Three problems

cashxx

Question

Hello all,

New user here to ATS and Truckers MP.  I have 3 annoying issues that I hope someone can help me fix.

1)   I keep having an issue where there are no jobs.  The fix I found was to go into your profile's config file and set the economy to 1.  That seems to work, but it is a constant problem.  Seems to really be a problem after I go up a level and it asks you to use your points.  After choosing to have better gas mileage or be able to have longer drives and then go back to the jobs list, it is usually blank.  After resetting the economy, I think that leads to the time issue in my number 2 problem below.  I have triggered it to refresh by clicking around, but not sure what I went into to trigger it.  I have tried twice, finding what I did and not sure.  The only thing that works reliably was editing the config file.

2) I have been only playing ATS using Truckers MP for the past few days.  I launch Truckers MP and click to launch ATS.  I login and choose a quick job to do and at random times after starting a job I have 0 hours remaining.  If I quit the job I lose 12k, if I complete the job I get nothing and lose points.  Since I am new, I haven't purchased a truck or shop yet. I just have been taking jobs that the game provides along with the truck etc.    I have read that it's a time sync issue with the server.  I read to rest at a rest station and that didn't work.  I have read to not play single player and then quit and start it back again using MP.  But I don't do that, I have only been starting/finishing delivers in the same session only using Truckers MP and I don't notice the issue until I have already started a job and end up getting points taken or losing money.  How can I stop this from happening or correct it after starting a delivery?

3) I can't get the beacons to work.  The shortcut key is O, but I press it and nothing happens.  I have a key setup on my G27 Wheel as well and nothing happens.  I can clearly see them on the trailer, the truck says Oversize Load, etc.  Not sure why they won't turn on?  Mods are disabled.

Thanks for the help!

6 answers to this question

The best way to solve your problems #1 and #2 is to play SP for 2-3 quick jobs. At some moment, you'll receive a notice from the bank, so you can get a loan. With that loan, you can buy your own truck and then, go to MP. Launch the game, go through the login, etc. Once in the main menu, hit always Drive as first thing. This is when your client really connects with the server and synchronizes the time in your profile with the time in the server.

When you are connected, you'll most probably find that the job market is still empty, but now you have your own truck and a Home office. You can simply drive for a while and then use the menu to teleport to your home office, or hit F7+Enter to teleport to the repair station. Any of those actions are usually enough to "force" a time advance and make the jobs list to be full again. Something that always works is sleeping, but it can happen that you try that and receive a message "You're not tired", so try teleporting and if it doesn't work at the first attempt, just drive for a while and try again.

EDIT: Forgot your point #3. If you follow my suggestions above, when you have your truck and are connected to the server, check the MP settings: press TAB, then the cog icon and go to the video tab. There's something like "Secondary lights", make sure they are enabled. You can do this also from the Login screen even without having your own truck, the gog can be seen on the top left corner.

Welcome to the MP and the forums!

• Like 1

Hello,

33 minutes ago, cashxx said:

1)   I keep having an issue where there are no jobs.  The fix I found was to go into your profile's config file and set the economy to 1.  That seems to work, but it is a constant problem.  Seems to really be a problem after I go up a level and it asks you to use your points.  After choosing to have better gas mileage or be able to have longer drives and then go back to the jobs list, it is usually blank.  After resetting the economy, I think that leads to the time issue in my number 2 problem below.  I have triggered it to refresh by clicking around, but not sure what I went into to trigger it.  I have tried twice, finding what I did and not sure.  The only thing that works reliably was editing the config file.

Answer 1-) That no job issue is a known bug/problem,please wait patiently,for now do not try take a trailer/job.

You can check this topic:

33 minutes ago, cashxx said:

2) I have been only playing ATS using Truckers MP for the past few days.  I launch Truckers MP and click to launch ATS.  I login and choose a quick job to do and at random times after starting a job I have 0 hours remaining.  If I quit the job I lose 12k, if I complete the job I get nothing and lose points.  Since I am new, I haven't purchased a truck or shop yet. I just have been taking jobs that the game provides along with the truck etc.    I have read that it's a time sync issue with the server.  I read to rest at a rest station and that didn't work.  I have read to not play single player and then quit and start it back again using MP.  But I don't do that, I have only been starting/finishing delivers in the same session only using Truckers MP and I don't notice the issue until I have already started a job and end up getting points taken or losing money.  How can I stop this from happening or correct it after starting a delivery?

Answer 2-)Do not take delivery in ETS2 or ATS and than continue in TruckersMP.Do not exit TruckersMP and come back after etc. 25 hours because in TruckersMP time never stops.if you new trucker here who don't have own truck to do normal jobs, I'm highly suggesting to earn money first in SP to get a truck and then start trucking in TruckersMP or follow steps in the guide below.

I don't know the answer to the third question.Sorry :( 

for jobs you need to sleep mp runs on a different time to your single player so sleep or traveling to garages will solve it 

mp is running all the time so time never stops when you log off so when ever you log in you need to refresh your job market 

your single player is different you refresh it every 12 game hours and when you log off your game time stops