Can't really... stay connected

Dennnis06

Question

Hello guys,

I've been playing TruckersMP for a little while I'd say and here's my issue.

When I log in to Europe 2 (that's the most common I've logged in for the past weeks, I think this is happening on all servers for me) and wait through the queue blabla, connected, etc., the game goes fine then at some point where I pass any random driver my on-line connection, I guess, stops. I can still play normally and do all the sh** I want to get done, but I can't see any players. The truck(s) I've passed by stopped and when I press Tab it looks like I'm the only one going further away from them. 

My ms is ~50 and I've seen worse on Tab so I wonder what could be the cause..

15 answers to this question

Tried all of the above, same same same. I guess it's just because of the overcrowdedness of the server because I tried Europe 3 (which was as busy as Europe 2 in Berlin) and it worked fine. I'm just gonna live with the fact that Europe 2 is a singleplayer server for me XD. TC I guess?

Hello,

Please try this solution:

• "Start by restarting your router. If this doesn't help make sure you have all other connected devices to your network disconnected and try to play with cable if you are over Wi-Fi. If you keep having connection problems try to open the specific ports: 42860, 49200, 42890. Also set Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 "

As wrote here:

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Hi,

I hope your problem gets fixed. I might have a reason why to this may happen and it may be your internet disconnecting which use to be a problem for me until I fixed (even though it's still slow because I live in Australia but at least it never disconnects now), also you could try playing other multiplayer games and see if they disconnect, because if it does you may have to attempt to fix this by discussing this problem with your ISP and doing their tips on how to fix it, you might have a cable that sometimes falls out because it's loosely plugged in or when your phone line rings it may cause the problem.

Happy Trucking!

18 hours ago, AdaBey said:

Hello,

Please try this solution:

• "Start by restarting your router. If this doesn't help make sure you have all other connected devices to your network disconnected and try to play with cable if you are over Wi-Fi. If you keep having connection problems try to open the specific ports: 42860, 49200, 42890. Also set Google DNS, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 "

As wrote here:

Best regards.

I tried restarting my router, doesn't do anything. Got the google dns, didn't help. I tried opening the specific ports and all were closed, idk how to fix this - might help?

Tried a step further into the thread, the firewall one, nothing happened.

Also, in that thread, OP has shown a notification on ETS2MP that he has a weak connection and the game is attempting to reconnect - I get none of that. It looks alright, no errors or anything, but when I meet a driver it's over.

23 hours ago, Soul Knight said:

hello

maybe you can read this topic and find  answer

Best Regards

Soul Knight:)

Hello,

I've tried this too but the box seems already unchecked :(

Update from today: I had a delivery from yesterday and I logged in to finish it. I saw players! A lot of them! XD. It worked wonders for 200km until I finished the delivery, I thought it figured itself out and I'm good now. Pressed enter to deliver the order - got out of the menu - ded. No more players. The only player visible to me was 'stuck' in the middle of the street, standing still but their truck looking like moving.

I'm really starting to give up on this :\ 

3 hours ago, The_Bounty said:

It sounds like an issue with your router If you flush the DNS and rest it maybe that can help.

Hope it helps! 

Tried it, same result.

Sometimes it works like 5 seconds from the first time, sometimes not even. I login, no warnings or anything like that, connected - ghost mode - all good.. then I do any basic thing (like using quick travel to my garage this time - which was 5m away from me and I knew it would fail) and bam. Everyone's just stuck with their wheels rolling and in the middle of the road. 

Hello :) 

Follow these guides:

Solution 1

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 2

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Solution 3

> Update your graphic card driver.

> Take care not to play in busy areas.

> Pull down your graphics settings.

> You maybe need a new profile,delete old and get a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correct in directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Don't use unsupported mods.Also too many mods can cause your game to crash.You can find supported and allowed mod from here.

> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)

> That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.

> Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.

> If it didn't work,don't hesitate send support ticket https://support.truckersmp.com/

2 hours ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

Follow these guides:

Solution 1

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 2

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Solution 3

> Update your graphic card driver.

> Take care not to play in busy areas.

> Pull down your graphics settings.

> You maybe need a new profile,delete old and get a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correct in directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Don't use unsupported mods.Also too many mods can cause your game to crash.You can find supported and allowed mod from here.

> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)

> That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.

> Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.

> If it didn't work,don't hesitate send support ticket https://support.truckersmp.com/

None of these worked. Same behavior for each one of the solutions :( 

@Frosty.  not so far.. I'll update with every new solution anyway.

5 minutes ago, Dennnis06 said:

None of these worked. Same behavior for each one of the solutions 

I am not sure if clearing the DNS cache, nor the winsock catalog would help, but I would certainly give it a shot. You need to open the command prompt on your computer with administrator's privilege, and type "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes and press enter. When it's done, then type "netsh winsock reset all" and press enter. After it's complete, it will ask you to restart computer, then do so.

Another thing I would try if I was you, I would uninstall TruckersMP from your programs and features. Then delete TruckersMP folder in Documents and make sure it is also deleted from Program Files. Run CCleaner, click Registry tab on left, then scan for issues. It will prompt you to ask if you want to backup registry keys, you can if you want, but you don't have to. It never caused problems to me, but who knows. After scan is done, you can click fix all, then install TruckersMP.

Also try this (I think your problem cause by your internet)

1. Reset your network adapator

This page will guide you through what you need to do and explains for different Windows operating systems as you scroll down. 

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653

You type 

·         netsh int ip reset reset.txt

·         netsh winsock reset

·         netsh advfirewall reset

In to a DOS window (Comand Prompt).

Clearing the ARP Cache https://techjourney.net/clear-delete-and-refresh-arp-cache-entry/

Resetting your network adapte http://www.home-network-help.com/netsh-winsock.html

Clearing your DNS Cache https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

Changing DNS to Google's Public DNS, https://www.techworm.net/2016/08/change-default-dns-google-dns-fast-internet-speeds.html

You can also try resetting the Winsock Catalog

Click on windows search program and type "cmd" enter

Once you're in, type "netsh winsock reset catalog" enter

Type "netsh int ip reset.log hit" enter

Restart your computer

Additionally, 

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=6653

Just now, NeonLeon said:

Maybe your connection isn't good enough for Eu2 because other players can play on that server without any issue. 

Please tell me if I'm allowed to close your topic if it's solved or if you need further support :)

Yep, all good.. thanks :D