Is it a "must" to slow down and let other player cut me off?

Green079

Question

8 answers to this question

Not necessarily. What you shouldn't do is speed up. It's that that could get you banned. It all boils down to common sense, in the end. If someone is overtaking you and your speed is decent (not too fast), then it is fine to keep that speed steady and keep your lane, in most cases. But it is also important that you evaluate the traffic ahead of you so you can have an idea of whether or not the player who's passing you will be able to complete the overtake safely or not. You need to know to evaluate that so you can tell whether or not you should slow down (if you are going too fast you should slow down anyway) to facilitate his/her maneuver or not. Either way, slow down will always be helpful to someone who's overtaking you, especially in more crowded areas. Though overtake in such locations is usually forbidden, your chances of contributing to causing an accident are reduced if you slow down and keep your lane.

Technically speaking, you can't really be banned for not slowing down for someone to pass you. When they choose to overtake, the responsibility of that maneuver is mostly on their shoulders, not yours. What lies on your shoulders is just whether or not you want to make life easier for that player. However, if you speed up when someone is trying to pass you and as a result, that person causes an accident because he/she could not pass you in time before meeting traffic in the opposite direction or something else similar resulting from you increasing your speed, then yes, you would be in big risk of receiving a ban for reckless driving. Though it would depend on the situation. Assuming that would happen, the Game Moderator would watch the evidence a couple times to evaluate the chances of success of the player overtaking you, how far away oncoming traffic was, what speed said player was traveling at and how fast you were going in relation to that player. If the GM concludes that the reported player (in this case, the one who tried to overtake but failed and caused an accident) caused the incident in part because you wouldn't let him pass, there is a chance that you could be penalized for either contributing or causing the problem. This may vary from GM to GM and from situation to situation, though. You could be banned for reckless driving or just receive a warning, or nothing at all. But it's better not to risk it, you know.

Best thing is to always be on the safe side and facilitate for others to pass you. If you are doing 120 KM/h or more, I recommend you slow down to 100 or 90 if someone tries to pass you and you can tell there is no traffic coming the other way or that it is far enough for that person to pass you safely. If they cut in too close to you, then slow down even more so you can gain a safe distance from the person. If you are doing 90 or 80 KM/h, then you probably won't have to worry about slowing down to let them pass. Just keep your speed and lane steady. Slow down to gain distance if they cut in too close in front of you, though. You don't want to risk accidentally ramming them. Not that you would be punished for that, though, but let's face it... no one wants to have a crash. Especially in busy roads.

You might want to take a look at this little guide on how to overtake and be overtaken properly:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • True Story 1

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

No, but when somebody is overtaking you and you accelerate on purpose so he can't get back to his lane then you may face a penalty (Failing to yield, blocking on purpose). it is nice to speed down a little so the other driver has a chance to overtake you. Either hold your speed or slow down.

Ex: You're driving with constant 90 km/h and someone is overtaking you and intentionally cuts you off then it's cleary his fault and not yours. If you see someone coming from the opposite site and the guy overtaking keeps going then it's the best to slow down. But if you hold your speed and an accident happens then the guy overtaking is at fault.

Just my opinion.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Hello,

If your speed is below 90 km / h, you have to give way to the players who are overtake you.

• If you're riding at 90 km/h, it is nice to speed down a little so the other driver has a chance to overtake you.

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

Thanks Mike Dragon!

Here is the reason why im asking about this.

A month ago, I was reported the player in the video who rammed me, but got declined and keep saying the accident is on me, coz im didnt slowing down and let him cut in.

So what make me confused is am I the only option to aviod the accident? He totally can slow down and get back to the lane wait for the chance or just follow cause im not driving slow like 90km/h...

In my view, when I'm doing overtake, and I recognize that player didnt slowing down and not letting me in, I will slow down and get back to the lane, I never force anyone to let me overtake.

• Like 1