Allowed to follow speed limits and road rules on EU#2 to EU#4 or not ???

McDodge34 [FR QC]

I'm just curious, are we allowed to follow all the road rules and speed limits on theses 3 servers (EU#2 to EU#4), it seems whenever I play on theses I get constant problems with people honking, swearing, crashing into my truck because I respect the road rules, speed limits and traffic signs, people seems to be annoyed that someone plays a simulation driving game the way it should be, usually I keep playing on EU#1 because of this, I know on EU#1, there's generally no problems with that, but its very empty at most times and I feel lonely.

And 2nd question, is there anyone that does respect road rules, speed limits and road signs on theses servers, it seems like 99% of people are speed demons on wheels that think this game is GTA or Need For Speed with Wreckfest mod on it.

76561198104067447.png

People are mostly like to play in server 2 and 3
there are no speed limit (150 locked) in Eu 2,3

Lot of peoples feel better in high speed, thats not a fault, but if anyone make a accident or bad thing (use slang,cb abuse) you can report him/her,
for report you can use http://truckersmp.com/reports 
*Remember: For reports you should use any type of evidence like Picture,Videos.

hey,

I always play the game as a simulator because thats what it is. There will always be people who come on and want to cause chaos, it is like most games nowadays you'll always have those thats sole purpose is to come on and cause trouble. 1 thing i have learned with my time playing TMP is always make sure you record your driving so that anyone who crashes into can be reported with evidence, the 2nd is learn to take a deep breath i.e. if someone wants to try and dangerously overtake me instead of getting annoyed i slow down and move to the side of the road, this also shows any MOD that i tried everything to avoid a crash. You have to remember not every driver in the came is out to cause bother, the vast majority of people feel the same as you. TMP team are always working hard to make the game more enjoyable for everyone and cut down on the amount of people trolling.

With that said i hope you continue enjoying your trucking.

I am one of those who feel exactly the same as you. I've been even threatened to be reported for blocking, because I was following the 60 Km/h limit on a German rural road. I moved to the EU#1 server when the no-damage cheats were forbidden, came back to EU#2 when the 150 Km/h limit was implemented, thinking that it would be a lot better, but... It has improved only in the way that cars can't go at 250 Km/h like most of them used to do. It's quite annoying, having to cancel so many jobs (I only do WoT external contracts) because of reckless idiots that apparently can't go slower than 150 even when they can't even keep their trucks/cars within a lane.

That's when @Speedy_TMP words come to play. Shadowplay ready, I may lose a couple of hours of gameplay because I had to cancel my job, but the responsible will lose several days. I've been around since 2014 and still can't understand those players who pick the most powerful trucks to haul save-edited trailers, as light as possible, so they can go full speed everywhere. If I want to drive fast, I've got plenty of other games that allow me to do that. Unfortunately, I can't agree with: "the vast majority of people feel the same as you". I believe that the vast majority of people play this game as if it's a race. Based on what I see everyday. Out of 200-300 other players, maybe 10-15 are driving sensibly, the rest are going as fast as they can.

For everyone, maybe I should add this, I use plays.tv to record any incidents a quick key press and last 2 minutes are ready to be used for a report, and I'm usually streaming on my totally empty twitch channel (I don't speak a lot I prefer to concentrate on the road maybe its why I don't get subs but its another subject) but I also fear to report because the new report system, if an admin is a friend of the offender, they may decline my report and I get bad status from that, its been awhile since I've done a report, maybe time to hit the road and get some reports done, perhaps that could help. Strangely when I drive on EU#1, I don't get many incidents, but there's no one on the road so perhaps that can explain this

I want to know also if someone can clear things up, I have a ping between 120 and 160 on most EU servers (being in Canada), can I cause problems with this, I've seen a bunch with pings of 200 that glitched everywhere but I don't think it ever happened to me. When I see other drivers, 90% seems to be alright on my side.

76561198104067447.png

if you obey the road laws, there's NOTHING the mods can or will do as you are doing what you're meant to do.

I WAS REPORTED for blocking whilst merging with traffic, had turn signal on and was slowly filtering to the left as i was in Duisburg.  (no brain needed to guess where I was going!) - Nothing came of the report and I am in the clear.  didn't get reported whilst I cruised along the C-D at 60km/h, in fact it I have found that although it causes traffic to queue behind me, some are quite content to sit there as for one if you drive at that speed you can stop quickly for the idiot doing a banzai past a line of trucks, yes I have seen people tray and go for 10 trucks at once.  Brave, Stupid and just not needed.  Not only that, but cruising at 60km/h you can actually cover that section of road pretty swiftly as you don't end up having to F7 back to D'Burg, Lille or Calais.

Record your trips and put them on Youtube, Vimeo, or FB if it will allow a 2 hour video.  make a note of any time stamp incident if you are involved, that way if the in game report fails you can use the web-report and get a result, pointing out the key factors needed.  I did this after a gameside report failed and got a rightly issued ban against the idiot who came around a BLIND BEND overtaking 2 other vehicles and barrelled straight into me.  The said driver's 5 day ban should have expired by now, whether it teaches him to slow down I dont know.  probably not.

a 200 ping, you're best going to one of the quieter servers like EU1 or USA server.

