the roughness on eu2

TheBigK02

Hi,

Im playing only on EU2 because of the number of players. I avoid C-D road and I follow speed limits and traffic lights. But whenever I drive in germany I get annoyed. It is not the amount of traffic, its also not the speeding what bucks me. It is the reckless driving, the ramming on purpose and the senseless drivers that want to go as fast they can even when they cant pass me cause of one lane narrowing. 

I wrote 7 reports in a gap of 3 days without attending one time C-D road and there would be more when I could have found out the players id. I needed to deliver a job to lille and its a nightmare. I restarted 3 times from that town because i got ran into someone. I hate to say it but the game I loved to play became so bad that I feel like stopping. 

its crazy.

Assign Quick Save (it is Scroll Lock by default I think) to some easy to access key, when you see a player that is approaching and you think accident is a real possibility just do a quick save and keep calm.

If accident does happen, load quick save and continue, no damage etc like nothing was happened.

I do quick save all the time, I've also assigned Quick Load button to shorten process a bit.

Guest Cowie

Hello, please notice that not everyone takes the game so seriously. As much as it would be much more enjoyable having all players respect the driving rules, it is not the case. Not saying that it will completely solve your concerns, you can try using EU 1 a more realistic feeling server.

As always, you can use the in-game report system to potentially have such reports handled, or make a website report as each report will be viewed and dealt with.

Kindest regards,
-ccowie | TFM Presenter

Hello,

Some people do not really consider the rules, you can continue to report for it.

Kind regards,

LegendArrow3

The reason for the rise in reckless driving in Europe 2 is that it is currently summer, it's the perfect time for the trolls because the general TruckersMP player base takes their time off from their usual work or enjoying the summer holidays after leaving school, furthermore some trolls prefer to delete their accounts and then start afresh to continue the carnage that they have caused on their old accounts which is what's resulting in widespread trolling incidents in cities across the ETS2 map.

New players are particularly vulnerable to getting rammed compared to a hardened player who has been active on the server long enough as they are still yet to get used to how things work on the server and how do players drive. 

I get that feeling now and then too, normally i take a break for a few days. Now i kinda dont want to sound repetitive but i don't think there is any other way. Drive super defensive, like everything you do isn't already enough but yea there is always more you can do, learn to predict crashes and avoid them. I may sound like a wise-ass right now and you probably already know all of that, but just to remind you.      

12 days since the first time playing ETS2 and ETS2MP. I had enough for EU2 and I found EU3 is pretty a good server.

Many people like me, maybe thinking of no cars means no other player will be shown in the game.

However, the collision is turned ON and actually you can see other players in-game.

The "NO CARS" actually means no Scout. The fast, tough and loud road rage dedicated car.

I hate Scouts and I have no problems with no Scouts server. So I started playing in EU3 and guess what?

I don't have an accident on C-D road in EU3. Everybody treats me just fine.

Just now, Miyuki said:

12 days since the first time playing ETS2 and ETS2MP. I had enough for EU2 and I found EU3 is pretty a good server.

Many people like me, maybe thinking of no cars means no other player will be shown in the game.

However, the collision is turned ON and actually you can see other players in-game.

The "NO CARS" actually means no Scout. The fast, tough and loud road rage dedicated car.

I hate Scouts and I have no problems with no Scouts server. So I started playing in EU3 and guess what?

I don't have an accident on C-D road in EU3. Everybody treats me just fine.

In EU3 you will not see anymore "rec", "banned", "admin" or promotion chat.

There are crashes there but less. Also, the server is only capable for 2300. That means even if all of us go to EU3, the C-D road won't stuck just like EU2.

Well there are still only 1000 people in EU3 so even you are driving on C-D road. You won't see trucks so frequently but if the server is full, it is still quite enjoyable (I think).

what i dislike is that the number of maximum players are only so high on EU2. I would love playing on other servers if I know it could fill up with same amount of players. That might be just psychologic but that might also be same for other players and thats the reason why EU2 is the most popular server? but that might be just me.

But I did not want to talk about C-D road and I get that I wont be alive after going through that road. That never bugged me at all. What buggs me is the response time of the web reports is quite slow and that proabably causes also the server beeing in bad shape. My theory is (that might be wrong here and the admins might know better) but the regular truckers are the ones that I come along with but the trolls are those that come and go and dont go for very long and those bans doenst bother them much due to the fact that they are may be even already unbanned when they decide to play again.

The response time weakens the punishment in my opinion. 

I know that admins have limited time and all but thats what I think is the reason why so many trolls are running around just fine cause it takes days for them to be banned.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, TheBigK02 said:

what i dislike is that the number of maximum players are only so high on EU2. I would love playing on other servers if I know it could fill up with same amount of players. That might be just psychologic but that might also be same for other players and thats the reason why EU2 is the most popular server? but that might be just me.

But I did not want to talk about C-D road and I get that I wont be alive after going through that road. That never bugged me at all. What buggs me is the response time of the web reports is quite slow and that proabably causes also the server beeing in bad shape. My theory is (that might be wrong here and the admins might know better) but the regular truckers are the ones that I come along with but the trolls are those that come and go and dont go for very long and those bans doenst bother them much due to the fact that they are may be even already unbanned when they decide to play again.

The response time weakens the punishment in my opinion. 

I know that admins have limited time and all but thats what I think is the reason why so many trolls are running around just fine cause it takes days for them to be banned.

