Recommendations For the Big Sur Event

Mike Dragon

The current event SCS is hosting via World of Trucks is a fun one and it has some pretty nifty rewards. And now that TruckersMP has released an update for MP to support the game version for that event, lots of people are taking on the task online with thousands of other players. Though as some of you may have noticed, both sides of the Carmel-San Simeon Highway are packed full of trucks trying to deliver loads to the digging sites at the mud slide location. This is generating a several miles-long traffic jam, sometimes long enough to reach Santa Maria. As a result, the wait time to reach the drop off point can be as long as three or four hours (real time).

2yThxmc.png

All of this and that's not even at peak hours!

Game Moderators (myself included) are dedicating as much of their free time as possible to aid the situation and keep everything under control and help traffic flow so no one will get stuck in traffic any longer than they should as well as keeping the presence of rule breakers to a minimum. Having said that, I am glad to inform that, although slow, things have been flowing quite smoothly, everything considered.

Rmcl9gk.jpg

Having said that, there are a few recommendations I'd like to make to all of you who are planning to work on the event on multiplayer, so if I may, here's a few tips for a better experience at the location of the event:

- If you are doing the World of Trucks event and don't want to wait in a traffic jam for literally 2 to 4 hours in average, go to singleplayer. That road is heavily packed.

- Game Moderators who are managing traffic are calling players by their in-game ID, so please pay attention to the chat, know your ID and follow their instructions if they call out your number.

- Obey the traffic lights at the junctions of the digging sites.

- Do NOT attempt to overtake. Rule 2.4 is in effect on that whole region.

- Do not bring double or triple trailers (rule 2.6 is in effect in the whole region).

- Do not bring loads that are not meant to be delivered to the digging sites (rule 2.6 is in effect in the whole region).

- Do NOT bring a car (rule 2.6 is in effect in the whole region).

- Do NOT attempt to u-turn on that road. It has only one lane in each direction and the flow of traffic is constant.

- Do NOT drive or attempt to pass anyone on the hard shoulder.

- Have fun!

Remember! The best way to never get yourself banned is to not break the rules. And do that is easier than blinking. Have fun at the event and happy trucking! ;) 

Your friendly drake

~Mike Dragon

P.S: Have a couple screenshots of the area.

IPdfP5G.jpg

H0hYxGf.jpg

VgNVXSj.jpg

HW9RuuE.jpg

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

You shouldn't be giving instructions. I was there yesterday and saw that the only reason the jam occurred was that there were people who simply wouldn't move. Watch the area from above and kick people if they don't move for about 5 seconds. They'll get a second chance when returned while the rest will get to enjoy the game.

Hey @Mike Dragon 

You are right ;)

This place it's just great ;) , at least ,that TruckersMP added a traffic lights there.

I think ,that this event is best of TMP events ;) ,,Because game moderstors And other staff ,also enjoy this event ;)

Best Regards

RedWolfTV_TMP

TruckersMP Members

I agree 100% with the recommendations, however earlier today after spending more then 40mins going 21 miles I was right there near my delivery point in Santa Maria, making the last left at the light when some a**hat tries to pass me on the right at the light all the while crashing and pushing me, admin kicks him and as I'm trying to correct my horrible positioning after being rammed into to finish my run the admin teleports me to nearest repair spot. WHY on earth was I also punished when I was obeying all road rules..... Put a very bad taste in my mouth. This all happened on European server 2 and I think the Admins name was Amy something something... I just wish I would have been treated better considering I did Nothing wrong.... What ever it's off my chest now...

I don't recall knowing any GM with the name of Amy, but regardless of that... It doesn't sound to me like you were "also" punished, @Konman Killmister. From what you described, your truck was forced into an inadequate position and the GM who sent you to the repair shop thought it was or would take too long for you to manage to fix your position. Given the amount of traffic, the priority is to keep things flowing as quickly and smoothly as possible so he/she judged that you could end up causing a hold up so he/she sent you away to avoid that before it were to happen. A punishment would be if you were kicked from the server, as well, which was not the case. Being sent to the repair shop means that the GM knew you had no fault on what happened and didn't deserve to be kicked or banned for whatever happened.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Had I been Given 15 seconds more, I could have easily maneuvered which I was already in the process of doing and continued on my way which was like 25 meters at most however I was afforded no such opportunity nor warning.  So I'm then expected to make another trip (another 40+ minutes) and hope something like that doesn't happen again?? You are joking right cause that's what that is to me. I understand Everything you mention, my use of "punishment" is loose, but after traveling such a short distance while it takes so long only to end up getting rammed and then teleported you get it right...? All I'm saying does a teleport have to being so hastily done? maybe give a guy a chance.

Done a load, the traffic was 2hrs long real life time. arrived at traffic jam at 5h15pm (GMT-4) delivered my load at 7h10pm, kuddos for the hard work of the admins keeping the trucks moving, if you are quick, you can even go grab a quick snack and bottle of water, if your kitchen is close to your PC. But maybe there's 2 tips that need to be added :

1. Bring some snacks and water near your PC

2. Be sure to go to the bathroom before getting into traffic.

3. Do not answer calls or the door, or even your mom unless you can safely park on the side of the road to do it. Let them know you'll be busy for a few hours and you can't answer them before starting the game.

76561198104067447.png

Hey Mike Dragon, 

I have a suggestion for the Big Sur Event. I think TruckersMP should open ATS #EU2 for everybody to use so then some people may go to the other server and that means that then you lose a bit of people on ATS #EU 

"one day you'll leave this world behind, so live a life you will remember" 

YkVNx7p.png

Thanks for your advice and your beautiful screenshots!:D

Last week I waited for almost 2 hours in traffic before I decided to switch over to singleplayer. I have never seen such a big traffic jam in MP, it was insane. I wasted so much time waiting for trucks to move slowly and I still didn't manage to finish my job in multiplayer. I love it!:lol:

UsDxWIH.png

The jams are actually quite enjoyable unless the ETS2MP ones at C-D. I saw already several triple and double combinations and cars driving up there, if I video report them will action be taken or just a warning?

PVG-Trans VTC Belgium, real life professionals only! - OLD TM & CT San Andreas MP player.

You know what surprises me there, people have patience generally, and they behave themselves, nothing like on ETS2 EU#2 on the C to D road, but sadly, the time it takes is still way too long, even if I enjoy the traffic, if it was 30-45 minutes, I would do it, but 2hrs for each load, too long on real life time, I may do it on weekends sometimes, but I think I'll do them in SP for the most of them, much quicker.

76561198104067447.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived