Lag spike/freeze occurring from 15 to 15 seconds

vp999

Question

So I have been getting this problem since a few months ago. It's basically a lag spike that occurs even in the log-in menu. It has nothing to do with my profile or my graphics card. I tried to lower my graphics and it didn't work. Tried disabling everything in the Tab menu while in-game and it didn't work. I tried deleting the truckersmp folder from %programdata%. I tried deleting the ETS2MP and ATSMP folders in Documents still didn't work. I tried reinstalling both ATS and ETS2 and the problem is it occurring. Please don't leave replies to update my drivers or to turn down my graphics card because I'm getting sick of those replys.

12 answers to this question

Hello @vp999,

• If your game is freezing when you try to teleport you should wait from 5 minutes up to 30 minutes this happens only once, after you teleport the next time you will load instantly.
  • Disabling Cabin Accesories and Flags may also help for low end PCs. Using the 2 outside flags on your vehicle can drop you 30 frames and if you use the small flags in the cabin can drop you up to 50 frames!!!
  • Owning DLC's might help a bit with low FPS aswell in crowded areas since the game instantly loads the original skin and doesn't replace it with a random color.
  • Installing the game into a SSD helps with game loading and auto-save freeze.
  • Always install the latest GPU drivers. Before you install the new drivers remove the old ones with Display Driver Unistaller (DDU). If you are on a desktop download the drivers from AMD or Nvidia. If you are using a laptop you should download the drivers from the manufacturer! 
  • Keep trucks and drivers to the minimum, the more drivers and trucks you have the more lag will cause you when the game auto-saves or when you teleport. It also helps saving quicker when you use PrtScn (quick save).
  • A max amount of 15 drivers in 3 garages is recommended. Other garages can be bought but do not assign any AI drivers to them.
  • Changing your save format for the purposes of save editing will cause auto-save lag issues on large profiles and slower systems. To remedy this, changing the `g_save_format` value to the default of 0 will drastically reduce your profile's auto-save time. Though with the default save format, you cannot make modifications to your save file, such as adding customs jobs using Virtual Speditor.
  • Always but always make sure you run the game on DirectX and not OpenCL. Running the game on OpenCL will cut your FPS to half or even cause you game crash. If you are not sure if you run MP in DirectX run the game once in SP by Choosing "Launch ETS2 DirectX (64-bit)". 

Best regards,

NeonLeon

• Woah! 1

Hello,

You can try these steps:

• Go to TAB > settings >untick development logging,
  • You're should in the pictures make that settings,
  • develop.png
  • Keep the display board up to date,

• Make sure that an application that forces the processor does not work in the null,

• As you enter the game, you may find it easier to play the game by closing the antivirus and unnecessary programs,

• Delete useless folders with ccleaner or clean master of pc programs,

• Take care not to play in busy areas(Duisburg and calais city etc),

• Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys and open task manager, turn off other programs who use CPU.

• f2861d0286c4c48602750a102d2c69da.gif

And

You can take a look at this topics:

Hello,

Do you have an existing SSD? If yes, try to install the game on the SSD.

Also,

"Press tab-->Settings

Untick development logging. Lag spikes should be reduced and even stop altogether."

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Hello :) 

Follow these guides:

Solution 1

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 2

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Solution 3

> Update your graphic card driver.

> Take care not to play in busy areas.

> Pull down your graphics settings.

> You maybe need a new profile,delete old and get a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correct in directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Don't use unsupported mods.Also too many mods can cause your game to crash.You can find supported and allowed mod from here.

> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)

> That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.

> Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.

> If it didn't work,don't hesitate send support ticket https://support.truckersmp.com/

Also look at this topic

I'm having the exact same issue. Every 15 seconds on the dot my game will stutter for about 1 second. This causes anyone driving behind me to have a near-death experience as my truck goes from 60mph to 0 in a split second. I've tried all these suggested remedies. It doesn't happen in singleplayer. It happens in both ATS and ETS2. In populated and unpopulated areas. And even in the menu. I don't see any errors in the ingame console. It seems unrelated to hardware though it does seem that it is affecting or being affected by FPS as when the lagspike happens the fps will drop for that one second (when capped at 60 it drops to 15, when uncapped it will drop from about 400 to 100). Tried running as admin, directx, etc. etc. Task manager performance also doesn't seem like there's an issue since I usually cap at about 30% cpu, and gpu is even less. Ping is around 90ms but it doesn't seem related to that. Maybe there's some logs that might have some insight?

@vp999 We are sorry for this problem but it has absolutely nothing to do with a problem of truckersmp, otherwise every player would be affected - and that isn't the case here.

You could create a bug report here: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/7-bug-reports/ 

but in this case I don't think you'd get a solution with a topic there... Please stay patient and maybe some of our users/staff can help you further.

Hello :) 

The other way is to try and Clear your computer cache which can be done from CCleaner or Clean Master for PC 

I personally reccomend Clean Master because using it from last 2 years and works perfectly :but ofcourse either of them does the job of clearing cache from your computer and other programs

If that didn't work too you can try Cleaning up your C: Disk by the following steps

Spoiler

Step 1:

airomHK.png

Step 2:

hQH6HeU.png

Step 3: After clicking Disk Cleanup wait for the system to collect junk and tell you via another popup box

Step 4: Tick Mark everything once it shows that this much junk lies , Their will be several like Offline website data,Temprorary files so yeah you can Tick all and Click OK button and let the cleaning happen after that Restart your PC and wait for it to reach idling speed.

Another solution

1. Going into the 'Set Launch Options' in the ETS2 and putting in this command:
-homedir g:\'
' being the name of the folder being created (you can change ' to whatever folder name you want)
2. Set g to whatever drive you have the game installed on. Launch the game. Shut it off. go to Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 and copy everything. Now go to g drive, or whatever you set it as, open the folder '
3. There will be a Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder in there, paste everything from the documents folder in there.
4. Now run the game, your save should be there, and hopefully it will run better.

The reason for this seems to be, if the game and the save file locations are on different hard drives, like mine were. Saves were in Documents/ folder on my C Drive and my game was installed on my G drive. If the saves are located on the same hard drive, things just run smoother. There are a lot of files being written to that folder in Documents it seems besides saves, so it's best if everything is on the same hard drive