Cheers

I don't even have enough quotas to report on web ... However recording is the best way to let the player get banned. If the ban period is too short, they will just have another attempt, that means just another report view + another short ban. Create a server only restricted access for the players have no active ban is the best way to solve this however the Community Manager has banned this idea so ... Currently EU3 is the only option.

7 minutes ago, TheBigK02 said:

what u mean with no active ban. U mean only for players that never got banned? I dont even get that idea.

Active ban means the icon punishment record is green. If the ban is not active anymore (over 1 year) it will change to yellow.

That means if you have no ban for 1 year, you are classified as no current ban.

So for the driver who was a bad driver but now he is a good driver, he still can join this restricted access server.

§2.11 - How bans are issued

The first 3 bans issued are at Game Moderator discretion.

The 4th ban is 1 month.

The 5th ban is 3 months.

The 6th ban is permanent with no chance of undo. Any bans further than 12 months before the current ban are ignored under this rule. This is considered the cooling off period.

If you have at least two history bans of the same length in your ban history, Game Moderators may extend your ban to the next ban history length, regardless of how many bans you have had in the last year. For example, if you have already had two 1-month bans, your next ban can be extended to 3 months. If you have two 3-month bans, your ban can be extended to perm. Note that bans that are extended due to it being your 4th, 5th or 6th ban cannot be removed, they are strictly 1 month, 3 months and permanent.

1 minute ago, MrBrandman said:

I you wish decently high number of players but without as much bad driving I would suggest giving EU1 a shot, its a simulation server which means truck limiters, speed limits, general road rules being followed. More like actually simming what you would have IRL.

If they are wanting for the real one, all drivers tagged themselves 90km/h should go to EU1 ... But they didn't, why?

Because even if the truck should always drive slower than 90km/h, their cars are able to drive much faster than 90km/h if needed.

Those guys don't go to EU1 is simply because the 90km/h auto retarder.

90km/h retarder is fair to everyone there but ... they can't enjoy overtaking and you can't see the car in front of you because you always keep the same distance with him.

So that's not really "simulation" in my opinion.

For those people who tag themselves 90km/h and drive at 90km/h in EU2 can have the ability to accelerate if dealing an emergency / in a hurry / other reasons.

EU2 / EU3 kept their "permission" to to that. They have a choice to whether keep 90km/h or drive faster. So they didn't go to EU1.

For me, I just hate little cars and reckless drivers, I have no problem to play ETS2 without them. So EU3 is the now my favorite.

I think I should be a promoter of EU3 to let more people wanting to go to EU3 instead of queuing for EU2.

@horyatm I'm sorry but you are sooo wrong. Even when you leave the trailer, your username remains on top of it, so everyone can see whose trailer is blocking the way. You were probably reported by lots of people, but since there are hundreds of reports each minute, it may happen that all of those reports timed-out unclaimed. But you can still be banned, if just one of those blocked players got video and sent a web report, so don't be too happy for several days from now.

I can see that you didn't mean to cause that chaos, but your reaction was also completely wrong. You don't need to wait until a path to the trailer is clear, as soon as you see that it's your trailer that is causing the blockade, you hit F7+Enter and both your truck and trailer are teleported to the nearest repair station. Instantly. You say:

48 minutes ago, horyatm said:

It was funny for the first 15 minutes

You can bet that for the players trapped there, it wasn't funny at all. And 15 minutes? You can also bet that some of them have sent video reports. Finally, this post won't help you if you are banned and decide to appeal, with that comment I quoted...

EDIT: And you already have a ban for intentionally blocking roads in 2 different situations? Yeah, sure, you didn't think that your trailer would bother anyone... Better be ready (GMs don't like trolls)

Oh, I didn’t know about that option. I said that it was funny because the players were laughing and forcing the intersection. I wrote on the chat that it was my trailer that is blocking and I need to get it out, but nobody seemed to give a damn. After all it is just a game. People are taking it way too seriously. It is not a competitive game, things like this can happen.

@horyatm I'm sick of reading "It's just a game". If that's how you think, use single player because that's just the game. This is MP, so "it's not just a game", it's a multi-player modification, you are sharing the server with lots of other players and you need to understand that many of those players may see the MP differently than you. As in any other massive online MP games, you need to respect the rules and all other players. People who don't are commonly known as trolls.

You seem to think that blocking others is just funny and nothing should happen to you, but like I say above, there are rules that you must read and accept before entering the server. I know that most people will just scroll and hit Submit without reading, but still, hitting Submit is like a signed agreement to those rules. In another topic, you wrote:

7 hours ago, horyatm said:

I always go as fast as it goes. No matter the road, the highway, the intersections. I take any risk only to go fast

Which once again shows that you don't understand what ETS2 and MP is about. You may want to check other games, like Assetto Corsa, Need for Speed, Project Cars or similar ones. But if you keep playing like this, I can't see a great future for you in TruckersMP. Sooner rather than later, you'll be involved in "accidents" caused by your reckless driving. And that is bannable, like it or not. And in case you don't know, after a number of bans in a given time, you receive a permanent one, meaning that you are left out of the MP for good.

Think about it. It's your decission after all. But don't forget that "It's funny" and "It's just a game" will not save you.

Hey 

As here said a lots of people ,is true that at Calais-Duisburg road is players enought ,who violation the TMP rules ;(( 

Unfortunately, then must be reportér

Best Regards 

RedWolfTV_TMP

• 2 weeks later...

Archived