Bans for Useless Traffic

Scania LTD l Top Bloke

Good Morning/Afternoon All 

Hope you are all well

So this is a topic I've been questioning whether to do or not but recently it came to my attention the amount of trucks driving around without a trailer now this isn't a problem on any highways or around towns this does raise question to why they seem to always only be around Calais, Lillie, Rotterdam, Duisburg and other extremely popular areas. They all seem to drive the exact same ways and i'm sure end up in the exact same place...CD Road...

I decided to investigate this theory by physically driving CD-Road and following a few people with no trailer and majority of them ended up on CD Road. 

Repeatedly driving to and from an area of high population with no aim other than to cause more traffic. Parking or stopping in areas of high population for no reason. This applies to areas with 25+ users. Using the designated car parks is fine when there is low traffic in the area.

Now at no point am I saying the admins aren't doing enough or doing a good job but this does seem to be a less recognised rule, you could see heaps of trucks without trailers driving along this road a night and no one thinks back to the rule plastered on the Truckers-MP website.

This is a rule on the Truckers-MP website yet doesn't seem to get noticed by anyone. To be honest any truck driving on CD Road without a trailer serves no purpose being there. They only cause more traffic and more problems. I hate how this road gets abused for YouTube content its honestly so boring watching the same road driven by the same people the content really becomes dry but this isn't a rant about those YouTube videos if anything I personally do find them funny yet really boring and repetitive. However the only reason why this topic was brought to my attention was due to the amount of people without a trailer hitting me. I cant say I've driven CD Road in a while purely because of this spike in road crashes but whilst driving anywhere near these popular areas i.e the the bridge that turns onto CD Road in between Rotterdam and Brussel, there is like a 95% that someone will cut you up and hit you! and this before you've even entered CD Road. 

At the end of the day i'm sick of dishing out constant repair bills simply because these idiots cant drive properly. There not picking up trailers, there not travelling from Calais to Duisburg to meet a mate they are there to be an issue. 

FYI when server pops are low like 1000-2000 players I couldn't care less but this idiotic behaviour really picks up towards the 3000-4000 player mark and I feel its been tucked under the rug and not addressed. 

Thank You for taking the time to read this topic I hope it all makes sense, if not feel free to tag/quote what you don't understand and comment below, ill be sure to reply to it as soon as I can :)

Regards 

Top Bloke

Kind Regards,

Top Bloke | Scania LTD Director 

Theres a few things here. Cars would fall under this rule too as there is no purpose for a car to drive up and down CD road. 

The problem is with people who have single trucks you can't prove that their intention is to be useless traffic, They could simply be following the sat nav to pick up their next trailer. and the route could quite simply be on a part of the CD road

You say that your sick and tired of the CD road so why do you continue to use it? Just drive to the places you haven't been to before. There some pretty amazing scenery in other areas and I only drive on the CD road probably once a month (if I'm lucky)

Repair bills? Did you know if you load up a previous autosave that loads you into a save of a previous state. By doing this if you get crashed into you avoid the repair bill for your truck. You could also consider using the /fix command which fixes your truck for free.

With banning for useless traffic this would most likely be a last resort. Not all rules listed are subject to a ban in the first instance, Generally useless traffic gets a warning not to drive CD again if they are spotted later then a kick would be necessary, If they continue to then go back onto CD then they could be subject to a ban.

What I would add aswell if you feel this rule is under moderated that you could make a feedback ticket explaining you feel the rule gets brushed under the rug as you said. 
Create a ticket here: https://truckersmp.com/feedback/create

Hope this clarifies some things for you.

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

I completely agree with the above.

Banning is extreme although I'd be in favour of it as there's a very low chance they're going to pickup a trailer. Perhaps, if they're also being reckless etc the fact that they are 'useless traffic' should increase the ban length more.

As it stands, from my perspective the punishment system doesn't defer people from rule breaking (but that's a whole other issue).

At the end of the day, useless traffic is a rule which never gets enforced even kicking/TPR'ing players when the traffic gets overcrowded would be a substantial help.

As @DJ Jefferz said though "You say that your sick and tired of the CD road so why do you continue to use it?". Anyone that drives there knows the risks.

I agree with DJ Jefferz :)

Also what Official Simulator has said is not a problem either, you are never waiting in the queue for very long and often there is not a queue at all :)

Everyone knows by now what the C-D road is like and its only one road in the entire game, if your sick of it just drive somewhere else :)

C-D road is only one road for game mods too, yes its the busiest road but there is a still the rest of the map and reports for game mods to deal with so having them watching C-D the whole time to kick and ban useless traffic would be a waste of time and not really solve much.

C-D traffic wise is not as bad as it was last year, last summer there was traffic jams going back to the railway crossing from the junction almost every day but now that does not happen as much as last year so useless traffic is not as big an issue as it was then.

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

@Killua // Ireland ^_^ Summer is not here yet... Wait a couple of weeks. I'm not concerned because I stopped using that road a long time ago, but you can bet that it will be probably worse than last summer. There are more slots for people to join and many players who were permanent banned will be coming back (or at least trying and many of them probably succeeding) now that they can delete their banned accounts and create new ones.

As for the subject, like I said I'm not specially concerned, 300-400 players like to be trolled on that road, so be it. But I must agree (from what I used to see back in the day) that the "Useless traffic" rule seems to be ignored most of the time. Maybe it's just because it's too difficult to enforce it, but anyways, it can raise lots of doubts like the one posted in this thread.

to me, bobtailing from Calais to D-burg to pick a trailer up in D-burg isn't useless as your trip has a purpose, driving from Calais up the CD turning round then driving back to calais, then turning around again IS certainly questionable. 

