Jump to content
Dudeface

Just a poll about driving styles.

How and what do you drive?  

68 members have voted

  1. 1. Which of these apply to you? (Generally)

    • I follow the truck speed limit and drive a truck.
      38
    • I follow the car speed limit and drive a truck.
      6
    • I don't follow speed limits and drive a truck.
      21
    • I follow the car speed limit and drive a car.
      2
    • I don't follow speed limits and drive a car.
      1


Recommended Posts

Guest mortezahashemi79

I drive traffic due to traffic

Edited by mortezahashemi79
I remember a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

99% of the time, following the speed limits for trucks, obviously driving a truck. Those 40 Km/h ramps and some 30 Km/h stretches I don't slow down more than needed to go safely. But High Power Cargo trailers, I will go 70 Km/h max, no matter the road and I don't care if there are others wanting to go faster, if they can, they're free to overtake, if they can't, they'll need to adapt. Like some others have said, it's not a racing game but a truck simulator.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Miyu*

Following speed limit could cause a lot of problems in TMP. Adapting others' speed is my first concern.

If the guy ahead and behind both driving at 120km/h and I can control my truck at 120km/h, I will keep 120km/h. If I can't, I will signal them to overtake me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jollis

I tend to drive on the freight market and will go around 70mph/110kph on the motorways and then depending on the congestion and technically of smaller roads either follow the speed limit or travel slightly above it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Miyuki said:

Following speed limit could cause a lot of problems in TMP. Adapting others' speed is my first concern.

If the guy ahead and behind both driving at 120km/h and I can control my truck at 120km/h, I will keep 120km/h. If I can't, I will signal them to overtake me.

As always, some players think that the problem is driving by the rules (not just TMP rules, but real traffic rules) instead of realizing that the problem is driving as if TMP was a truck racing game.

 

Like I said, I drive (used to drive would be more appropriate now) by the speed limits in TMP. Did I cause any problems? Maybe, but only to those who don't know how to slow down, how to overtake safely, how to take a turn using just one lane, etc. To the speeders, the reckless and the ones who don't give a **** about others and believe that slower drivers must get out of their way (or be removed if not, by any means including ramming them out of the road).

 

The problem in TMP is not slow drivers or fast drivers, it's the lack of respect, towards other players, towards the rules. And the huge amount of players who seem to believe that everyone is driving like crazy savages, that must be TMP's way.

 

I've been "sandwiched" while I was doing 90 Km/h on a 2 lanes highway, by 2 idiots who were racing and none could let the other go ahead, so they tried to overtake at once, using the left lane and the shoulder. And none of them were able to keep their trucks in-lane. Result: I was rammed from both sides at the same time. Both players reported and banned. But hey, the problem was me because I was doing only 90 Km/h, right?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I follow the car speed limit so get passed alot by morons, sometimes when I can see an overtake could be dangerous, I move into the left lane and block it to stop the other vehicle from sideswiping me when they see the oncoming traffic. (usually a truck, I've noticed that cars don't often do this). I'd rather I sideswipe them than they sideswipe me, it seems that the rear corners of every car and truck are indestructible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Miyu*

 

1 hour ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

As always, some players think that the problem is driving by the rules (not just TMP rules, but real traffic rules) instead of realizing that the problem is driving as if TMP was a truck racing game.

 

Like I said, I drive (used to drive would be more appropriate now) by the speed limits in TMP. Did I cause any problems? Maybe, but only to those who don't know how to slow down, how to overtake safely, how to take a turn using just one lane, etc. To the speeders, the reckless and the ones who don't give a **** about others and believe that slower drivers must get out of their way (or be removed if not, by any means including ramming them out of the road).

 

The problem in TMP is not slow drivers or fast drivers, it's the lack of respect, towards other players, towards the rules. And the huge amount of players who seem to believe that everyone is driving like crazy savages, that must be TMP's way.

 

I've been "sandwiched" while I was doing 90 Km/h on a 2 lanes highway, by 2 idiots who were racing and none could let the other go ahead, so they tried to overtake at once, using the left lane and the shoulder. And none of them were able to keep their trucks in-lane. Result: I was rammed from both sides at the same time. Both players reported and banned. But hey, the problem was me because I was doing only 90 Km/h, right?

 

Following the speed limit is not strictly listed in the rules.

 

First of all, following speed limit doesn't mean you are driving safe or can be classified as a good driver. Because everyone is driving above the speed limit. Only you driving within the limit will cause problems that you should admit to this. Well, you could say "Others should follow by the speed limit too!" and I would also prefer everyone driving within the speed limit. However, that doesn't mean safe. For example on C-D road. It is a 1x1 lane. If you keep 60km/h, you gave the trucks behind stress and pressure. They will be more likely to overtake you instead of staying behind you. Most of the time, some cars is incoming from the opposite direction. So accidents happened. You could say "That's the overtaker's fault". But the others could also say "If you are not on their way, the accident could be avoided."

