Add a "cooldown" time to every account that has been deleted

TWHOquestionmark

Suggestion Name: Add a "cooldown" time to every account that has been deleted

Suggestion Description: If someone deletes their account make it so they can't reactivate it for let's say a month.

Any example images: none

Why should it be added?:

Many people abuse the new "delete account" feature, and it makes them unbannable. You can basically delete your account once you are on the server and then only reactivate it for the login screens. This way it doesn't matter how you drive or whether you hack or not because you will never get banned, which is unfair for everyone else. A "cooldown" time would make it so even if you do delete your account you still can't play for a fair amount of time, which might not be the best solution, but still much better than the current situation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • True Story 2

I agree with you.  ex./ I want to report the players who hit me, but I'm having problems with the account being deleted and such...I mean, this is should be resolved as soon as possible

+1 I think it's a good idea because this helps stop the constant stream of new TMPIDs being created by so-called "former users" that have been deleted and then resurrected afterwards which will create a punishment of its own for trolls who think they can get away with it by deleting their accounts and starting afresh to then cause carnage. It will make the trolls think twice before deleting - whether they want to rather get only a few days' ban for ramming (while still getting to keep their accounts) or not being able to create a new account for a long time.

+1 It would be very easy to put that in, they should also link the bans to a steam id at the ban, making it so ban evading is impossible. (So you can link a steam id to a ban on web reports regardless if their tmp account is deleted or not. :))

Yes,This is nice suggestion,I agree with you."cooldown" is needed for each deleted account.So,it is a nice suggestion to forestall users who want to abuse system.

from me +1

+1 Definitely agree with you

The fact that people can play within TruckersMP, break the rules and leave the game and then delete their account avoiding a ban is pretty annoying. Perhaps there could be a system where reports are linked to their Steam ID, so no matter if they delete their account - that Steam ID can have the bans linked. Meaning if they remake their account, the ban is there and starts once the account is created? Not sure if that's possible but would be great to see.

Kind regards,

Ali.

TruckersMP Senior Support Manager

TruckersMP Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

remember we were staring up to those peaks on the horizon +x

+1 I am with you.
This feature will stop ban evaders and most importantly they will think 10 times before doing any troll or anything since now they have to or will have to wait for a month to join server back in case if they thought they will just pass the ban by deleting their account and making new one. 

A cooldown time is necessary but not sufficient.

5 hours ago, [VIVA] Ali said:

+1 Definitely agree with you

The fact that people can play within TruckersMP, break the rules and leave the game and then delete their account avoiding a ban is pretty annoying. Perhaps there could be a system where reports are linked to their Steam ID, so no matter if they delete their account - that Steam ID can have the bans linked. Meaning if they remake their account, the ban is there and starts once the account is created? Not sure if that's possible but would be great to see.

The bans are already linked to the steam ID because when someone deletes his account and creates a new one, the bans in the old account are switched to the new account.

A better way to get rid of scoundrels may be to disable deleting an account if that account is logged in-game, and add a STEAM_ID search option, because this ID doesn't change.

Due to a recent update, people who think they could outsmart the system and misuse it for its intended purpose will suffer the consequences for two weeks. In that sense, it has thankfully been added.

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.