Just a poll about driving styles.

Dudeface

How and what do you drive?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these apply to you? (Generally)

• I follow the truck speed limit and drive a truck.
    • I follow the car speed limit and drive a truck.
    • I don't follow speed limits and drive a truck.
    • I follow the car speed limit and drive a car.
    • I don't follow speed limits and drive a car.

I'd shift sequentially even with the DSG, right now though the gearbox is as cumbersome as it gets. You pull the lever and then the gearbox decides "Time to make a cake, go to the shop, talk to some friends, and oh yes, I'll change gear too." The 1.8 TSI is also rather pathetic, the accelerator pedal isn't actually an accelerator, more a noise setting, more throttle, more noise. The 2.0 TDI is better, but I can't stand the noise. It sounds like it was fueled with sandpaper, I drive the 1.8 TSI.

Hopefully there'll be DSG farts. https://youtu.be/_LnHb2FKmnM

I really do not like driving the car, in my opinion it is not that good. It is very unstable, uses a lot of fuel and has poor braking, Not only that, the engine sound is extremely loud which which may stress other truckers. Therefore, I always drive trucks, after all this is a trucking simulator. Saying that, I drive as fast as I can, but safely. If I see people I will always slow down, as it saves me stress of not controlling my truck, and it also stresses them less if they see a truck doing 110km/h, rather than 150km/h.

Unlike Single player, I don't follow the speed limit unless there's going to be traffic or a lot of curved roads to avoid rolling over. I never try to drive fast enough to overtake another person since accelerating on trucks is a tricky process on some roads.

Well i drive my Scania S at maximum speed 150 km/h when the road still empty, but if i drive on calais - duisburg i dont pass more than 100 km/h (no overtaking) and i use brakes as well before the curves. I use the keyboard / mouse for driving. 

Kind Regards, 

Nethermon.

It looks like more people think adopting with other traffic is more important than keeping the truck in speed limit. I am glad to be one of you guys! :)

@Nethermon-RJ You share the most similarities to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived