What makes a VTC company die?

Steel Driver

Guest Cowie

Hello, Bonjour,

From my experience, you should have requirements and activity requirements. Have at least a weekly convoy to have your drivers come back together. Never stop recruiting! Players will come and go, who cares, they weren't dedicated. I find that you should always choose your staff positions from those already in your vtc. Never hire people that are not in your vtc to take a staff position. That is all I have for you. Oh wait, make sure to keep track of who attends events and who doesn't. Those who are too inactive without a valid reason should go.

~ccowie

Friend, one thing that makes a VTC die is for sure dlc award for ranking.

I never distributed dlc or luck. because drivers will enter interested only in the awards and then leave.

My tip for you is:

* Always stay online, drivers like to contact the owners of the company.

* always make trains, this unites the drivers.

* Make whenever possible, trains between companies.

* hire responsible managers, so that each one takes care of an area.

these are the tips I have for you.

===================================================

Best Regards.

Grande Abraço.

God above all and everyone!

Deus acima de tudo e de todos!

Mr. Marinho Britto; 

Marketing Director of Virtual Enterprise SBS XPress.

A fé move montanhas.

Faith moves mountains.

VTCs are just like clans in other mmorpgs.The main goal is not doing quests together, but doing deliveries they are basically just groups that you can join.They often will set up convoys and events.

- Lack of Time

- Wrong People

- Inactive Owner

- No VTC Events (like convoys, truckfest) 

- Not a TS3/Discord where people can meet

@Steel Driver Hey,

If you ask the my idea , ı say this ;

Being a family. Neither a team nor a logistics nor a clan. The only purpose is to be a family. Why? Because almost all our time passes together. We just dont play games together. We are finding solutions to each other's problems. (Family Problems:mellow:,Love Problems:wub: etc.) In short , we become family..:thisisfine::wub:

Best Regards.

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

Well coming from a person who owns the largest VTC and has been through an entire shutdown at one point... one thing that can kill a VTC is trust and power. No matter how well you know someone, unless you know them in real life, they shouldn't be in your highest seats of power. Once you lose trust in someone that has power, its like Jenga. You remove a piece and the rest falls down. Personally, I have been able to recover from that point in my VTC's life but have learned valuable lessons in which helped improved in my VTC today. 

Hello @Steel Driver,

I am no expert on VTC's, however, I have been in my fair share of VTC's. Most of them died out so I joined another VTC. This is how I think it died out.

-No Recruiting

-No Events

-Inactive owners

-Bad Drivers

Those are my biggest points. There are more, of course but those are the key ones. 

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

Hello,

I think what make a VTC die it's mostly the fights and when everyone fight you can sure it's the end of the VTC :(, it happened to me a long time ago. 

Mr Yop

Companies in this game need a huge shake up, I'm surprised the people behind MP haven't made their own company system like they are doing with traffic in MP. I've never played in VTC because it is pointless, (at least to me) because it's nothing other than a get together or random drive just as you can do on your own anyway, where is the fun exactly or the feeling of reward? There needs to be a better system in place with companies in MP because at the moment it isn't worth the time and effort.

@DannyUK From what I understand, some people do it more for the role play perspective. Perhaps being on a VTC gives them the feeling of that sense of accomplishment you might get when you work with a larger group towards a larger goal. I've met some good people in the VTC that I'm currently in, and while, indeed, the convoys might be deemed useless, it has given me some bonding time with those who were also involved, and I've had my fair share of laughs at all the jokes we've shared. I do, however, understand if people find VTCs as a whole useless, as I sometimes wonder why I put work into a VTC, when I'd like to be doing something else.

Nice picture BTW. I enjoyed that show during it's earlier years, though from what I hear it was over dramatized (surprise surprise). Hugh was definitely a character.

2 minutes ago, Steel Driver said:

@DannyUK From what I understand, some people do it more for the role play perspective.

Thats something people dont like all the time. Most VTC all you do is do a load and the bot logs the job thats it. That doesn't really feel like a VTC to me in my opinion. Its also a reason why i joined viva they offer more, with there very own drivershub, mods, etc....

Kind regards,

-Arctic Wolf l Viva Trucking 

Stay happy and safe

Back in December I used to be in LGO Logistics, a medium sized company with a peak of 50 drivers. The company only lasted 4 months. The main reason for it to 'die' is due to the lack of time that management had. The three founders were often busy and there was only one founder (@KGT I Rootyyy I Driver) that was fairly active. During school season, it seems like more people are busy revising/doing GCSEs. 

yo

Probably most VTCs die due to lack of time. An inactive management makes the VTC boring --> no events --> no attractive community --> inactive players. When the management doesn't care about the VTC,  the players won't care either - they'll leave or just stay inactive. Eventually, the VTC will die.

UsDxWIH.png

15 hours ago, MattTM said:

Back in December I used to be in LGO Logistics, a medium sized company with a peak of 50 drivers. The company only lasted 4 months. The main reason for it to 'die' is due to the lack of time that management had. The three founders were often busy and there was only one founder (@KGT I Rootyyy I Driver) that was fairly active. During school season, it seems like more people are busy revising/doing GCSEs. 

I think that's what's happening to my VTC currently. While the staff has been active, the leaders themselves haven't. This in turn has caused some of the more active staff to leave due to frustration at the lack of changes, which in turn is causing some other staff members-myself included-to either leave or consider leaving. This week we've only had two convoys scheduled, a sharp decline of the usual 4 to 5 that are usually planned.

Anyways, thanks for all the input everyone. Best of luck to y'all.

10 hours ago, Steel Driver said:

While the staff has been active, the leaders themselves haven't.

This is indeed a very Large Problem.

But it gets worse when the Leader has to much free time on his hands:

The Problem with my VTC was, that the Owner was unemployed and had a lot of time.

That was not bad in itself, but he somehow related this to the other staff and expected that they show the same commitment as him. And after a few partly really ugly actions on his part (pay real money to be a member of the VTC, etc...) i drew the finish line for me...

Since then (that's more than 2 years ago) I've tried a couple of times with a few other VTCs, but in the end it almost always failed because of the above reason.

A very big problem, in my opinion, is that the management of VTC often expects too much from their drivers.

For example: I am currently doing a technically very demanding training as a track-builder. I just make it on the weekend to play ETS2 and even then Im not always in the right mood for it. Unfortunately, the VTCs I applied for did not find it necessary to pay attention tho this fact.

For these reasons, I've been "self-employed" ever since and I'm more critical of VTCs...

error.png

The things I have seen are player engagement. You have to go out and get people involved. Other people have brought up good points in here also trust can play a big part. Also sometimes it’s nice for people to take a break. It is a game still. And drama can cause problems too it’s best to just stay out of the drama and do your thing 

Archived