Random Road-Events in Truckers MP...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was playing TMP when I will be closed random events, because a lot of time will be due to random incidents of traffic accidents, so I chose to close the random events, single mode when the open random events to play ETS2 :)

11 hours ago, wesleyr99 said:

These events greatly hinder travel in the MP

Aah, that's the beauty of them :D

Personally, I have them on in the default setting (low chance), mostly because most roads I go to are not populated enough, so to keep my interest high, I have them on. I normally can see an event at an optimal distance to safely change lanes (unless the area is high populated) so it's not a problem for me to have them on.

v1.png 

1 hour ago, TurklerRS said:

I have them on, what's the point of not having a little bit of spice every now and then? :)

Yeah, but what if you crash at someone? Guess that someone will have no clue that you're experiencing 'random event' and that's the tricky part of having random events on mp all the time. Since only you see them, you may cause an accident because of that and you're the one who's gonna be guilty, random events are not yet synchronized for everyone. ;) 

Just now, HV Trans Xris Driver said:

Yeah, but what if you crash at someone? Guess that someone will have no clue that you're expirencing 'random event' and that's the tricky part of having random events on mp all the time. Since only you see them and if you cause an accident, you're the one who's guilty, because random events are yet not synchronized for everyone. ;) 

Yes, that's true; random events are clientside, but could you clarify on what point you could get banned for it? For example, in a highway and a random event pops up in a way that I need to switch lanes. If the lane I need to switch to is occupied and the player isn't giving way, slow down and wait until he passes. If you get hit from behind, it's not exactly your fault, considering the player behind you did not had sufficient space to stop.

v1.png 

^

Just one example...I'm going to overtake you on the highway, but suddenly you cross my lane, you cut me off and we crash, guess I've got my rights to report you and I won't have a clue , neither I will care much about that you're having a random event meanwhile. Giving that example, so you can understand.. People may have random events on, but that's how they put themselves in risk of being recorded and reported, because of that random happening that anybody else can see.

1 minute ago, HV Trans Xris Driver said:

^

Just one example...I'm going to overtake you on the highway, but suddenly you cross my lane, you cut me off and we crash, guess I've got my rights to report you and I won't have a clue , neither I will care much about that you're having a random event meanwhile. Giving that example, so you can understand.. People may have random events on, but that's how they put themselves in risk of being recorded and reported, because of that random happening that anybody else can see.

That is right. In that case it is my fault because I didn't let you pass; however, in that example, me being banned was not because of the event, but was because I didn't give way. This was actually what I was talking about earlier. If you follow proper protocol in switching lanes, I don't think there's a way to get banned because of events. The only possible collision I can think of is being hit from behind after you stopped in the road, but even then, it shouldn't be your fault because you were the one that got hit.

v1.png 

Well, that's what we talk about dude. Some random events, especially if you are running on high speeds, may get you in some real troubles, if there's someone nearby. The one nearby won't be aware of what exactly's going on and if you lose control and cause accident, then it's all gonna be all your fault. You can write a ban appeal of course, but I really doubt that '''there was a random event, so I had to react asap'' may be a real excuse, if you are the cause of the accident. Anyway, that's my point of view though, so i'm turning off random events and there's no risk of hitting anyone because of them. :)

2 hours ago, HV Trans Xris Driver said:

Yeah, but what if you crash at someone? Guess that someone will have no clue that you're experiencing 'random event' and that's the tricky part of having random events on mp all the time. Since only you see them, you may cause an accident because of that and you're the one who's gonna be guilty, random events are not yet synchronized for everyone. ;) 

There are not 'many' random events that require you to go aganist traffic (I have seen 0 events that even required me to change lanes) Also, the entire ''you may cause an accident'' would imply every driver is a 9 year old kid who treats ETS2 as a Need for Speed game. Unlike you, some people do actually pay attention to the road. ;) 

In my opinion the random event should be left at least in the slider, because it does not adept to TMP, I have witnessed several people hitting on something that in my vision does not exist, would be something comical, but for me it is something tragic.

-Fallcon 

On 19/06/2018 at 2:38 PM, [VIVA] Arctic Wolf said:

Hello, 

In my opinion I feel like they should be taken out of the game reason why? I was driving and I ran into a random road event that was left in the middle of the road and their was someone in the left lane of me I turn to get in left and I needed up crashing into him. He says "on my screen I dont see anything but the road"  so that's my opinion.

Best regards 

-dFuZe

If you are on MP you might want to turn them off in gameplay settings ingame and on the scroll bar make it to the dull left. 

I have my MP account like that so no issues can happen on MP but in single player can still enjoy he random events.

1 hour ago, SuperMouse said:

If you are on MP you might want to turn them off in gameplay settings ingame and on the scroll bar make it to the dull left. 

I have my MP account like that so no issues can happen on MP but in single player can still enjoy he random events.

Yes, i actually haven't been seeing any road events since I turned it off which is a good thing they sure do cause crashes. 

Stay happy and safe

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SharpVTC - Andrew - Drive said:

In my opinion i think that random events should be synced to all players to make the game even more realistic and not see people crashing into invisible walls

Was about the post the same answer. I like random events, because you have to pay extra attention on the road. 

Unfortunately in MP the only thing they cause is trouble. Having these events synced would solve this problem.

For now I have them disabled.

On 19.6.2018 at 3:30 PM, Hanzwurst said:

In my options I set my Random-Road-Events to max. What do you thing about Road-Events. Should be there on option for all players? :tmp:

Well in my opinion it is kinda useless and causes a lot of accidents which i can confirm. Luckily i was recording when a few accidents happened due to the random road events. In my opinion it should be sync'd or completely removed. Like you won't really know if the person intentionally driving towards you has to dodge the road event or not.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Archived