Random Road-Events in Truckers MP...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@HamizanArfa The problem is the same as with the weather: The frequency of the random events is a local setting, players can set it higher or lower and it doesn't affect to others' games. The only way to synchronize them would be by hard-coding the MP mod so it overrides the local setting, changing it for a fixed value. And many players would not like this, like it happened before with the weather.

@TheCreepyTruckr Your guess is as good as mine. And mine is that players who like to go pedal to the metal don't like the reduced vissibility that rainy weather implies. Myself, I have the rain probability set to 0, because I prefer driving with the best viewing distance available, it allows me to spot those NFS fans from further away. I'd also love that those things were synchronized. Not only weather and the random events, but trailer stability, braking intensity as well. But... The flood of complaints from the childish NFS fans would be unbearable. With random rain, random road obstacles, fixed (and lower than default) trailer stability, fixed (and lower than default) braking intensity, they would be unable to use the roads as a giant racing circuit.

I think they should be disabled altogether in MP unless there's a way to sync them across all players, but then players who don't want the random events will be left with no choice but to have them. 

• The random road events, like many people have said, should be disabled. Not only are they not synced, some of the events do not actually show up in MP. For example, I will see the hazard triangle, but nothing else. Or two people, with no car next to them, and I crash into something invisible. Even though I say this, I will still have them set to max as they make the roads interesting.

I think that random road events should be removed in MP because it raises the danger for many drivers. Sudden stops on the road are turning a big road upside down. It creates traffic and annoys people. I recommend that someone who wants to see frequent road events play in singleplayer mode.Must be completely removed.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:30 AM, Hanzwurst said:

Hey guys,

In my options I set my Random-Road-Events to max. What do you thing about Road-Events. Should be there on option for all players? :tmp:

My opinion changes from multiplayer to single player. 

Multiplayer:
I'd have them turned down super low. Because the road work ones people drive right through so it's not really legit. 

Single player: I have them turned all the way up to make it more realistic. 

I was surprised to see them on the road when it came up with the first update. But it's closed now. Because I don't like them. :check:

I hate the road events, it is also the cause for the many accidents especially the people who are in the middle of the road and you think to avoid them but it is not so, I put it low 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived