glada_Laxen said:

In real life it is illegal to unnecessarily blast your horn. 

But regarding the topic; there are some regular horns that are super loud too. For example the Scania one. 

I personally got horns off, I never drive so that someone has to honk at me, so I don't really need to hear them. 

I love the scania one, its the only truck horn that means business & literally says " GET THE * BEEP * OUTTA MY WAY! where as most are just meep please move....preferably today! Gotta love the scania horn though & its on virtually every truck these days " you hear it as he switches the tone at the start "

It is a feature that should be added, but there is typically a reason people use their horns. I try to only use my horn to warn someone that they're getting too close if flashing my lights at them doesn't work, to tell them they shouldn't have done something, or if they aren't paying attention to the road and they are moving out of their lane/stopped at a green light. People will always spam their horns, and if you don't want to hear any horns then just turn them all off in the multiplayer settings.

Turning off the air horns separately can be really bad though, because a lot of the trucks have such useless normal horns that can only be heard if you aren't in the cabin. Such as the Volvo horn, which is almost silent unless you are right next to it.

5 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

I love the scania one, its the only truck horn that means business & literally says " GET THE * BEEP * OUTTA MY WAY! where as most are just meep please move....preferably today! Gotta love the scania horn though & its on virtually every truck these days " you hear it as he switches the tone at the start "

Yeah, I love that. And I really hate horns that are so weak and pathetic... A horn is supposed to be loud and alerting. Too bad players on TruckersMP horn spam and barely anything is being done about it. 

SHeDTix.png

• 2 weeks later...

The main issue I have with air horns is that they cannot be turned down or disabled which I would imagine is something that SCS would need to directly integrate into the settings.

However, if TruckersMP are able to disable horns would it be possible like @jakuski suggested to separate air horns from truck horns.  They are too loud. especially the "Screamer" air horn.

When I want to make a driver aware of my presence I will tend to use the truck horn instead of my air horn as it is not as loud.  

Also, the ability to disable or replace the air horn with the standard truck horn would be a nice.  

• 1 year later...