[SCS Blog] Wood production chain

SCS Blog

As our games mature and as our team grows to be able to focus on multiple projects and features of our games, we also pay more attention to the production chains and local industries within the game world. It is actually not a small task to bring in enough new types of cargo and facilities to populate the economy enough to achieve variety as well as to keep healthy supply and demand balance. We take it as a longer-term ambition, but the goal is definitely for our deliveries to make more sense in players' eyes - we will be gradually moving away from the concept of random cargoes headed from a generic point A to a generic point B.

With Oregon, we are paying special attention to the woodworking logistic chain. It's an interesting and characteristic part of Oregon's economy, and it will be a fun addition to the gameplay. Timber, lumber, and products made of wood will give us a nice reason to journey to rural as well as urban areas of the state and beyond, with cargoes that originated as trees in a forest.

002.jpg 001.jpg
003.jpg 004.jpg
We have already shown you several related screenshots and even some video footage depicting elements of the wood production chain. Today we want to share with you a few more detailed shots of Oregon woodworking facilities under construction for the upcoming American Truck Simulator DLC. As you can see, there will be busy logging sites, dusty sawmills, a furniture factory as well as new building sites.

005.jpg008.jpg
007.jpg 006.jpg
7CqynF9dpXg

View the full article

• Like 2

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

1 hour ago, SCS Blog said:

We take it as a longer-term ambition, but the goal is definitely for our deliveries to make more sense in players' eyes - we will be gradually moving away from the concept of random cargoes headed from a generic point A to a generic point B.

Hmm, intersting wording. Maybe a hint for Multi-Drop-Deliveries?

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, RayRay5 said:

Possible as part of a highly hinted at economy overhaul with rigids, but I think it's more of re-configuring depots to have cargo and a destination that would make sense for them rather than it is now where logistics depots have heavy equipment

• True Story 1

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

1 hour ago, RayRay5 said:

1 hour ago, caff!!! said:

Possible as part of a highly hinted at economy overhaul with rigids, but I think it's more of re-configuring depots to have cargo and a destination that would make sense for them rather than it is now where logistics depots have heavy equipment

I believe caff is right here. The random cargoes to random places that make no sense has bugged me for a long time. ATS is a lot better than ETS2 when it comes to delivering cargo to a place that I would expect it to go.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

18 hours ago, caff!!! said:

Possible as part of a highly hinted at economy overhaul with rigids,

Not necessarily with rigids, at least not in the beginning, rather it's a transition from a trailer based job system to a cargo based system.

And that's exactly what Pavel stated in one of the SCS Steam Streams

16 hours ago, JeffSFC said:

ATS is a lot better than ETS2 when it comes to delivering cargo to a place that I would expect it to go.

Indeed it is, but Scandinavia and later DLCs are already following that way of cargo-delivery-system, mostly.

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

Heyy :) 

Finally next photo from ATS Oregon :) Great looking 

Just ,,, I can not wait ! :) I look foraward to DLC 

Kind Regards

Power Wolf._TMP

TruckersMP Members:tmp:

• Guest locked this topic