do you find that the person abuses with word 'rec' ?

do you find that the person abuses with word 'rec' ?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. people say a lot 'rec' for scare you do not find?

Some people want revenge NOW. They can't just record silently and wait a couple of days and let it go in their heads. :)

The worst people ram back. This makes everything worse because eye for an eye doesn't work in a virtual trucking game with unlimited money.

Some people say REC or BAN, sometimes even when they are the one at fault. Probably to scare people or make them apologise. Doesn't make any sense to me.

The best thing would be just file a report :-). And no drama! Trolls feed off drama guys that's lesson #1 of trolling.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/28/2018 at 5:01 PM, Barbaroshayretin said:

I think it scares people and encourages them to obey the rules

I don't think that. I mean, if they really want to troll or drive like F1 drivers, they will.

3 hours ago, [RLC] ExGiX said:

A lot of people says "rec" and other similar things like "rec ban" :D but they actually not recording they do it to scared people as Le Gamer 64 said 

Agreed, but I feel like no one is getting scared by seeing "rec" in chat.

The abbreviation "rec" only indicates that the player has recorded somebody or something. It is therefore not an abuse or threat as such.
However, against the background that the recorded video can be used as evidence in a report of a rule violation against another player, it can cause a certain feeling of discomfort.

I find the usage of abbreviations like "rec", "rep" and/ or "ban" unnecessary, as the perpetrator will sooner or later learn if he/ she has been recorded, reported and banned.

Hello!

I find a lot of people either saying "REC" or having their tag set as "REC" or "RECORDING" 98% of them are not recording and the 2% are including me, before I had my tag saying "RECORDING!" now I just removed it because it doesn't matter if it says that you record or not people are used to the liars and think you don't record, so I removed it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there're lots of players with tags like "rec+rep", but I dont take them serious as most of them break rules. Yesterday one guy overtaked me on C-D road, he rammed other truck which was coming from other way and I didn't give him road just because I didn't want to do that, If everyone give him road he'll like that and will do that everytime. He rammed that truck with was incoming and he wrote .pinfo and my ID, then he said that I'm idiot and then that he will report him. Guess what tag did he have? Yep, you're right, he had "RECORDING!!!" tag.

Hey,

Yes I had this situation many times. I didn't do anything against the TruckersMP rules (maybe against the reallife rules e.x. speeding :D) but not anything which could punish me from the game. And people said "rec" and else... It's sometimes very annoying if you didn't do anything wrong.

But if you did something wrong, many people say rec but don't report you. Thats also very useless, its probably just to scare people.

But I need to say also, that you guys here reading my text here, you shouldn't report directly if someone crashes into you and if you randomly look at his ban history and see he had not so much bans and he has his account a long time, just forgive this person and don't report him. Because we are all humans, we all do mistakes, and even the admins. Thats why just please do not report every accident if you have the feeling, that this is a normal guy who just accidently crashed. Please follow my words. Thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I tell people when I had recorded them, sometimes I don't. Depends on the mood im in :)

If im playing to relax, i'll usually say it in chat. If im playing and already relaxed, most of those reports end up getting deleted. Especially the ones that are just minor taps, or when I can give them the benefit of the doubt. (Especially when they try to stop and not hit you, or try to avoid you)

it does scare alot of players i always drive normal inside a city if its busy i stop even at red lights and you always have someone crashing into you then spamming horn to get you to drive though red when others trucks are on speed running the intersection

besides that those players who have REC in their name can`t even drive normal themself just brake when you see them and try to stay as far away as you can

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really mind people saying "rec", I always follow the rules and drive safely anyway. It's funny seeing someone with a "REC" tag driving recklessly and rams you or breaking the rules.

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

Archived