Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Speed limit bug

Nedash

Question

When i play ets2 in multiplayer on eu 2 server i cant go faster than 50 mph on my skoda because my speed limit in the setting always turns on automatically, When i turn the speed limit off and leave the setting and when i go back to the setting its turns on. im not connected to the WOT and in Mp settings my speed limiter is unchecked but not in the normal game settings. I tried to uninstall the game and install it again with truckers mp but it didnt help and also i tried with accounts that wasnt connected with the mods. When i play single player the speed limiter can be off but when i play multiplayer my speed limiter turns on by it self.

5 answers to this question

Hello,

Skoda gear-box is a known bug,TruckersMP hard work for that's bug fix.please wait patienly next updates.

also

please try to close the speed limit(90km/h) from the game files;

Just open C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\ and navigate into the folder of your current profile. Open 'config.cfg' with a Text Editor, 
search for the line "uset g_use_speed_limiter" and make sure to put a "0" next to it. Then save and close the config-file and check if your speed limiter keeps disabled now.

Hi there,

First off, if you are in a city, your speed will automatically be limited to 50mph. This is to reduce the amount of collisions and generally encourage safer driving.

Outside of cities, you can expect a maximum speed of 93mph. This is also to encourage better driving.

In order to answer your question, you may be driving in a city and therefore your speed is being limited.

Another cause of this may be due to the current bug with the Skodas. Please see the responses in this topic: 

Hope this helps :) 

Hello.
This is not a bug. I hope the following 2 points helps and answers your question/s and problem.

• MP automatically turns the speed limiter on as a global speed limiter whits you can read more aboute here
  • A similar question has also already been asked and you could find it here

Regards Rasmus(SWE)

image.png.a6a307d963f66b70d9bbc05ad8c0f806.png Since November 21, 2014

image.png.8dda56c1044eaadc5aa516fcf7e98c9f.png Since November 21, 2019