Open/Closed Beta/Alpha Groups

Farm Shark

Question

Hi! I was wondering if it is possible for you to implement beta or alpha testing groups whether it is a closed or open beta/alpha so that players can test upcoming content (that has already been announced of course) or upcoming bug fixes. This would alleviate some stress and time off of your developers and testers by having some of the community participate. Beta/alpha testers do not need to receive anything in return (because most would just be happy to participate), but,  if possible, it would be nice to either have recognition through a blog or forum post or have a badge on the profile similar to the member badge already on our profiles.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

As far as I am concerned, there are currently no plans that I know of which would include a group like this. Generally, not the developers are the ones testing but the team is. At least the Upper Staff gets the chance to have a look at something big before it gets released to ensure there are no unnoticed major issues. In that sense, if you just want to get a fancy badge to be recognised, you should apply for a vacant position to join the team ;)

However, even though there are no plans now, it does not imply that this could not be a thing in the future. There is currently quite a lot going on but having removed the Translator rank recently makes us think twice before adding any new ranks to the staff team or to the community in general. Hopefully, this is understandable.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Community Manager

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.