Lag Spikes in game

mellowmarco28

Question

Hey, Ive look on the forum and have done everything possible to stop getting these lag spikes.The lag spikes will happen anywhere in the game and it will happen even if there is no one near me. The lag spikes also happen on the menu ans sign in page in game. I drop 20-40 fps. I dont think its my computer.

My pc specs are:

I have a gtx 1070

Intel core i7-7700k @ 4.20Ghz

16gb ram

64 bit Os

In game i turned off the cabin settings. I have turned my settings all the way down and I still drop fps randomly. Every option that you can turn off to get more fps i have tried from the forums. I also do not have the dvr option enabled. I had my game install on my hard drive but then i switched it to my SSD and still i get these fps drops. It is not my internet because in game i check and i get 30 ping. Im not sure what else to do which is why im posting on the forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Hello,

You can try these steps:

• Go to TAB > settings >untick development logging.
  • You're should in the pictures make that settings,

• develop.png

• Keep the display board up to date.

• Make sure that an application that forces the processor does not work in the null,

• As you enter the game, you may find it easier to play the game by closing the antivirus and unnecessary programs,

• Delete useless folders with ccleaner or clean master of pc programs,

•  Take care not to play in busy areas(Duisburg and calais city etc).

• Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys and open task manager, turn off other programs who use CPU.

• f2861d0286c4c48602750a102d2c69da.gif

Also

You can check this topics:

Hello :) 

Follow these guides:

Solution 1

> Go to Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 2

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.

Also try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

Guide:

> Go to your steam App
> Go to library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Also try to reinstall TruckersMP.

Go to '%programdata%' and delete the folder 'TruckersMP'. After that uninstall TruckersMP and download the MOD again: https://truckersmp.com/download -> Launch the installer as admin

Solution 3

> Update your graphic card driver.

> Take care not to play in busy areas.

> Pull down your graphics settings.

> You maybe need a new profile,delete old and get a new one.

> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correct in directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)

> Don't use unsupported mods.Also too many mods can cause your game to crash.You can find supported and allowed mod from here.

> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)

> That's may be caused by missing game file.Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.

> Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.

> If it didn't work,don't hesitate send support ticket https://support.truckersmp.com/

Also look at this topic

On 6/29/2018 at 5:07 PM, [WTLVTC] ismail [TR] said:

Hello there buddy, @mellowmarco28;

Two answers have been given

We'd like to know if your problem has been solved now :)

Unfortunately no, i tried every thing that those two answers gave and i still get lag spikes. In sp my game runs smoothly, but in the mp my fps drops 20 then it drops 10 more and then it goes back up to my normal fps and this process happens every 30 mintue. 

Hello :)

The other way is to try and Clear your computer cache which can be done from CCleaner or Clean Master for PC 

I personally reccomend Clean Master because using it from last 2 years and works perfectly :but ofcourse either of them does the job of clearing cache from your computer and other programs

If that didn't work too you can try Cleaning up your C: Disk by the following steps

Spoiler

Step 1:

airomHK.png

Step 2:

hQH6HeU.png

Step 3: After clicking Disk Cleanup wait for the system to collect junk and tell you via another popup box

Step 4: Tick Mark everything once it shows that this much junk lies , Their will be several like Offline website data,Temprorary files so yeah you can Tick all and Click OK button and let the cleaning happen after that Restart your PC and wait for it to reach idling speed.

Another solution

1. Going into the 'Set Launch Options' in the ETS2 and putting in this command:
-homedir g:\'
' being the name of the folder being created (you can change ' to whatever folder name you want)
2. Set g to whatever drive you have the game installed on. Launch the game. Shut it off. go to Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 and copy everything. Now go to g drive, or whatever you set it as, open the folder '
3. There will be a Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder in there, paste everything from the documents folder in there.
4. Now run the game, your save should be there, and hopefully it will run better.

The reason for this seems to be, if the game and the save file locations are on different hard drives, like mine were. Saves were in Documents/ folder on my C Drive and my game was installed on my G drive. If the saves are located on the same hard drive, things just run smoother. There are a lot of files being written to that folder in Documents it seems besides saves, so it's best if everything is on the same hard drive

Edited by Frosty.
Removed unnecessary quotation

Locked and moved to unsolved topics due issue is not fixed or there is no fix

And User need to make ticket :)