 

Maybe "Everyone should follow the speed limit" is your primary concern and the way to enjoy TMP. While I think the more important one is to "not give anyone troubles". I think this would be more applicable in other situations. I am sorry but I have to say that you are a bit of stubborn. Let's face the truth. I've seen 150km/h racer more than 90km/h drivers. We all know everyone should follow the speed limit and that's fair to everyone. If you are following your policy, why don't you let them overtake you and force them to follow your rules by staying behind you? Don't you think it is a little bit of selfish or self-oriented?

 

Everyone lives for themselves. A wise man looks after his own hide. Rules are dead, humans are alive. Don't let the rules rule you.

 

Maybe you couldn't agree with this. But that's OK. I am just expressing my opinion. Just so you know, there are many of people sharing the same thought as me on the road.

Maybe this is so called the "Culture difference":)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Miyuki said:

For example on C-D road. It is a 1x1 lane. If you keep 60km/h, you gave the trucks behind stress and pressure. They will be more likely to overtake you instead of staying behind you. Most of the time, some cars is incoming from the opposite direction. So accidents happened. You could say "That's the overtaker's fault". But the others could also say "If you are not on their way, the accident could be avoided."

Stress and pressure only to those who see the game as a race, as something where they "need" to go faster than the one ahead. They are free to overtake, like I said, but if accidents happen, it's the overtaker's fault. Period. If they can't overtake safely, they should not even try. If they don't like finding others "on their way", they can go to empty servers or to SP with disabled traffic. And don't forget that "their way" is also my way, yours and any other players' way on the C-D or any other roads. You are just proving me right, most players don't see TMP as what it's meant to be, but just another racing game. And it's them who cause the problems but blame everyone else.

 

53 minutes ago, Miyuki said:

why don't you let them overtake you and force them to follow your rules by staying behind you? Don't you think it is a little bit of selfish or self-oriented?

 

I don't force anyone to do anything. Like I said (read again if you don't believe me) I don't care about others overtaking me if they do it safely. If I decided to go on the C-D road, I know that I'd have to slow down, to stop, to keep stuck in a jam for minutes, to go on the grass to avoid reckless overtakers. And I wouldn't have any problems with that. I wouldn't say that others are forcing me to do those things (even when it's the truth) because it was my decission to go there. Those who like to drive on that road full speed should know that they'll find traffic jams, vehicles driving on the wrong side of the road, vehicles overtaking from the right and... Vehicles driving slower. If they can't deal with those things, they should not go there. Or they can keep going there and being banned.

 

According to you, I should be "forced" to drive faster to not "bother" the speeders. What if I'm such a bad driver that I can't control my truck when going fast? Don't you think that it would cause bigger problems? Don't you think that forcing other players to drive fast just because you or others want to go full speed is a bit selfish or racing-oriented? It's a multiplayer game, each player in the server has his/her own way of driving and the same as I don't force others to go slow, I won't allow others to force me to drive faster than I want to. There are no rules forcing players to drive by the speed limits, but there are no rules forbidding it either. As a clear example, I have more than 3000 hours in MP, more than 1.5 million Km driven and I have never been banned. How many "racers" can say the same thing? I am driving at 70 Km/h on a 2 lane road, someone comes at 120 Km/h and hits my truck, I report that player for ramming, that player reports me for blocking, reckless driving or whatever crazy reasons, who do you think that will be banned?

 

As a note: Driving 60-70-80 Km/h on roads with those speed limits is not driving slow, driving 100-120 Km/h on roads with a 60 Km/h speed limit is overspeeding dangerously and can be seen as reckless driving. Which is forbidden by the TMP rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dudeface said:

Only 2 people drive Skodas?

 

 

Not just onky 2 people are are more out there they just never voted. I picked skoda because when driving a truck i mostly like to lag and cars don't so i drive car most of the time. 

 

:)

 

-Arctic Wolf 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Skoda update should help. The proposed DSG gearboxes and more powerful 2.0TSI (EA888) engines should make overtaking easier, and the better brakes will make them not crash into the back of every traffic jam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dudeface said:

The Skoda update should help. The proposed DSG gearboxes and more powerful 2.0TSI (EA888) engines should make overtaking easier, and the better brakes will make them not crash into the back of every traffic jam.

 

 

We must be patient, tell then use (ctrl & shift) in order to gear up.

 

 

Kind regards,

-Arctic Wolf l Viva Trucking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...