I advise you go EU #1 server or don't go to D-C road because players on the D-C road love much high speed and outside players on the d-c road usually carry online jobs(WoT) and max speed 90 km/h.

also

I follow the speed/light rules

I used to follow all traffic rules in MP but now I only do it in SP. In MP I still drive with the speedlimiter enabled but I don't always slow down when the game wants me to. This is just because I prefer driving on a heavily crowded server rather than a deserted one. I might be entitled to follow traffic rules, but it's not worth the hassle anymore. People behind you will start honking and flashing their high beams and eventually cause chaos with badly timed overtaking. My CB is disabled but I'm sure it would be worse when I had it on. MP is just more relaxing this way. However, I do yield when there are yield signs. Or when there are no signs and traffic is coming from the right on an equal road. Some traffic lights are obsolete without AI traffic, so I do occasionally ignore them when there's traffic behind me. Contrary to two posts above; the mods can do something when you are going 60 on the C-D road and it's causing a long line behind you. They might ask you to speed up or teleport you to a service station. But I have seen this happening only a couple of times.

^^ I don't see why any GM should ask me or anyone else to drive faster than 60 on a 60 limited road when they are not asking others to drive slower than 150... And teleporting or kicking a player because he/she is driving by the rules should never be done. Unless that player is doing less than 30 Km/h (at least, that's the rule in Spain, you shouldn't drive slower than half the speed limit on most roads, so speed limit=60, 40 should be OK, not all players are driving 700+ HP trucks and many can be hauling 20+ tons cargoes). If there's a queue in normal traffic (not after a jam), it's usually not because one player was driving slow, it's almost always because all others behind him/her were over-speeding. As long as they are moving, there's no blocking, so why should the sensible driver be punished?

There is absolutely noting wrong with driving the speed limits and obeying all the road rules on EU2, EU3 and EU4, If thats how  you want to play on those servers then of course you should if you choose to :) You will get some people who will honk, flash and maybe even insult or try to force their way past but not all the people who speed are like that, those that ram you out of the way or brake other TMP rules can be reported on the website if you have a recording :)

I see loads of people speeding but I also see a good amount going slower too on EU2 and its nice to have that mix of players :) You get that in real life too, the people who obey all the road rules and then those impatient people who speed, drive too close, overtake, cut in and honk and flash :P

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

8 hours ago, CHRISTINA said:

For players who like to obey the laws of transit in the game, the ideal is the server EU 1.

The other servers have the allowed speed of 150 km / h so it is not tasteful for those who want a perfect simulation. 

So just because I want to drive at the posted speed limit means I shouldn't play on the server?  I'm sorry but EU2 is not just for players to speed and race, it's a shared server for all players.  Regardless of what server someone plays on the TMP rules still require you to follow the rules of the road, so there is nothing wrong with those of us that want to follow the road rules.  

6 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

So just because I want to drive at the posted speed limit means I shouldn't play on the server?  I'm sorry but EU2 is not just for players to speed and race, it's a shared server for all players.  Regardless of what server someone plays on the TMP rules still require you to follow the rules of the road, so there is nothing wrong with those of us that want to follow the road rules.  

My centiments too.

We are playing a TRUCKING SIMULATION GAME not a race game.  And why should us sim stylers move server because others want to drive like they're playing Asseto Corsa?

Answer is we should not have to.

Of course, you're allowed to follow the traffic rules in every single server. It's a simulation and there won't be any kind of punishments for stopping at red lights or following the speed limits. However, if you're feeling that there are too many bad drivers on those servers, you can always try the EU1 server. I wish you safe journeys! :) 

Personally, I'm stuck between EU#1 and EU#2. I like to play EU#2 as there's generally a lot more people which adds more realism for me as I generally see other truckers a lot more often. However this can get overwhelming at places like Calais, but this is easily avoidable by taking a different route. Every route I take though always seems to have a "troller" whom is out to just ruin game play. This normally wouldn't bother me as I used to use my account with enough money on to repair my truck once damaged, however I started a new account the other day and having to repair really does mess up your money. One of the most annoying things is the people in cars who drive past you then Emergency Brake right in front of your cab so you take the damage. On top of this I report them but always seem to get the message of "No action was taken against User#XXXX". Of course an easy fix to this would be to just record or take a picture of the incident, but if you're like me you just cannot be bothered to report people on the website- it takes time and if I reported everyone who needed to be reported then i would spend around an hour after every journey on EU#2. I also generally thank people on the "non-simulation" servers who do respect others on the road. So this is my reason to switch servers from EU#2 to EU#1, however I still use EU#2 for events like convoys etc.

Anyway, its nice to know I'm not the only person, safe journeys ;)

^^ Really? You always follow road rules and drive around 60 mph on a road with 31-37-50 mph speed limits? :lol: And people gets mad at you because of that? Imagine what happened to me, the times I drove on that road, doing actually the posted speed limits. Enough to say that one of the reasons for me to stop using that road is that I had to spend more time sending reports of players who had rammed my truck than driving through it. This was back when reports had no "scoring" so I didn't need to worry about receiving "negatives" for sending reports about that road. Right now, I'd have to refrain from reporting or I'd get so many negatives that I'd be banned from the reporting system!

the CD is one of those roads. i think its the coastal scenery that was the initial attraction, its also one of the main roads that causes most of the reports, people who collide with somone whilst overtaking, then report the person they hit for ramming. 

to visualise this, players A B C and D are all heading southbound on the CD with A B and C obeying the speed limits with D charging along some distance behind but closing fast on C, whilst player E is heading north and obeying all posted speed limits and driving carefuully, approaching a blind bend, A and E slow down causing B and C to slow down too, as you would expect them to do, D on the otherhand has caught up with C and pulls out and charges to pass C, B and then A, then hits A and E as he dives into the gap between A and E.  in the resulting mess reports E for ramming and blocking. when in fact D has carried out a dangerous move. 

I wander if Admin could give us the statistics on this.

You are allowed to drive the road rules as much as you like. If the game says the road limit is 60 and you drive that and someone swears or rams you they are in the wrong. You are always allowed to follow game rules. Report people who harass you :) I sometimes do it on the CD road just to annoy the trolls on there :P

Archived