Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Bug with max. amount of letters on nameplates

Grundii

Game: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Mod Version: 0.2.2.4.1 Alpha | Launcher 1.0.0.4 / Thursday 17 May 2018
Controllers Used: Logitech G27, TrackIR5
Description of Issue: The Owner of the Truck can see his own full nameplate (driver's name sign). Other players (like me) can't see all the letters from the nameplate from the other truck.
How to reproduce: I can not see the full number of letters (& numbers) on the nameplate from other players which use maximum amount of letters on the nameplate.
Screenshots / Videos:

This one is mady from my view to the player: ("She was 1") http://prntscr.com/k3vs73

This one is made by the player: ("She was 16") http://prntscr.com/k3vs3d

Edited by grundi2601
"She was..."
  • Upvote 1

Kind regards,

ɢʀᴜɴᴅɪɪ

Retired Manager

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like an issue with the game itself, and not TruckersMP mod. 

However, I would guess the issue lays within your game settings. Perhaps it enlarges the font/text which results in certain letters not fitting on the plate. 

Maybe try fiddle with your Quality settings and see if it changes anything, preferably the texture settings. Hope that helps. 

SHeDTix.png

Hello,

As you can see in the images I will attach below, it heavily depends on the settings of your own computer and the way you play the game. Some settings apparently allow another number while others do not. Having tested it with @ShawnCZek, I asked him to add the numbers 0-9 but he said that would not be possible. However, I could do it which proves that it is actually possible. In that sense, this is indeed a bug which needs to be fixed. 

The pictures:

Spoiler

My own view:

EwMJ9ES.jpg

My friend's view:

20180723163231_1.jpg

As you can clearly see, my license plates only show the numbers 0-8 and 9-1 for him instead of the full range of numbers.

Thanks for your contribution, it will be looked into in the future.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Community Manager

//Moved to Pending Game Fix.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.