Random Road-Events in Truckers MP...

Hey guys,

In my options I set my Random-Road-Events to max. What do you thing about Road-Events. Should be there on option for all players? :tmp:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, 

In my opinion I feel like they should be taken out of the game reason why? I was driving and I ran into a random road event that was left in the middle of the road and their was someone in the left lane of me I turn to get in left and I needed up crashing into him. He says "on my screen I dont see anything but the road"  so that's my opinion.

Best regards 

-dFuZe

Stay happy and safe

^

Yeah I feel you :D ... When you go into the middle of the street and the other person in front of you doesn`t see this Event he thinks that you would troll him. This is a huge problem

Yes I agree with you guys, having random events on the MultiPlayer is causing more problems than anything else, as you have mentioned 1 player will see a random event in the middle of the road whereas the other players do not and this in turn causes problems and possible crashes. I at the moment always make sure i record my driving so that if such an accident happens i have video evidence on my screen that shows that i had a random event in game.

I think that is better turn off events on the road,because on C-D road is dangerous about for some accidents .. If it will not synchronization events for everyone same for me is better turn off it :)
Kind Regards : RedWolfTV_TMP

TruckersMP - Members

I have crashed into 2 chatting office clerks in the middle of nowhere in UK, they where probably discussing about how slow their MS Excel was on that day and how they desperately needed to process huge data base to make a presentation for their bosses. So they decided to chill out and get out on the fresh air.

ets2_20180617_233554_00.png

27 minutes ago, MrG721 said:

I have crashed into 2 chatting office clerks in the middle of nowhere in UK, they where probably discussing about how slow their MS Excel was on that day and how they desperately needed to process huge data base to make a presentation for their bosses. So they decided to chill out and get out on the fresh air.

ets2_20180617_233554_00.png

I had this problem too.... I thought that I could drive threw these people. :D 

Random road events are creating problems. I even started a topic in the forum suggestion, which i thought it would be very much useful to players if they sync the random road events. How ever some GM said they cannot satisfy everyone and moved the topic to trash. I even asked horizon on live stream. He said that they are working on it and there will some updates on that soon. Let's hope for best.

To be fair there are two sides of the coin when it comes to random road events in MP - if random road events could be synchronised server-wide to only be enabled for contraflow roadworks and random roadwork situations, then that would improve the overall realism experience in TruckersMP as right now, most of the time, lane narrowings and roadworks in general don't move anywhere.

There's also the bad side of random road events - there aren't any broken down cars because there is no AI, so you get lonely people standing on the side of the motorway without a car which can cause a very dangerous situation as the AI isn't there, so people will think "Hey, there's nothing around apart from that one person, so I'll try and drive normally" but instead they crash out. 

On 19.6.2018 at 3:30 PM, Hanzwurst said:

Hey guys,

In my options I set my Random-Road-Events to max. What do you thing about Road-Events. Should be there on option for all players? :tmp:

The road events should in my opinion be taken out of the multiplayer completely because it leads to many accidents. The road events are sudden, so it's better not to get into such a situation

On 6/19/2018 at 8:30 AM, Hanzwurst said:

Hey guys,

I feel the slider should always be off for MP use right simply due to the fact that they are not synced, I can see many issues where youre side by side and have to decide between running into a broken down car or running into the other player. So for MP I think it should always be disabled until it gets properly synced for everyone

^^ That's correct, but being a client-side setting, I don't know if it can be forced to be off (it's not like a speed limiter with a fixed value, but a slider which can be set at 0, 10%, 20%, 80%...). About the situation you comment, it's quite easy in fact: I am driving on my lane, I see ahead one of those random events and there's another vehicle on my side. I slow down and even stop if I need to, until the other vehicle goes by and I can switch lanes and keep going. No need to run into a broken car or into the other player. I can see the problem, though... Most players won't slow down, they'll do the opposite and try to merge into the other lane ahead of the other vehicle... and that's a recipe for disaster in most cases.

Random events is unnecessary because now as another/other players not sync in multiplayer.

So,I turn off random events via multiplayer because random events reason more accidents.I don't want to be banned from the multiplayer by mistake.

Yeah I have mine turned off, because I tend to drive in high traffic areas and the bigger road events get me too close to oncoming traffic, and I get an uncomfortable feeling. Too close for comfort. I have confidence in myself but I don't trust anyone else. One time, this guy was driving towards me and half of his truck was in my lane. Turned off road events at that very moment.

Hello !

In fact at the beginning I wanted to let it activated, but the problem is that it's not synchronized with the other players so that mean it may cause accidents, in my opinion it's the a good thing but not adapted to TMP.

Yop. 

Archived