Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Real time map

toastedkebab

Suggestion Name: Real-time map

Suggestion Description: In-game real-time player location

Any example images: http://ets2map.com/ (this map, in the game)

Why should it be added? Well, you can check on it and see what is ahead of you, how many trucks and alternative routes to take in case of traffic,

this can be on the minimap or whenever you press M, so the old map showing direction is replaced with a live one
this would be helpful because you can see the densely populated areas and you might want to avoid those areas, and also cause you can join any ongoing convoys you see on the map.
it is also helpful, it lets you know the exact place where a friend is, for meetups.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

I like the sound of this idea, however I imagine it could cause some performance issues for those on low spec PC's.

Certainly something that would be handy for looking where to drive.

+1 to this suggestion :) 

We can't use the beacons beacause another users/players have a low end pc and You wana add an interactive map to the game..

You say: "We can use the letter "M"... Ok but why You don't use [Shift] + [TAB] and go to the website http://ets2map.com/ to see where are the another players?
The idea sounds good but no.

"You seemed like the ,,veteran” that knows everything. Not like a war veteran, just a guy that was long enough to know how it works"

I like the idea, sounds like it has potential, clearing up some things above, low end of users, if they add a option to enable this map in the tab menu then it wouldn’t have a issue, if you can’t handle it, don’t enable it.

Map maybe showed colour for how busy a certain road is, EG c-d would be red all the time, maybe orange off peak times. This allows people to still click on the map and set routes, I see where you were coming from Arctic.

+1 from me, sounds handy as!

Signature Coming Soon

• 1 month later...

A real time map sounds like a good idea, but for low end PCs, it will run too slowly to be updated in real time.

Instead, it may be better to update it say once every 10 seconds. You could update it in blocks of IDs. 

Say players with ids 1 to 400 are updated in the first second. Players 401 to 800 in the next. So on.

This would help prevent some of the desync and update lag on low end PCs, and still provide the players with valuable traffic information.

+1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...