Repair bills? Did you know if you load up a previous autosave that loads you into a save of a previous state. By doing this if you get crashed into you avoid the repair bill for your truck. You could also consider using the /fix command which fixes your truck for free.

I never even knew about that, does that also work on the trailer too?

1 hour ago, Explore Transport said:

I never even knew about that, does that also work on the trailer too?

/fix command doesn't work on the trailer as far as I know, but loading auto save or quick save before damage is working on both truck and trailer.

I'm using quick save very often, just assign some easy to access key instead of "Scroll Lock" which I think is default quick save key.

I appreciate the feedback all!!!

Looking back at what I said I do also feel a ban would be quite heavy, quite frankly I feel I was just more so annoyed at the fact I got hit like 10 min prior but anyways 

Where a lot of the things said are absolutely true some comments can be broken down and more so looked at.

18 hours ago, DJ Jefferz said:

The problem is with people who have single trucks you can't prove that their intention is to be useless traffic, They could simply be following the sat nav to pick up their next trailer. and the route could quite simply be on a part of the CD road

I tested this theory by setting the GPS to 'Best' / 'Shortest' / 'Small Roads' from a few different locations that involve CD road. From what I found I think only 2-3 out of about 30 different routes to different locations went through CD road either with or without a trailer. These were through 'Shortest' and 'Small Roads' Best tends to take you on main roads like highways but to the point. Picking CD road is a choice many choose as it's the most player interaction on the entire map, no where else will you find 50+ people in your general area at once. 

"They could simply be following the sat nav to pick up their next trailer. and the route could quite simply be on a part of the CD road" 

This is very unlikely however there is no way of proving it like you said.

You say that your sick and tired of the CD road so why do you continue to use it?

I'm sure I stated I only drive around the road and not specifically on it. Few times I have but I cant say on the daily. 

I actually never thought of using auto saves, actually not a bad idea might use in the future

Also the /fix command does require a cool-down in between uses so that is the only down fall to it.

17 hours ago, Rev. said:

At the end of the day, useless traffic is a rule which never gets enforced even kicking/TPR'ing players when the traffic gets overcrowded would be a substantial help.

Couldn't agree with this statement more, simply kicking useless traffic (yes this should involve cars as they do physically not serve a purpose very very few caravans go through CD road, but then again we cant prove this.) is an easy solution.

14 hours ago, Explore Transport said:

to me, bobtailing from Calais to D-burg to pick a trailer up in D-burg isn't useless as your trip has a purpose, driving from Calais up the CD turning round then driving back to calais, then turning around again IS certainly questionable. 

Theoretically you are still useless traffic though as there are other routes that would allow you to get their faster, with all the traffic on the road the constant stopping puts on more time then you'd probably think.

I will more then likely go through and edit a few things I've said in this however for the time I feel what I said has responded to some responses. 

Regards 

Top Bloke 

Kind Regards,

I understand where you are coming from - and often, those without trailers are the ones you also see overtaking recklessly due to their wealth of power however ban's are too extreme.

As said above, there is no way of proving that someone is useless traffic without checking their route, and that is all local to the game.

^^ There's a way, but like I said, it's probably too hard to make it work. Someone would need to be watching the start and end of the road, for "repeating" vehicles. Any vehicles going up-down more than once are probably useless, players who only want to be driving on that road, for "funny moments" or "idiots on the road" videos, or even to be trolling others. But with the huge amount of players, hunting those vehicles seems almost impossible, unless you put a whole team of GMs assigned only to that task.

All in all, the only solution is to NOT go on that road. It's completely avoidable, no matter where you're coming from or where you're going to, there are alternative routes a lot faster and quieter, taking that road means losing time and looking for troubles, unless it's the EU#1 server or those hours when the EU#2 server has less than 1000 players (and I'm not sure about the latter). The GPS, with its default settings, will avoid that road. You need to change it, like @Top Bloke (AUS) said, or simply ignore it, to make your route go there.

What amazes me is how so many people say "Banning someone for useless traffic is too harsh". Why? It's a rule so it's supposed to be taken into consideration and obeyed, someone who breaks the rules knowingly, IMO, must be banned, no matter if the rule is ramming, blocking, hacking or useless traffic.

The rule should just be altered instead of making it difficult for admins.

Admins shouldn't have to watch for repeating traffic. Anyone that has read the rules knows it exists and therefore if the traffic situation gets bad in an area like C-D where it's pretty clear they're not driving to pick-up cargo then they should at least be kicked.

After all what's the point of having a rule which you can't or barely use. A simple revision to change it from repeating traffic to areas of dense traffic e.g. 75+ (out  of city limits) would change everything and definitely reduce the complaining from players. Even if someone wanted to desperately drive there it's a case of just picking up a trailer/caravan randomly like most people do anyway.

At the end of the day also. Being an Admin apart of the TruckersMP team is all volunteer work so it isn't compulsory that they do a specific thing at a specific time. Yeah they probably have a certain amount of hours that they must be active for a specific jobs like in-game watching, forum watching, website reports etc. However none of it compulsory like I said it's all volunteer work so they can not be forced to do anything or in this scenario specifically watch either end CD-Road that would have to be their choice. :( which should be a choice they make more often but i'm not here and aren't going to tell them how to play their role. 

Kind Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived