Fast Acceleration

Virouz

Question

Sometimes, you come by drivers that have trucks with really fast acceleration. So my question is, How do they do it? Do they code their game to achive the fast acceleration? I have tried editing the cargo_mass of the cargo im delivering, but no big difference in the acceleration comes out of it

10 answers to this question

Hello,

they change the engine or gearbox from one truck to another truck.(e.g. 750Hp Volvo Engine with Scania Gearbox on a DAF truck)

Hello,

Currently there is a speed limit of 150 km / h except for the EU1 server. In addition, the following factors also affect your speed.

• Your Trailer Weight.
  • Your Truck Engine.
  • Your Truck Gearbox.
  • Your internet.
  • Your tires.

Best regards.

Sincerely,
AdaBey

Former TruckersMP Game Moderator

Support of the Year 2018

Official Rules Official Turkish Rules | Support Ticket | Steam How to become a Game Moderator?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SometimesTheUglyTruthCanBeBeautiful

Nothing last forever.

It's a combination of multiple factors. First is weight. Second is the type of gearbox. Third is engine power and last is shifting mode. When you are lightweight, you don't need many gears so the 6 gear gearbox is probably best for this (never tested this myself). Manual shifting is the best if you know the perfect RPM to shift. With an H shifter you can also skip gears. When using an automatic gearbox, you probably need to turn on adaptive shifting and set it to high power mode. But this won't skip gears so you always lose some acceleration compared to manual shifting, as acceleration always halts while changing gears. To get the best combination of engine and gearbox, save editing or Forerunner's Additional Customization mod (currently outdated) might be required.

• Upvote 1

Hello.
Ther could be several reasons behind it everything from lag/desync to ther savegame edited it could also depend on the truck model and engine and gearbox combined, i don't really know the exact way everyone is doing it but if you go deep into Ets2 or Ats files ther are files that decide the acceleration of trucks and most likely these are the onest that they have changed if so.
The files i am talking about should be as a dev of Ets2 said below, (just wanna say it wont be easy to change these files)

The ratios are stored in /def/vehicle/truck/<brand>/transmission/<accessory>.sii in the def.scs file.

The only thing i could find regarding something like that is this but i am not really sure what truckersmp feel about this so i would'nt recommend it or atleast ask an admin first and you can do that here, i belive it would be alright as it is sort of save editing.

I hope this answer's you'r question, if so please let us know by marking the best answer and if not then let us know tru text.

Regards Rasmus(SWE)

image.png.a6a307d963f66b70d9bbc05ad8c0f806.png Since November 21, 2014

image.png.8dda56c1044eaadc5aa516fcf7e98c9f.png Since November 21, 2019

Dear @Virouz,

Multiple answers have been given. 
Are you satisfied with current answers and is your problem solved now
Please, let us know!

Kind regards,
MHT

5 hours ago, Rasmus [SWE] said:

Hello.
Ther could be several reasons behind it everything from lag/desync to ther savegame edited it could also depend on the truck model and engine and gearbox combined, i don't really know the exact way everyone is doing it but if you go deep into Ets2 or Ats files ther are files that decide the acceleration of trucks and most likely these are the onest that they have changed if so.
The files i am talking about should be as a dev of Ets2 said below, (just wanna say it wont be easy to change these files)

The only thing i could find regarding something like that is this but i am not really sure what truckersmp feel about this so i would'nt recommend it or atleast ask an admin first and you can do that here, i belive it would be alright as it is sort of save editing.

I hope this answer's you'r question, if so please let us know by marking the best answer and if not then let us know tru text.

9 hours ago, Haulvoc said:

It's a combination of multiple factors. First is weight. Second is the type of gearbox. Third is engine power and last is shifting mode. When you are lightweight, you don't need many gears so the 6 gear gearbox is probably best for this (never tested this myself). Manual shifting is the best if you know the perfect RPM to shift. With an H shifter you can also skip gears. When using an automatic gearbox, you probably need to turn on adaptive shifting and set it to high power mode. But this won't skip gears so you always lose some acceleration compared to manual shifting, as acceleration always halts while changing gears. To get the best combination of engine and gearbox, save editing or Forerunner's Additional Customization mod (currently outdated) might be required.

Appropriate answers given, and as above, I assume your question is now answered.

Thanks for your participations.

Cheers,

Frosty

/Locked & moved to Solved.