do you find that the person abuses with word 'rec' ?

do you find that the person abuses with word 'rec' ?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. people say a lot 'rec' for scare you do not find?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/07/2018 at 11:31 PM, SuperMouse said:

REC is a good one, makes people realise more people are recording, to ensure safer driving. 

Also its a good alternative to rude or insulting language like swearing making you in the wrong as well. Shows frustration without being rude

SuperMouse

Don't trust it tho, not everyone is recording they just want to scare other drivers, and still most of the peps who use "REC" are bad drivers now, the game is getting more scary everydays.. i'm wondering what they do with their recs? lol

REC is a good one, makes people realise more people are recording, to ensure safer driving. 

Also its a good alternative to rude or insulting language like swearing making you in the wrong as well. Shows frustration without being rude

Isnt it a little bit childish to use "Rec"? This word alone has something like a "That-was-unfair-im-gonna-tell-my-Teacher"-Mood.

I think that people who say that, cant deal with conflicts of this nature, but need to rely on others, in the case of the admins, to solve the problem...

Every time a player uses "rec" i somehow need to think of a little kid who is crying and calls after his Momma...

error.png

30 minutes ago, NoNameFound said:

Isnt it a little bit childish to use "Rec"? This word alone has something like a "That-was-unfair-im-gonna-tell-my-Teacher"-Mood.

I think that people who say that, cant deal with conflicts of this nature, but need to rely on others, in the case of the admins, to solve the problem...

Every time a player uses "rec" i somehow need to think of a little kid who is crying and calls after his Momma...

And what's your solution?  To allow trolls that disregard the rules to continue playing?  Or perhaps you want everyone to start ramming back when someone hits them.  I can't help but feel you're one of the younger players if you view reporting someone as "crying for mom".

Hey,

In my eyes, people probably really abuse it at some point. However, I have still chosen to vote for the second option just because of one very reasonable explanation: People record situations for their own pleasure, fun and memory later in life when they want to remember their good old CD times :D  :kappa:

Why else would somebody write *rec* without actually recording something? :wesmart:

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Community Manager

I do find that Rec is used an awful lot, overused really, People use Rec all the time, if you go C-D half the comments are rec 1290, rec, rec 12 etc :wacko: Some just say it, others use it to scare someone whos driving badly or trolling but some people who say it do actually mean it but it is used waaaay too much :P

Also for some strange reason some of the worst drivers in MP are those with Rec in their tag :o

Doesn't bother me tho :P better for people to be going saying rec instead of insulting and using bad language :)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

16 hours ago, aalb75 said:

My experience from MP is that the players who has REC as their tag, is often the worst drivers, when it comes to reckless driving

Well I'm afraid you're wrong. I've got recording in my tag only to warn others that if they intend to troll and ram for the sake of it I will submit the recording. Most people don't have REC in their tag just to scare people, it's their as a warning. I've had no bans since I started playing. I would view it the other way around, people crying about others having REC in their tags is usually the ones who have been banned or unable to troll without being reported for it, they don't like the fact they can do as they wish without consequence. 

11 hours ago, DannyUK said:
On 18/07/2018 at 5:55 PM, aalb75 said:

My experience from MP is that the players who has REC as their tag, is often the worst drivers, when it comes to reckless driving

Well I'm afraid you're wrong. I've got recording in my tag only to warn others that if they intend to troll and ram for the sake of it I will submit the recording. Most people don't have REC in their tag just to scare people, it's their as a warning. I've had no bans since I started playing. I would view it the other way around, people crying about others having REC in their tags is usually the ones who have been banned or unable to troll without being reported for it, they don't like the fact they can do as they wish without consequence. 

"Is often the worst drivers". You are entitled to your own opinion, but, spend one whole day, 4-8 hours driving back and forth on the C-D Road and pay attention to people's tags, you will see what we mean.

On 2018/7/19 at 7:10 AM, Anriandor said:

Hey,

In my eyes, people probably really abuse it at some point. However, I have still chosen to vote for the second option just because of one very reasonable explanation: People record situations for their own pleasure, fun and memory later in life when they want to remember their good old CD times :D  :kappa:

Why else would somebody write *rec* without actually recording something? :wesmart:

Kind regards,

Anriandor

Awww you so nice.

But...really?  I still remember that you said the people who driving and rec on C-D is looking for trouble n report, and you named them as "wannabe admins".:thinking:

17 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Perhaps I am wrong? But my comment is only based on my personal experience, and I didn't say all REC drivers were bad drivers, only the majority of the one I have met. But I haven't been here so long so perhaps my  opinion changes over time.

Hey,

You are entirely right when referring to such people as 

9 hours ago, Green079 said:

wannabe admins

because after all, it is exactly that. My reply above has just been another view and angle on the matter. Obviously, nobody records their game just for fun and people "abuse" saying that to scare people. I do not know why that would be any pleasure to them, however, it seems to be one. By recording excessively many people or merely writing that somebody has been recorded, people just feel uncomfortable and that is a rather toxic atmosphere we do not want to have on TruckersMP.

Nevertheless, we cannot work against such things as prohibiting people to use that word is a bit hilarious if you ask me. Anyways, it is sad to see how this has become some surveillance simulator rather than a driving simulation.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

5 hours ago, Anriandor said:

Obviously, nobody records their game just for fun and people "abuse" saying that to scare people.

I've got over 200 gigs of my driving saved on my hard drives and that's not even including reports.  I find it pretty funny that you assume no one is actually recording for their own enjoyment.

5 hours ago, Anriandor said:

Anyways, it is sad to see how this has become some surveillance simulator rather than a driving simulation.

I don't think this is something that should be blamed on the players.  I doubt many of us would continue to record if we weren't at constant threat from trolls.  (I would but that's cause I like recording everything on my pc)

4 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

I doubt many of us would continue to record if we weren't at constant threat from trolls

I can confidently say that over 95% of the playerbase that troll are found where? On or around the C-D Road. Now, how do I avoid those people? Two solutions. EU1, EU3 or EU4. Or, stay on EU2, and just don't drive anywhere near the C-D Road, especially with its notorious reputation.

13 hours ago, Anriandor said:

Hey,

You are entirely right when referring to such people as 

because after all, it is exactly that. My reply above has just been another view and angle on the matter. Obviously, nobody records their game just for fun and people "abuse" saying that to scare people. I do not know why that would be any pleasure to them, however, it seems to be one. By recording excessively many people or merely writing that somebody has been recorded, people just feel uncomfortable and that is a rather toxic atmosphere we do not want to have on TruckersMP.

Nevertheless, we cannot work against such things as prohibiting people to use that word is a bit hilarious if you ask me. Anyways, it is sad to see how this has become some surveillance simulator rather than a driving simulation.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

I can't see there are anything wrong with recording and report. It still a driving simulation, surveillance is part of driving, just like dash cam in real life driving.

The server rules is protecting player from reckless driving, trolling or cheating etc... and recording and report is the player rights.

It's wired, as a manager of TruckersMP, keep ridicule players who using report system as "wannabe admins", just like the judge ridicule peoples who using the law.

However, I think the problems is there are too many player didn't following the server rules, too many reckless driving on the road, maybe what you guys need to do is figure out how to guide the player to following the rules to reduce the accident rate rather than blaming the player who recording and report.

Archived