What Do You Think About An Open/Closed Beta/Alpha Group

Farm Shark

Hi! Recently, I posted in the Q&A section on whether or not they will implement an alpha or beta testing group to alleviate the time it would take the staff to test new bug fixes and features by opening small (~100 players) groups to test the new builds of the mod. This would give more time for the developers to make new additions and fix bugs and for the staff members to do their respective jobs more often. The answer I received was that they had no plans for it right now but they also said that it MAY be implemented in the future without saying that it was a definite thing that it was going to be implemented. Hopefully, it will be implemented. :rolleyes:I was just wondering how many players would actually want this to be implemented and what your thoughts are on this. 

1 hour ago, Pillow_ said:

The new builds of the mod are most of the time tested by either upper staff, or the whole team. With the team expending every day, I don't think there's any need for a group like this.

Just to clarify, I am not talking about another division of truckersmp such as game moderators, community moderators, etc. I am talking about a group of players that will change for each new build of the mod similar to how SCS does their beta testing groups where you can be a part of it without being part of the SCS company.

Looking at this logically TMP would probably want to implement some kind of ISP policy to make sure the "beta testers" don't leak information about upcoming releases. I doubt they would implement a team of like 100 people into TMP but it would be a difficult thing to run as someone would need to be given the role to maintain the active testers ETC. 

At the moment what Pillow is saying is that the existing team does sometimes get to test upcoming builds to feedback any major bugs etc but it would probably be a while before such an Idea like yours is implemented because of the complexity. 

Also, what you should do to this topic is add a poll to help TMP see the interest in this. if it becomes popular then maybe post it in the suggestions section. https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/285-suggestions/

76561198156098217.png || status.png|| tbdl

Currently: 169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.3799d5821e5418f1e7f90e9025c25f07.png || 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf850be00b4f1801f75c0617ad2.png || 1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).png.4b44684b362beaaf0d467874cc636b90.png
Former: 320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab994248e1702aca34608fe9fef.png || role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d1c00c4aa0.png || 1919628800_role_ForumModerator.png.731ed19b45f1a4578f523eb15a14e464.png || 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0bdc461dcc23eb1025208aa6b8c4.png

6 hours ago, Farm Shark said:

Just to clarify, I am not talking about another division of truckersmp such as game moderators, community moderators, etc. I am talking about a group of players that will change for each new build of the mod similar to how SCS does their beta testing groups where you can be a part of it without being part of the SCS company.

I was talking about this aswell. The team tests stuff if needed. There is no need for an extra team of beta testers.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

18 hours ago, DJ Jefferz said:

Looking at this logically TMP would probably want to implement some kind of ISP policy to make sure the "beta testers" don't leak information about upcoming releases. I doubt they would implement a team of like 100 people into TMP but it would be a difficult thing to run as someone would need to be given the role to maintain the active testers ETC. 

At the moment what Pillow is saying is that the existing team does sometimes get to test upcoming builds to feedback any major bugs etc but it would probably be a while before such an Idea like yours is implemented because of the complexity. 

Also, what you should do to this topic is add a poll to help TMP see the interest in this. if it becomes popular then maybe post it in the suggestions section. https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/285-suggestions/

Ok. Good point, but how do add a poll? I am kinda new here to the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived