fatal error

Question

10 answers to this question

Hello,

try:

If you get this error you could try the below guide also make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7), DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015. Make sure you check the guide below and don't forget to verify your game files!
General Crashes and errors that you may experience with the launcher or the game try CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.

--> iFlufy <--

Hello dear friend 

Please you follow my steps : 

You try start the launcher as administrator

At the first you verify  in - game files in ATS/ETS : https://imgur.com/a/ss5BCXs

1. Go to steam Library  

2.Right click on ETS / Same on ATS 

3.Properties

4.Local Files 

5.Verify in-game files 

Also you check if you have a good Framework and VisualC++ 2015

NET Framework 4.6.2

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344

VisualC++ 2015

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If you still have a same problem,so i recommend you re-install the launcher : 

Steps : 

1. Press Windows + R keys ( in to command line you write %programdata%

2.In this folder you find a folder ,which is called TruckersMP and open her.

3.In folder is file , unisntall.exe please click on it , and you do it unisntall ..

4.After the Installation you  go to Documents and ETS 2 MP And ATS MP folder please removed.

5.Then you check if you have not in This Computer-Program Files(x86) & Is not none folder ,which is called TruckersMP

6.If you have it done , You can re-install it .

7.Here Is currently link for TruckersMP Launcher : https://truckersmp.com/download

Link on YouTube , where is everything about Installation TMP Launcher :  

Good Luck ! 

Best Regards 

Power Wolf._TMP 

TruckersMP Members 

Hello,

Can you please provide some more information on this issue please.

Could you include some screenshots of the error you're receiving 

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Try going to Steam, Right click the game, Properties, Local Files, then select Verify Game Files.

Then try launching the game in just SP.

If no luck, you may want to see if it creates a crash.log in your ETS2 folder under My Documents. If it does, Try popping that on something like https://pastebin.com/ so we can read it :) 

Signature Coming Soon

Hello, 

THIS FIXES BOTH AMERICAN TRUCK SIMULATOR & EURO TRUCK SIMULATOR 2 POSSIBLY EVEN EURO TRUCK SIMULATOR 1 FOR WINDOWS ( Not to sure if a Linux or Mac version exist.)

I & fyzz08 have found the cure if anyone else has this problem. This issue is caused by loads of things: Corrupted Registry / Windows, Permissions Error / Faulty game or MP.

Don't worry, this cannot cause permanent damage to your game or anything else.

The way to fix this is:

Step 1. Right click your 'Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer' / 'American Truck Simulators Multiplayer' .exe file, whether it be the shortcut on the desktop or actual file and then click properties.

Step 2.

If you right clicked it's shortcut, make sure you clicked the shortcut tab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you clicked the .exe file, make sure you are on the general tab.

You should see a section say: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe"   ) OR it's custom install path. (Minus the brackets)

What you need to do is on the end of it, add: (   -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP   ) 

It should look something like: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe" -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP ) If you understand what the -homedir fuction does, feel welcome to change it, if you are worried or don't know what to do, just leave it as it is.

Regards,

nope looks like no more ets in SP or MP lol i dont understand anythging uve said my pc know how u cud right on back ov a stamp n still have space , ive uninstalled & reiinstalled & STILL having fatal errors thanks everyone 4 help

Hello there @The Flying Yorkshireman,

I have had this problem, too. It is caused by a corrupted profile, and doesn't matter whether it's ETS2 multiplayer or singleplayer.

I suggest you create a new profile (I know, it's a pain in the ass) and start over new, you can, of course, use Cheat Engine or so to get your stats back to the same as your old profile.

Another thing you can try, is reinstalling ETS2 through Steam. This is definitely not a guarantee, because I have done that as well, and it didn't work, sadly.

One more thing you could try, is to (if you have) unsubscribe from every Steam workshop content, and delete all the mods you (again, if you have) have in the 'mods' folder.

What you can do, when creating a new profile, is copying and overwriting the 'save' folder from your old account.

Frosty